Remove Advertisements

Mu'ru

Kalecgos, Brutallus, Felmyst, M'uru, Entropius, Kil'jaeden

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Cleanse » Tue May 06, 2008 12:32 am

Elexis wrote:How can you fail on TPS on the melee humanoids as pally. I really wanna know. You didnt keybind holy shield or what???!!


The amount of dps required on them and how inferior paladin threat is to a feral druid is why I said. We haven't tried yet as feral Druids and Warriors (for spell reflect the caster) is superior.

Have you made good progress with this strategy? We found that 1 sheep (hard to do with consecrate) made healing a lot more stable, at least a 10% reduction in healing needed.
User avatar
Cleanse
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2008 2:27 pm

Postby Requital » Tue May 06, 2008 5:11 am

Of all the Paladin Tanks in this encounter how many of you are tanking Sentinels only? Humanoids only? Voids only? or Sentinels + Voids?
Image
Requital
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:50 am

Postby Eeva » Tue May 06, 2008 6:15 am

Requital wrote:Of all the Paladin Tanks in this encounter how many of you are tanking Sentinels only? Humanoids only? Voids only? or Sentinels + Voids?



Current strat puts me on gathering Spawns and AoEing 2 groups together. Been under 50% P1 only a couple times. >< 300SR


Tanking Sents seems to be a Warrior job.

Multi-tanking Humanoids didn't go too well with dual Flurry raping me, but didn't give it too many tries.
Image
Eeva
 
Posts: 63
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2007 3:45 pm

Postby FallMonkey » Tue May 06, 2008 6:18 am

Eeva wrote:
Requital wrote:Of all the Paladin Tanks in this encounter how many of you are tanking Sentinels only? Humanoids only? Voids only? or Sentinels + Voids?



Current strat puts me on gathering Spawns and AoEing 2 groups together. Been under 50% P1 only a couple times. >< 300SR


Tanking Sents seems to be a Warrior job.

Multi-tanking Humanoids didn't go too well with dual Flurry raping me, but didn't give it too many tries.


Regarding the flurry of humanoid, why wouldnt you use conventional mitigation gear?

Maybe compared to the melee dmg, shadow damage is little case.
FallMonkey
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon May 05, 2008 12:15 pm

Postby Eeva » Tue May 06, 2008 6:53 am

I was in full tank gear on them. I just seemed to spike really hard.
Image
Eeva
 
Posts: 63
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2007 3:45 pm

Postby Bobu » Tue May 06, 2008 6:56 am

gratz ossuary
on US first :P
How come you guys didnt use any hunters on ur muru kill?
I never really feel quite right
I don't know why, all I know is there's something wrong
Every time I look at you, you seem so alive

Tell me how do you do it, walk me through it
I'm following every
~Mr Big
User avatar
Bobu
 
Posts: 418
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:32 am
Location: NYC

Postby Requital » Tue May 06, 2008 7:04 am

Bobu wrote:gratz ossuary
on US first :P
How come you guys didnt use any hunters on ur muru kill?


Can't check certian sites from work, When did Exodus get it last night sometime? GJ on that btw gratz on the kill.

Ossuary looks like he geared for more then just Void tanking but he could have swapped gear as well.
Image
Requital
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:50 am

Postby Katamai » Tue May 06, 2008 7:19 am

Eeva wrote:I was in full tank gear on them. I just seemed to spike really hard.


I'm guessing avoidance set is not an option?
I... was... once... called... Ashbringer...
My... son... watched... me... die...
KILL... THEM... ALL!
User avatar
Katamai
 
Posts: 842
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:25 pm
Location: Silvermoon, EU

Postby FallMonkey » Tue May 06, 2008 7:21 am

Katamai wrote:
Eeva wrote:I was in full tank gear on them. I just seemed to spike really hard.


I'm guessing avoidance set is not an option?


same issue here, wonder what kind of mitigation will work well.
FallMonkey
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon May 05, 2008 12:15 pm

Postby Jonlo » Tue May 06, 2008 7:33 am

A little off topic: Grats to Ossuary and is a fellow Kel'thuzad resident who I know hangs on this forum for the US server first on M'uru.

Maybe he can give us some tips on how this fight is done now that he has a kill under his belt?
Image
Jonlo
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 814
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2007 5:16 pm

Postby Elexis » Tue May 06, 2008 8:22 am

Last nights tries I was tanking all melee humanoids + voidspawns near one of the humanoid spawn points. Void sentinel get dragged to me when its about to die. I use slightly more blockrating/block value than normal and I got 1 point in reckoning. Reckoning uptime is very high even with only one point in it.

Atm we are wiping because of stupid stuff and crappy DPS setup. As dps is lacking we are lagging behind on killing of the berserkers and once I get 6 or more on me the damage intake get spiky; 8 and I'm gonna die any second. Plenty of wipes because of gimp locks seeding up stuff when they aren't supposed to. Like when a sentinel death happens as new humanoids spawn.

It's obvious that this is the kind of fight that there are plenty of ways of doing it; at least for phase 1. Whats important here is to maximize dps and the easiest way of doing that is simply to bring more. That means less tanks/healers.

Assumeing the voidspawns are snareable a frost mage might be able to handle them.
Elexis
 
Posts: 49
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:17 am

Postby FallMonkey » Tue May 06, 2008 8:26 am

Jonlo wrote:A little off topic: Grats to Ossuary and is a fellow Kel'thuzad resident who I know hangs on this forum for the US server first on M'uru.

Maybe he can give us some tips on how this fight is done now that he has a kill under his belt?


ya, wtb tips plz :)
FallMonkey
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon May 05, 2008 12:15 pm

Postby Eeva » Tue May 06, 2008 8:27 am

FallMonkey wrote:
Katamai wrote:
Eeva wrote:I was in full tank gear on them. I just seemed to spike really hard.


I'm guessing avoidance set is not an option?


same issue here, wonder what kind of mitigation will work well.



Avoidance is an option. I just have a really decent tank set for picking up things that were going to be DE'd. I think that ferals seem to work best with such high armor and dodge + 1 Mage for a sheep on each side.
Image
Eeva
 
Posts: 63
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2007 3:45 pm

Postby Elexis » Tue May 06, 2008 8:55 am

Ferals seem to work worst for us. Hits are small and fast which means block value makes up for armor difference.
Elexis
 
Posts: 49
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:17 am

Postby Cleanse » Tue May 06, 2008 10:24 am

User avatar
Cleanse
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2008 2:27 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Sunwell Plateau

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


Remove Advertisements

Who is online

In total there are 0 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 0 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests
?php } else { ?