Remove Advertisements

Mu'ru

Kalecgos, Brutallus, Felmyst, M'uru, Entropius, Kil'jaeden

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby rozakk » Mon May 05, 2008 12:30 pm

i've actually found tanking 2 berserkers so far relatively survivable, especially with bv stacked. I hammer or call for a dcoil when i feel a pounding overwhelming me, but really with all the (relatively)small fast hits, AD kicks in like you wouldnt believe.

The few times i tanked the voidsent it was a toss of the coin on whether i got squashed - the 35% slow built into the void blast when its reflected is a pretty huge incentive to have a warr on it. The issue for us is when im on void spawns, the humanoids are not well controlled, and instead when they put me on humanoids, the void spawns get out of hand.

edit - tanking just the void spawns is a waste of a (imo) well geared prot paladin here. I put on holy gear with like 260 sr and tanked the shit outta those, you dont need tank gear worth an ass to tank them
Last edited by rozakk on Mon May 05, 2008 12:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
rozakk

Postby Worldie » Mon May 05, 2008 12:31 pm

Mmm no, i find T6 boots quite appealing and good :)
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Lucit » Mon May 05, 2008 12:59 pm

FallMonkey wrote:PS:Anyone notices that our T6 prot shoes are broken in itemization?

Brokenly awesome, yes.
Lucit

Postby fiorina » Mon May 05, 2008 1:22 pm

Requital wrote:Feels like you need 3 Hunters 2 and one bad spawn and you are going to be in trouble.

No, no. I mean use hunters for additional TPS if needed, not as a pull tool. If you can't reach next spawn or if small bastards are still alive, you will be overrun anyway.

FUKC LAGS DAMN BLIZZARD BURN, 1000ms+ whole evening ARRGHHH
fiorina
Maintankadonor

Postby Cleanse » Mon May 05, 2008 3:35 pm

rozakk wrote:i've actually found tanking 2 berserkers so far relatively survivable, especially with bv stacked. I hammer or call for a dcoil when i feel a pounding overwhelming me, but really with all the (relatively)small fast hits, AD kicks in like you wouldnt believe.

The few times i tanked the voidsent it was a toss of the coin on whether i got squashed - the 35% slow built into the void blast when its reflected is a pretty huge incentive to have a warr on it. The issue for us is when im on void spawns, the humanoids are not well controlled, and instead when they put me on humanoids, the void spawns get out of hand.

edit - tanking just the void spawns is a waste of a (imo) well geared prot paladin here. I put on holy gear with like 260 sr and tanked the shit outta those, you dont need tank gear worth an ass to tank them

The thing is, your tps on the humanoids isn't going to be amazing and dps needs to be really high on them.

Sounds like your other tanks need to step it up. This is a fight that shows who is good and who was being carried.
Cleanse

Postby Elexis » Mon May 05, 2008 4:04 pm

How can you fail on TPS on the melee humanoids as pally. I really wanna know. You didnt keybind holy shield or what???!!
Elexis

Postby FallMonkey » Mon May 05, 2008 5:02 pm

Elexis wrote:How can you fail on TPS on the melee humanoids as pally. I really wanna know. You didnt keybind holy shield or what???!!

It's hard to keep high tps to hold aggro confronted with humanoid....especially un-dualwield.

If you're T6 capped, maybe around 900.....?
FallMonkey

Postby FallMonkey » Mon May 05, 2008 5:06 pm

Lucit wrote:
FallMonkey wrote:PS:Anyone notices that our T6 prot shoes are broken in itemization?

Brokenly awesome, yes.

well,quote from my post in official forum

Well, another "Naturalist's Preserving Cinch"

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=34560

Lightbringer Stompers
Binds when picked up
Feet Plate
1322 Armor
+58 Stamina
Blue Socket
Socket Bonus: +3 Stamina
Durability 75 / 75
Classes: Paladin
Requires Level 70
Equip: Increases defense rating by 23 (9.72 @ L70).
Equip: Increases your dodge rating by 30 (1.59% @ L70).
Equip: Increases damage and healing done by magical spells and effects by up to 22.
Equip: Increases the block value of your shield by 32.

When i'm comparing it to the http://www.wowhead.com/?item=32245 Tide-stomper's Greaves,i was shocked by how little upgrade between them.

Considering the Naturalist's Preserving Cinch,i tried to check the warrior's T6 prot shoes

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=34568

Onslaught Boots
Binds when picked up
Feet Plate
1322 Armor
+64 Stamina
Red Socket
Socket Bonus: +3 Stamina
Durability 75 / 75
Classes: Warrior
Requires Level 70
Equip: Increases defense rating by 25 (10.57 @ L70).
Equip: Increases your dodge rating by 30 (1.59% @ L70).
Equip: Increases your parry rating by 25 (1.06% @ L70).
Equip: Increases your expertise rating by 26 (6.6 @ L70).

Regardless of the Stamina part, and according to the item value formula from wowwiki

The budget those stats would pick:

23def < 25 def
30dog=30 dog
22sp<25 parry
32BV<26expert

and still Pal's stomper loses at the stamina part........

Well,can any dev prove me that they're both item lvl 154. Or you're literally making fun of Protdin huh?

What's more, Warr's prot 3set have 49/64/64 Sta, but Pal's have 49/64/58...........

well, that's it- literally and figuratively broken.
FallMonkey

Postby Teckbot » Mon May 05, 2008 5:13 pm

Lucit wrote:

Brokenly awesome, yes.

Going from Tide-Stomper's Greaves to Lightbringer Stompers:

- Armor: Increase of 109 armor
* Relative Reduction%: increase by 1.009%
- Stamina: Loss of 10 Stamina
- Defense Rating: Increase of 4 rating
* Avoidance%: increase of .12% (miss+dodge+parry)
- Dodge Rating: Increase of 1
* Dodge%: increase of 0.0528%
- Spelldamage: Decrease of 8
-> Threat Per Second: decrease of 4TPS
- Block Value: Increase of 44 (34 + 30% increase from Talents)
* Mitigation: Increase of ~0.88% against 5000 damage swing (average Sunwell hit)

The Stamina decrease is the biggest beef I have with the piece, especially since the overall avoidance and mitigation increases are underwhelming. Decreasing our threat output is exactly the opposite of what we need as well...

It's almost like they're the same itemlevel and just swapping stats around.
- Teckbot
<Lunacy> Proudmoore - Alliance
The Teckbot tanks all, usually by accident.
Teckbot

Postby artofray » Mon May 05, 2008 5:19 pm

expensive fight this one is becoming, tried tanking sentinels one night, tried tanking humanoids another night. void spawns were easily tanked by a holy paladin so we've been trying that.

need a lot of dps this encounter lots...

anyone using 4 tanks?
artofray

Postby Elexis » Mon May 05, 2008 5:40 pm

FallMonkey wrote:
Elexis wrote:How can you fail on TPS on the melee humanoids as pally. I really wanna know. You didnt keybind holy shield or what???!!

It's hard to keep high tps to hold aggro confronted with humanoid....especially un-dualwield.

They are dualwielding.... 5 sec left on my holy shield cd and no charges left.

And btw avoidance is back on these mobs. Seeing normal old school 60%+ avoidance even though im wearing block gear. And its not miss ratio on the mobs.
Elexis

Postby FallMonkey » Mon May 05, 2008 5:50 pm

Elexis wrote:
FallMonkey wrote:

They are dualwielding.... 5 sec left on my holy shield cd and no charges left.

And btw avoidance is back on these mobs. Seeing normal old school 60%+ avoidance even though im wearing block gear. And its not miss ratio on the mobs.

Hmm thx for the info.

I can get to 31dog19parry28block13miss with 529BV/800BV(w/ libram from mother), should be enough for the trash ?

Dunno if it's enough for me to keep aggro, while i only have 500sp unbuffed.

Wish you good luck :)
FallMonkey

Postby rozakk » Mon May 05, 2008 7:40 pm

i am at 943 BV - near 1200 most of the time as im using light bringer - and at around 500 spell dmg. My Block rating is around 44% and dodge/parry like 18%. Needless to say ive geared very specifically for this fight.

The berserkers are on me VERY solidly very quickly. In the time it takes raid to take out a mage and get to me, no ones taking berserkers off me. The holy shields get eaten up fast, and i actually get a quite a few sanc procs on em well after my holy shields are used up, not that thats a terrible amt of threat but it goes off a lot more than u'd think.
rozakk

Postby FallMonkey » Mon May 05, 2008 8:08 pm

rozakk wrote:i am at 943 BV - near 1200 most of the time as im using light bringer - and at around 500 spell dmg. My Block rating is around 44% and dodge/parry like 18%. Needless to say ive geared very specifically for this fight.

The berserkers are on me VERY solidly very quickly. In the time it takes raid to take out a mage and get to me, no ones taking berserkers off me. The holy shields get eaten up fast, and i actually get a quite a few sanc procs on em well after my holy shields are used up, not that thats a terrible amt of threat but it goes off a lot more than u'd think.

Hmm,how's the berserker hitting? avg?

Plus, threat you could get from sanc is really insignificant......

PS2:How's your gear setting? (conventional tank set without SR, or with moderate SR, i know you're focusing on BV)

PS3:Maybe i've seen not enough endgame gears, but i still wonder if you could stack to 44% block without using low lv epic......armory plz ><
FallMonkey

Postby rozakk » Mon May 05, 2008 8:29 pm

ya i know, i said in my post sanc's not much threat, but it does go off sometimes 10+ times before my next holy shield cd is up - thatshow fast im getting attacked.

there are a few items which are lower level epics, but for this fight are quite nice -

Faceplate of impenetrable with +10 % bv meta gem
maiden neck
Pauldrons of perseverance off eredar twins
devilshark cape
t6 chest
seekers wristguards
gauntlets of iron maiden / tho last time i was using t6 gloves
gurtogg girdle
unwavering legguards
jungle stompers
tk trash ring
ZA 3rd chest tank ring
autoblocker
commendation of kaelthas
bulwark of azzinoth
tome of the lightbringer
hammer of judgment

-I could actually forego a bit of spell dmg and bv to get
even more block rating but as it is i'm hardly taking any full hits.
rozakk

PreviousNext

Return to Sunwell Plateau