Mu'ru

Kalecgos, Brutallus, Felmyst, M'uru, Entropius, Kil'jaeden

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Elsie » Tue May 06, 2008 11:25 am

Any idea their raid make up? I can only single out 3 tanks, no idea how they keep dealing with the 3 adds from KJ's door.
Elsie

Postby Zeels » Tue May 06, 2008 11:28 am

I'm pretty pleased to see two tankadins in the world first two guilds taking M'uru down.
By the Power of Grey Skull!

Lvl 80 Spanks you very much Spankadin!

Spank
Zeels

Postby FallMonkey » Tue May 06, 2008 5:13 pm

Zeels wrote:I'm pretty pleased to see two tankadins in the world first two guilds taking M'uru down.

Not that good, regard of the forum's name.
FallMonkey

Postby Katamai » Tue May 06, 2008 5:41 pm

Zeels wrote:I'm pretty pleased to see two tankadins in the world first two guilds taking M'uru down.

I have yet to see a fight that really puts tankadins in the spotlight (except for Felmyst) so i can't wait for M'uru.

Twins are going really, really well and with tonight's near kills, i'm looking forward to endlessly wiping on M'uru next week :P

Any tips you want to share with us Ossuary? :wink:
I... was... once... called... Ashbringer...
My... son... watched... me... die...
KILL... THEM... ALL!
Katamai

Postby Elsie » Tue May 06, 2008 8:21 pm

My guild doesnt have feral druids so we might actually be doing this fight with 3 prot paladins and 1 warriors the way exo did >_>
Elsie

Postby Cleanse » Tue May 06, 2008 10:45 pm

Elsie wrote:My guild doesnt have feral druids so we might actually be doing this fight with 3 prot paladins and 1 warriors the way exo did >_>

Warriors work. Spell reflect is amazing threat.
Cleanse

Postby rozakk » Tue May 06, 2008 11:20 pm

our role in this fight is really a sidebar. i was VERY impressed at the dps the exodus video put out as far as the add waves as well as void sents, while at the same time having time to dps muru as well. The ae tanking spawns is clearly there to give us a role but it's really not the mechanic that is going to stall most guilds progress. It takes a trivial amt of gear and probably not even prot spec to tank those void spawns.

I was impressed their feral druids also dual tanked the zerkers every wave and lived..ours tend to get shredded quickly and I know we have good healers (6 healed brut, 9 healed twins). I think the way they are gearing must be an important part of them pulling it off. I am confident a prot paladin gearing for mit should be able to do it too(I was surviving it on several attempts a few nights ag), but theres only one in my guild and i know im going to get stuck on void spawns. Which is a shame really because it is fun as hell to show off how much zerker dmg you mitigate :twisted:
rozakk

Postby Elsie » Wed May 07, 2008 8:50 pm

So, we tried exodus' strat. We have 0 feral druids so we started off with 2 war / 2 paladins.

The warrior couldnt really hold threat on 3 guys at once. So we swapped to 3 prot paladins / 1 warrior.

Then the healers just couldnt keep us up and picking up the 3 on the entrance side is near-impossible without dps waiting for aggro. You really can't do exodus' strategy without at least 1 feral druid for that door. We're having some success with an aoe strat.

How on earth exodus managed to keep their tanks up without thunderclap and with only 6 healers is amazing.
Elsie

Postby Cleanse » Thu May 08, 2008 4:57 am

Elsie wrote:So, we tried exodus' strat. We have 0 feral druids so we started off with 2 war / 2 paladins.

The warrior couldnt really hold threat on 3 guys at once. So we swapped to 3 prot paladins / 1 warrior.

Then the healers just couldnt keep us up and picking up the 3 on the entrance side is near-impossible without dps waiting for aggro. You really can't do exodus' strategy without at least 1 feral druid for that door. We're having some success with an aoe strat.

How on earth exodus managed to keep their tanks up without thunderclap and with only 6 healers is amazing.

The main thing is, you need to play to the strengths of your guild.

Apparently the elves do not have the Sunwell Radiance, so avoidance is really nice. A smart feral druid will probably gem for almost pure agility. Swipe hits three targets, a dps warrior _can_ and should be debuffing the adds for the druid and then dpsing, the enterance is the hardest to tank, but a druid fills that role really well.
Cleanse

Postby Katamai » Thu May 08, 2008 9:02 am

Bit disappointed to see that SK Gaming used a healbot in tanking gear.

Looks like this is another fight where prot paladin is not really needed.
WotLK can't come too soon -.-
KILL... THEM... ALL!
Katamai

Postby Jonlo » Thu May 08, 2008 9:31 am

Katamai wrote:Bit disappointed to see that SK Gaming used a healbot in tanking gear.

Looks like this is another fight where prot paladin is not really needed.
WotLK can't come too soon -.-

Yeah, but there's nothing a Paladin in Heal gear offers over an actual prot paladin. If you bring a paladin to every raid to tank, and a fight comes up where he'll excel at tanking it, the raid loses nothing, if you don't bring a paladin, and someone has to adjust their playstyle to get everything in order, the raid loses an effective healer, and has to have another one available.
Jonlo
Maintankadonor

Postby Lore » Thu May 08, 2008 9:43 am

At this point in progression, both content-wise and as a class, we should not be relying on our class to guarantee an invite. Focus on being a good player and good tank who happens to be a Prot Paladin.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Rorshach » Thu May 08, 2008 11:05 am

Lore wrote:At this point in progression, both content-wise and as a class, we should not be relying on our class to guarantee an invite. Focus on being a good player and good tank who happens to be a Prot Paladin.

Lore is absolutely correct. A great player who is slightly undergeared will always be chosen for our raids over someone with a little better gear who has mediocre skills.
Order of Medivh ~ Maiev US PVP
Sarcasm: it's a lifestyle
Rorshach

Postby Elsie » Thu May 08, 2008 2:01 pm

The main thing is, you need to play to the strengths of your guild.

Apparently the elves do not have the Sunwell Radiance, so avoidance is really nice. A smart feral druid will probably gem for almost pure agility. Swipe hits three targets, a dps warrior _can_ and should be debuffing the adds for the druid and then dpsing, the enterance is the hardest to tank, but a druid fills that role really well.

A smart druid will have their t6 gemmed probably the same way every other tank in the game is, stamina. I agree that the fury warriors should be debuffing, but mine seem adverse to losing DPS for thunderclap.

SK Gaming released their video today, and we're going to try it that way tonight, I think. The difference is how they handled the adds which would work much better with our tank set up for keeping tanks alive. I'll probably be coralling adds.
Elsie

Postby Katamai » Thu May 08, 2008 5:38 pm

Lore wrote:At this point in progression, both content-wise and as a class, we should not be relying on our class to guarantee an invite. Focus on being a good player and good tank who happens to be a Prot Paladin.

Problem is when you're not taken because your spec is "optimal" or "best" but because you're a good player. Imagine how much better would it be if besides being a good player, one had a "good" spec or even class?

So far i'm being very annoyed by some of the things in SWP (HELLOOOO mana burn!) and out-of-set itemization there is imo appalling. As much as i love this class, and as long as i've stuck with it, there's times when i just think i'd be more useful to my guild as a "proper" spec or a different class.

M'uru (not there yet but soon hopefully) seems like one of those fights where prot paladin is nice to have but not needed by any stretch of imagination. If a holy paladin in prot gear can tank, when he switches to healing shield/weapon in P2 he'd be much more valuable than a full blown prot paladin. If that helps my guild, i'd gladly respec but i can't help but feel more than jaded about the situation we find ourselves in over and over again. It's not that we can't perform, but numbers and RL experience show that in cutting edge fights like M'uru, every bit matters and unfortunately, we are more of a dead weight than significant help.

Sorry for this QQ but i'm annoyed by another SWP raid where i respeced Holy due to Brutallus and the risk of taunt resist/bugged and twins being easier with war/druid combo. I do it on my own to make it easier for the guild but it really makes me feel annoyed.

Now seeing that what i hoped would be 2nd coming of Felmyst type of fight (where's we're vital) turns out to be nothing like it. I know it can be done but it just feels like pushing a rock up a hill while warriors and druids seem to be on a stroll.
KILL... THEM... ALL!
Katamai

PreviousNext

Return to Sunwell Plateau