Remove Advertisements

Even the naga guardian from Lurker belittle me

Hydross, Lurker, Leotheras, Fathom-Lord, Tidewalker, Vashj

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Shalark » Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:15 pm

My Guild has had plenty of problems with the add that comes up next to the platform with the hole in the middle. We have decided to have a pally over there now due to he will just take off sometimes for no reason. The pally just sits there with the guardian targeted and spams hammer of justice till is attackable. Then it is no problem picking up agro on him.
Shalark

Postby ehly » Tue Apr 22, 2008 3:33 pm

I have to also guess some sort of massive healing crit.

Ulushnar wrote:Weird. I drop a Consecrate at his feet, JoR on his head as soon as he's targettable and he's on me like a fat kid on ice cream.

When we use to do it, This is what I always had happen.
ehly

Postby Robbert » Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:06 pm

Either one of your ranged dps popped a pot/healthstone/etc or a hybrid ranged dps (ele shammy or shadow priest) on an island decided to top a few people up with heals on their island and generated threat on the Guardian just as it woke up and before actually taking a tick from concecrate. If a Guardian aggros on someone on an island they insta-teleport to that island. Just be glad we have a ranged taunt to grab him back unlike warrior/druids.

Solution...no heals...no pots...no spells of any kind on the islands until the three Guardians have aggroed on the three inner ring tanks.
Robbert

Postby 2ndNin » Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:01 am

What we do is have all healing stop for that bit, I drop a consecrate, and then judge righteous, once all the tanks have done their equivalent threat moves we yell out got it, and healing restarts, if you heal too early you can get threat on all 3 (we had chain healer pwns once).

Just make sure nothing funky is going on, had them jump before the first consc tick to a healer, its not fun chasing a mob around as it bounces :D
[url=http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightbringer&n=elyria]Armoury Link
[/url]
2ndNin

Postby Shirak » Wed May 07, 2008 3:00 pm

I usually stun, consecrate, then judge and they stay with me. Last night was slightly different though. My wife has just started raiding, she attacked my add and critted. It went after her, I taunted, but in her panic she caste again and had a second crit...

I got aggro back after it killed her :cry:
Tuberon wrote:Tanking *is* crowd control.

You run into a crowd, and proceed to control it.
Shirak

Postby Cearn » Wed May 07, 2008 3:18 pm

Shadowpriests

It's always Shadowpriests
Cearn

Previous

Return to Serpentshrine Cavern