Remove Advertisements

For those of you getting Bear Mounts...

Nalorakk, Akil'zon, Jan'alai, Halazzi, Malacrass, Zul'jin

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

For those of you getting Bear Mounts...

Postby Halisstra » Mon May 05, 2008 11:44 am

How much time do you have left after dragonhawk? We've started to get three chests down pretty well and are sitting at about 6ish minutes with DH down. (3.30 avg to kill a boss.).

This is with 1-2 undergeared DPS, and sometimes 3 healers instead of 2 and going BEAR > Eagle > DH ( I understand that Eagle > Bear > DH will save us some time).

I'm just wondering how much time those of you who pull it have when DH dies.

Thanks!
Halisstra

Postby Loganb1104 » Mon May 05, 2008 11:53 am

We had 14 minutes left on the timer the past two times we did the 4-timed. Granted, we didn't finish the second run because our tank got insta-gibbed on Lynx at 60% with like 4 minutes on the clock. QQ.
Obnauticus/Warlock/Mannoroth (main)
Oldtuna/Paladin/Nordrassil (alt)
Loganb1104

Postby Halisstra » Mon May 05, 2008 12:03 pm

Loganb1104 wrote:We had 14 minutes left on the timer the past two times we did the 4-timed. Granted, we didn't finish the second run because our tank got insta-gibbed on Lynx at 60% with like 4 minutes on the clock. QQ.

A bit further then I though, we're pretty much running badge gear with no feral druid ever and only sometimes a SP. I see how we can shave maybe an extra four minutes, but 10 still puts us a bit out of reach.

Thanks!
Halisstra

Postby Rorshach » Mon May 05, 2008 7:43 pm

Prot Warrior
Prot Paladin
Shadow Priest
Enhancement Shaman
Tree Druid
Holy Paladin
Rogue
Mage
Warlock
Hunter

On the way to eagle, you consecrate the whole way up, max rank for trolls, rank 1 for birds, skull-mark caster, back-up and pull next group as soon as caster is down. Have warrior pull tempest on stairs as soon as you pull last two trolls.
Use bloodlust on eagle boss, it will be up for Bear boss.
Tank eagle boss, warrior dps/executes.
On bear, prot pally tanks human phase, should hit human phase at around or just below 20%, warrior executes with bloodlust.
Travelling to dragonhawk take the most direct route, entangle every scout before blowing it up.
On dragonhawk consecrate right inside one hatcher area and let the hatcher break all of one-side right away, have single-target dps help with the first couple of egg-breakings. You'll get ported right after the last group breaks, DS off your debuffs as soon as you get ported, go back over and consecrate again, BoP mage after all the bombs blow and aoe them down. Let both hatchers break all eggs next time they spawn, although the boss often hits 35% at this time and they all break anyways. Round 'em all up so mage/lock can aoe them down again, done.
On the way to lynx, you pull all lynx packs, aoe, warrior single-taunts one and marks it for dps, repeats after it's down.
Warrior pulls one of the handlers while mage sheeps one, you will probably still be tanking two lynxes at this time. Rinse, repeat on the way to the boss.

Miscellaneous advice: chain-chug mana pots, 10 seconds at the most for sitting and drinking (allow warrior to mark targets while you all drink), use max threat/bv gear (I use blinding light flask, spell dmg food and wizard oil, Illidari Runeshield for spell dmg around 700+), use your HoJ whenever it is up.
Very important: Anytime you have a 4-mob pull mind control one and sheep another. Use MC to break sheep once first tanked mob is down.

Make sure everyone uses full consumables. If they are not they are not dedicated to getting you a bear and should be dropped for someone who will spend the money. I spent a lot of time and effort training our group to get a bear so they gave me the first one and I still run it most resets to 'bear' out our guild.

Lastly, you may want to consider some kind of 'bear rep' as we do. You cannot roll on the bear on your first night, or usually even your second. It always goes to the person who has the most runs under their belt. We do not allow anyone to discontinue helping others to get beared out once they have theirs. Keep in mind this is all in-guild.

We usually have 6 minutes or more left after Lynx dies. Record was 9 minutes left after boss down.

edit: you can do this will T5/Badge geared groups, don't need to be T6 out the ass, just makes it easier :D
Order of Medivh ~ Maiev US PVP
Sarcasm: it's a lifestyle
Rorshach

Postby Meliora » Mon May 05, 2008 8:31 pm

We use similar tactics, just a different group make up:

Resto Shaman
Holy Priest
Shadow Priest
Prot Pali
Mage
Warlock
MS Warrior
Rogue
Elem Shaman
Enhan Shaman

5 minutes left on the clock usually. Only other advice I can throw out there is do not loot anything (including badges).
Meliora

Postby Rorshach » Mon May 05, 2008 10:58 pm

Meliora wrote:5 minutes left on the clock usually. Only other advice I can throw out there is do not loot anything (including badges).

Oh we loot and just roll/pass as we move to the next boss but if you are having trouble making the timer then yes, don't loot.

The timed chests will still all be up after you finish Halazzi so you can leave those and just loot the boss you kill if you wish.

As for group makeup it can vary but bloodlust, battle res, and 2 pally buffs are a good thing to have.
Order of Medivh ~ Maiev US PVP
Sarcasm: it's a lifestyle
Rorshach

Postby superworm » Sat May 10, 2008 9:46 am

The Dragonhawk can be done pretty fast if you don't mind using bugs. With crusader aura when you jump down the ladder towards the side, you will find you stand in the air. The route you can walk in the air is parallel to the wooden fence on the ground, so when you walk towards the boss you need to jump over an invisible broken part. Any way, when you are close enough to the boss, you can use your ranged attack to engage the boss. If all goes well, the boss should disappear and the eggs are still there. The boss will reappear after about 30 seconds, if the eggs disappear with the boss you should try it again. And now your group could fight the boss, while the adds will never spawn and there are no dragonhawks spawning at 30%. In other words this becomes a traditional tank-and-spank fight except for the dodging-bomb game :D
superworm

Postby Levantine » Sat May 10, 2008 10:17 am

superworm wrote:The Dragonhawk can be done pretty fast if you don't mind using bugs. With crusader aura when you jump down the ladder towards the side, you will find you stand in the air. The route you can walk in the air is parallel to the wooden fence on the ground, so when you walk towards the boss you need to jump over an invisible broken part. Any way, when you are close enough to the boss, you can use your ranged attack to engage the boss. If all goes well, the boss should disappear and the eggs are still there. The boss will reappear after about 30 seconds, if the eggs disappear with the boss you should try it again. And now your group could fight the boss, while the adds will never spawn and there are no dragonhawks spawning at 30%. In other words this becomes a traditional tank-and-spank fight except for the dodging-bomb game :D

Ohai exploit, how r u 2day?
Levantine

Postby superworm » Sat May 10, 2008 9:06 pm

Levantine wrote:
superworm wrote:The Dragonhawk can be done pretty fast if you don't mind using bugs. With crusader aura when you jump down the ladder towards the side, you will find you stand in the air. The route you can walk in the air is parallel to the wooden fence on the ground, so when you walk towards the boss you need to jump over an invisible broken part. Any way, when you are close enough to the boss, you can use your ranged attack to engage the boss. If all goes well, the boss should disappear and the eggs are still there. The boss will reappear after about 30 seconds, if the eggs disappear with the boss you should try it again. And now your group could fight the boss, while the adds will never spawn and there are no dragonhawks spawning at 30%. In other words this becomes a traditional tank-and-spank fight except for the dodging-bomb game :D

In fact, there are a ton of bugs in Zul'aman. Some are bad bugs like the evading point, and some are good ones you could use to make the fight easier. In fact almost every boss has a bug method to fight. It just depends whether you bother to use it.
superworm

Postby Sithy » Mon May 12, 2008 9:51 am

superworm wrote:
Levantine wrote:

In fact, there are a ton of bugs in Zul'aman. Some are bad bugs like the evading point, and some are good ones you could use to make the fight easier. In fact almost every boss has a bug method to fight. It just depends whether you bother to use it.

Keep in mind blizzard loves to ban first, ask questions later. ;)
Sithy

Postby arilink » Thu May 15, 2008 10:07 pm

Reached Dragonhawk as third with 22 minutes on the timer tonight.

He wiped us due to ... people getting too euphoric about this great performance.
We got a crazy zerg group:
Retadin (823), Enhancer (1043), Fury (935), Feral (689), Rogue (863).
Holy Pally, Resto Druid (99 lol MF), CoH Priest, Elemental Sham (1264), Prot Pally (583).
That stuff in brackets shows the overall Dps for the timed.
Tonight I theorycrafted for our enhancer why windfury totem is tons better than Agility although our druid complained. Just to point it out: Windfury totem should nearly always be preferred over Agility IF there is just a single fury in the group considering overall DPS!
Anyhow stuff already died within seconds.
Well, I never really liked melee Dps until then.
Never really understood why I should plan in melee over ranged dps.
That showed me.
Especially the non-existent need of mana.

Solo tanked everything except the (last three) timed bosses.
We had no CC (well a little bit).
Engaged Akil'Zon after 4:39 min.
Killed 8:05 min.
Did not skip the first pat.
Did skip the two bears (sooth beast).
Did zerg the totem dude in last pre-bear group.
Engaged Nalorakk after 15:38 min.
Killed 19:34 min.
Did kill a group of reinforcements.
Did not skip last pat due to a totem drawing aggro.
Engaged Jan'Alai after 27:31 min.
Killed him at 36:40 min. (Wipe included, kill within 4:37 min.).
Did not skip the next pat.
Killed a lynx pack, took path through the windows.
Did skip the croco pat (swimming).
Engaged last group pre Halazzni as timer expired (45 min.)
Killed Halazzni in 4:09 min.

Also guys wanted to loot stuff as we had lootmaster settings.
Next time it will be group loot for sure.
Other points to improve are the skips mentioned above.
If you see a huge lag in time I'd love to hear advices.
Especially about the mindcontrol thingy although we only got one holy priest.
arilink

Postby Lookit » Tue May 20, 2008 9:24 am

My guild got its first bear mount last clear, so we were all really excited to run it again tonight. We were making fantastic time, and having pretty much a perfect run until we got to the dragonhawk. I tank the adds 1 full side at a time, and the first side went down easily. I bubble off the debuffs and head to the other side, standing at the edge of the bridge. Unfortunately, I was standing too close, and when he launched firebombs, I was hit by the wall of fire that comes up at the bridge's edge, and die. I was pretty discouraged knowing that I'd cost us our bear mount.

The only druid in the raid is currently tanking the boss. However, as soon as the boss launches his next wave of firebombs, the druid quickly battle rezes me and shifts back into bear form, I pop a pot and use RF, JUST in time to catch the wave of adds pouring into the raid as the boss hits 35%. We downed him and then headed off to lynx, finishing our bear run with 5 minutes on the timer. :D
Lookit

Postby Marwan » Tue May 20, 2008 9:29 am

That's a pretty epic story Lookit...

Grats!
Marwan

Postby zooyork » Wed May 21, 2008 1:22 am

Leveled a tankadin just for bearmount runs, since our guild didnt have a active pally. Play a mage otherwise.

"Tanked" in over 12 bears now and its just as fun as the first time.
Got kara/za/badge/pvp gear but its well enough for getting a mount.

I maintank most, and we use a druid as offtank.
Rest of the guild have a few pieces of T6 (t5 when we got the first few mounts)

Tried all kinds of setups and havent failed yet.
But best one seems to be
Tankadin (me)
Drood (offtank)
Shadowpriest
Resto shaman
Holy palla
2 Warlocks
Enhancement shaman
2 fury warriors.

With this setup think the record is around 9 minutes.

But the most fun setup was 2 healers, tankadin, drood and rest locks mages, just aoe everything.

How we do it

Start with akilzon, i tank all the thrash just chain pulling all the time.
I tank the boss.
Mount up, and run down towards nallorak. I tank the 3 mobs.
Drood sooth the 2 bears so we can pass.
Pack of 5 tank them all myself. Druid picks up one of the mounted guys.
On Nallorak i tank the human phase and druid bear phase.
All thrash towards jan alai is tank by me. No cc is used.
At Jan alai , the druid tanks the boss and myself takes one hole side.
Get him to 35% and then take the hole next side of adds. (have tanked both janalai and the adds but its not recommended, had 2 ress a few members after since healers where mostly on me all the time. and ressing takes time)

Thrash towards halazzi, tank all myself no cc used.
On halazzi druid tanks, i take cleaves and picking up the lynx.

Hope someone will find something usefull from this.
Happy bear mount hunting =)
If you'r not first you'r last!
zooyork

Return to Zul'aman