Remove Advertisements

Clearing Trash & Bosses

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Clearing Trash & Bosses

Postby Cake » Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:55 am

Yesterday night, myself offtanking (Uncrittable & uncrushable buffed 11,600HP) and a warrior main tanking (Uncrittable & uncrushable 15,000 HP), my group made it up to shade.
Wipe after wipe (lol) the warrior decided to leave. Spawns occured and I was designated as the new tank beacuse they couldn't find anyone else.
I seemed to die every other 72 elite beacuse the THREE healers couldn't keep me up and I was expected to pick up everything the group pulled when I was already tanking something else.
I was soon told that they wanted to replace me with another 15,000HP warrior beacuse "I'm not good enough."

Am I wrong to be angry about this? Both warriors seemed to be over the top for Karazhan and that the group wasn't willing to do anything besides ezmode with an overgeared tank. Also, can anyone fill me in on what kind of gear you need to be able to tank most of the bosses and clear the trash in Karazhan?

Armory Link: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... %C3%A2teau

Edit: I don't know if this will help my case any, but the warrior main tank dropped on Curator when he was at about 20%. I tanked him for the 20% that was left.
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... %C3%A2teau
Gâteau - Critical Business - Smolderthorn
Cake

Postby Cearn » Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:08 am

your healers sucked
period
Cearn

Postby Robin de tolens » Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:40 pm

Cearn wrote:your healers sucked
period

QFT

Plus overloading you with mobs is not a good idea. Who said it is important to chain pull mob packs?
Krahla - 80 Warlock
Elemmírë - 70 Priest
Veljen - 25 Shaman
The reliable protection of the horseman is DONKEY of the bathroom
Robin de tolens

Postby Cake » Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:52 pm

Glad to hear some people are siding with me. :P
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... %C3%A2teau
Gâteau - Critical Business - Smolderthorn
Cake

Postby Robin de tolens » Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:54 pm

Cake wrote:Glad to hear some people are siding with me. :P

^_^
Krahla - 80 Warlock
Elemmírë - 70 Priest
Veljen - 25 Shaman
The reliable protection of the horseman is DONKEY of the bathroom
Robin de tolens

Postby Holyfuri » Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:29 am

Definetely sounds like the healers were asleep or something, and the TANK controls the pace and the pulls, not the huntard with the MD disease.

You have just about all of your pre kara/heroic gear except for maybe a craftable or two (bracers of green fortress/helm of your choice). You should be fine tanking trash in kara up to chess with decent healers. I have seen tanks in your gear tank prince successfully with awesome healers even.
Holyfuri

Postby Hierax » Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:53 pm

A question I have along this same front - is , do folks wear their uncrushable gear while doing trash in Kara ?
(very small casual guild...currently only 2-3 of us want to see Kara)

Reason being I've just recently entered Heroics and finally got my Libram and am playing the 'what do I wear when I do X' games.

For Heroics - I can sit around 15.1ac, 14.7hps 60ish avoidance (includes block), 485def. (with kings)

For Kara I can play games with slot swaps - but in general I'm 14.9AC, 13.8hp, 495def, 67-69ish avoidance. (again with kings)
(holy shield+libram gets me over the 102.4 )

I'm just wondering if folks pull trash using higher hps - and put on their pure uncrush gear only for bosses. I basically swap out 3-4 pieces depending. Maybe it's moot for an uncrush noob - but I hate losing the 900ish hps for non-bosses. Do folks favor block on trash and then dodge on bosses ?

Sorry for dumb questions - but I'm hoping to try Kara sometime soon.
Hierax

Re: Clearing Trash & Bosses

Postby Lookit » Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:12 pm

Cake wrote:Yesterday night, myself offtanking (Uncrittable & uncrushable buffed 11,600HP) and a warrior main tanking (Uncrittable & uncrushable 15,000 HP), my group made it up to shade.

11.6k health seems pretty low for Kara to me, especially if you're the only tank on the trash. Remember that for trash you don't need to worry about uncrushability at all, so focus on stamina and effective health. It's only for boss mobs that you must be uncrushable, and even then in Kara it's really only Nightbane and Prince you really need to worry about total uncrushability. I.e., for something like Moroes or Maiden, if I could lose a percent or two of uncrush but gain a chunk of health (by equipping a stam trinket, for example) I would tend to do so.

I usually solo tank Kara with 2 healers, so with 3 healers and enough avoidance to be uncrushable you really should have been able to do just fine on the trash. My advice for next time is to focus on getting a deeper health pool, and don't hesitate to use CC on the trash if you think it will make for a smoother run.
Lookit

Postby inthedrops » Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:18 pm

Hierax wrote:A question I have along this same front - is , do folks wear their uncrushable gear while doing trash in Kara ?

Reason being I've just recently entered Heroics and finally got my Libram and am playing the 'what do I wear when I do X' games.

For Heroics - I can sit around 15.1ac, 14.7hps 60ish avoidance (includes block), 485def. (with kings)

For Kara I can play games with slot swaps - but in general I'm 14.9AC, 13.8hp, 495def, 67-69ish avoidance. (again with kings)

I'm just wondering if folks pull trash using higher hps - and put on their pure uncrush gear only for bosses. I basically swap out 3-4 pieces depending. Maybe it's moot for an uncrush noob - but I hate losing the 900ish hps for non-bosses. Do folks favor block on trash and then dodge on bosses ?

Wear what gets the job done best. If you need to gear down so things run smoother then do so.
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby ldeboer » Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:47 pm

Hierax wrote:A question I have along this same front - is , do folks wear their uncrushable gear while doing trash in Kara ?

For Badgastan now most just make sure your uncritable (+490 def) up to curator change your gear to max HP and pull as fast as your healers allow. Current gear of an average guild MT and healers is so much higher than old days.

As your gear and armour gets up in heroics you get to have fun :)

A neat trick and freaks your group out is to do something like H-SP put your high mitigation gear on and pick up all 6 of the crustacians in the first room ... healer usually has a heart attack :)
ldeboer

Postby Cosmoz » Tue May 06, 2008 2:38 pm

you CAN tank kara, but it sounds your raid wanted a badgerun. Im doing badgeruns ONLY, and people need 90% full PVE epics and experiance. sure, sometimes I invite a friend of mine with pure blue krap, but well, its a blessing beeing the raid leader :) if other people complain, they can always leave. (but they never do)
so mu answer, if people look for a tank for a badge run (and no wipes whatsoever), dont join. if they just look for any tank, you can prolly join.
Cosmoz

Postby Kelaan » Tue May 06, 2008 2:47 pm

Holyfuri wrote:Definetely sounds like the healers were asleep or something, and the TANK controls the pace and the pulls, not the huntard with the MD disease.

Also -- a tip. If you see the hunter doing the misdirect thing, and you don't want him to, you can click offthe misdirect buff. This will basically cause him to pull the mobs onto himself, and not you. ;)

Agreed that the tank sets the pace. Good lord , that doesn't sound like a fun run you had. Here's hoping the future ones are better.
Kelaan

Return to Karazhan