Remove Advertisements

Sethekk Halls - Advice for new Tankadin

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Sethekk Halls - Advice for new Tankadin

Postby jaiyo » Wed May 07, 2008 10:22 am

Hey everyone!

I recently re-specced my lvl 70 Paladin and I am tanking Sethekk Halls tonight for the first time. I was hoping that I could get some advice on how to tank the instance, what to look out for, etc.

Your help is greatly appreciated :)

BTW...My tanking gear is up to snuff for this instance (490 Def, 12,000 Armor, 10,500 HP, 295 Spell DMG, etc) so I'm more concerned on tips for the instance :)

Thx!!!!!
jaiyo
Maintankadonor

Postby Lookit » Wed May 07, 2008 10:47 am

First boss:
- Be sure to have consecrate down at all times, so that when the adds spawn they go to you and not the healer.
- You can get an enormous amount of debuffs during this fight (like, 20+) which is the perfect time to use a /cancelaura macro to bubble and then clear your bubble to wipe away the debuffs. Use AW at the beginning of the fight to get a nice lead on aggro, and then a minute later you'll be able to clear your debuffs.

Trash before second boss:
- Watch out for the Prophets. They fear. If you sheep one and save it for last, it will almost always cast fear the moment you break sheep. The fear has a very short range though, so if you get close enough to judge JoR to break the sheep and then immediately run back towards the group, the Prophet will still cast fear but it won't hit you.
- One of the mobs (can't remember which, might be the Prophets) turns into an invincible slow-moving ghost when it dies. Just get away from it and it will fade away after a few seconds. Always hilarious to see a rogue try and solo one of these guys only to get smacked down.
- In the large room before the second boss with several large pulls, be sure to pull each pack into the previous room. The last thing you need is getting feared into another large pull.

Second boss:
- I tank him between the front two pillars. When he warps and starts casting arcane blast, everyone needs to get behind the pillar on the right. After the blast, he will likely aggro onto someone else, so be ready with a taunt & JoR.
- He polymorphs, which is deadly if it happens right before an arcane blast since the person won't be able to get out of the way. Make sure that you have Decursive, so you can easily cleanse any polymorphs. Ideally, your healer will be on top of this, but what happens when your healer gets poly'd? Better safe than sorry.

That's just off the top of my head, I'm sure there's many more helpful tidbits for the place. There's quite a bit of the trash that can be skipped before the first boss if you are careful. Watch out for little solo birds that path around, as they can easily pull a group with them if you aren't careful.

Have fun :)
Lookit

Postby Snake-Aes » Wed May 07, 2008 11:45 am

A Very specific skipping that can wipe people is in the room with prophets right before the hallway to the first boss: when you skip trash there, hug the wall to the right and stay on the corner. You have to move first so the owl thatp atsi nside facepulls to you and you tank it till the healer and dps comes and ALL STAY IN MELEE RANGE. Being charged into any direction other than the wall will pull adds.

Face oracles away from the group. The chain lightining silences.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Arcand » Wed May 07, 2008 1:21 pm

The chain lightning hurts like a bastard, and silences. Have everyone who can stay waaaay back.

The Time-Lost Controllers drop a mind-control totem which can cause
some serious problems. Hammer into your DPS to drop everything and switch to the totem the instant it appears. It breaks pretty easy if people make the effort.

Fear is cleansable. Make a mouseover macro for Cleanse. Groups with a paladin and/or priest don't have to take any shit from fear-spamming mobs.
Arcand

Postby Seloei » Fri May 09, 2008 12:48 am

Either focus down the Time Lost Controllers or shackle them. They need to die fast or you might get mc'd and the mobs will break free on the group. Shielding out works but you need to get agg back fast.

Prophets are meanies, either CC them or burn em fast, if they fear you into a side group its over most of the times.

On first boss, be sure to tell everyone to kill adds ASAP they spawn.

Before the last boss Time Lost Shadowmages do a random target Arcane missiles thingy, burn em first or shackle.

Tank the last boss near the entrance door, so you can run in/out to avoid the arcane explosion. Everyone should have a health pot or bandages and be ready to taunt him off someone. His an annoying bastage
Seloei

Postby Arcand » Fri May 09, 2008 12:53 pm

Seloei wrote:On first boss, be sure to tell everyone to kill adds ASAP they spawn.

This. Also, fear works on...eh...I think three of the five elementals, so a fearbomb works wonders for keeping the damage down.
Arcand

Postby kryptx » Fri May 09, 2008 2:02 pm

The last wave of adds on the first boss (which spawns when the boss is at 10%) can be safely ignored.

Also the elementals are immune to their own damage.

The last boss can be an idiot check, people need to pay attention and when he starts casting Arcane Explosion GET BEHIND A PILLAR (or I guess tank him by the door, but I've always preferred the pillars myself). This also means you or your healer needs to be on top of cleanse/dispel because he casts polymorph too. There also seems to be an aggro dump associated with his blink/AE, so get right back on him ASAP after he explodes.
Barachiel - 70 Draenei Paladin [Hydraxis]
Barlan - 70 Dwarf Priest [Hydraxis]
Frizia - 70 Blood Elf Mage [Hellscream]
kryptx

Postby Kathane » Fri May 09, 2008 2:30 pm

Don't tank it at 64 (with an uptight group)

Knows of what he speaks :lol:
"What's the kill order?"
"This room, the next room, the hallway, and then the boss."
*throws shield*

Kathane

Postby jaiyo » Sat May 10, 2008 12:28 am

Thank you all very much for your valuable feedback.

It was VERY helpful.

Jaiyo
jaiyo
Maintankadonor

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics