tank!
39%
spellpowah
61%

Total votes : 23

Righteous hat

Postby Pane » Wed May 07, 2008 12:24 am

Hiya

Yesterday in heroic mech, helmet of the righteous was defaulted to me (I was after all tanking the place). Already the proud owner of Tankadin goggles, it's a clear downgrade for anything except spellpower, so I figure it will go into my (budding) threatset.

Now I have read more than once you should gem/enchant towards the strength of an item, and I was wondering how far people would recommend me taking this. In other words, should I use spellpower enchants and gems, or tanking ones?

thanks in advance

ps sorry for not linking the items; I haven't a clue how. Figured y'all know these things anyway :)
Pane

Postby Sarima » Wed May 07, 2008 12:42 am

I'd probably gem/chant for stamina or if needed, defence.
Worldie wrote:[...]omg, WotLK will seriously hurt my bran.
Sarima

Postby Seloei » Wed May 07, 2008 12:43 am

Vendorfood! :P
Seriously, make the healing goggles and use those instead for tanking if you need the threat. But there are a lot better places where to get more SD.

But if you really want to gem/use that, then go for +spelldamage gems and a 18 stam meta.
Seloei

Postby spelltank » Wed May 07, 2008 1:39 am

Since you'll be using your tankatronics for all your serious tanking, i'd just gem/enchant it for as much spelldmg as you possibly can, for those times where you need to downgrade your armor to get mana back, as getting defense/stam isnt as important when you're only using it when you have no chance of dying
spelltank

Postby Ashmadai » Wed May 07, 2008 5:27 am

Yeah, I'd say just gem for max SD for your threat set. You're never going to run into a boss and go "I wish I had more defense on my d3 hat for this fight!" because you already have tankatronics. So go for max threat on the d3 helm.
Ashmadai

Postby Alberich » Wed May 07, 2008 6:32 am

I gemmed mine with the Auchindoun spell damage/run speed meta. I used to use it while running back from the door in Kara.
Alberich

Postby Kellann » Wed May 07, 2008 8:56 am

It's OK at a pre-KZ gearlevel for a threat piece. Once you get your T4, that's the one you want to make your threat piece, as the 2pc bonus is fairly easy to swap pieces for and a great threat boost.
Kellann - Uther
Kellann

Postby Spectrum » Wed May 07, 2008 10:59 am

I agree with some of the other people around. If this item is being considered for a threat piece over Tankatronics, then it's not one you're going to be swapping in for any serious fight. Therefore, go all out on the threat. You can use it when down-gearing for some extra DPS/mana efficiency.
Spectrum
Maintankadonor

Postby Pane » Thu May 08, 2008 9:43 pm

thanks for the replies/votes guys :)
Pane

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice