Remove Advertisements

Flames of Azzinoth

Naj'entus, Supremus, Akama, Gorefiend, Gurtogg Bloodboil, RoS, Sharaz, Council, Illidan

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, fiend

Re: current issue with Flame Tanking

Postby Morganim » Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:49 am

Dianora wrote:We have about 3 hours of attempts on Monday, with my internet connecting shot and other issue, we managed to at least kill 1 flame.

My current issue:

I simply cannot see where the edge of the Blaze is. I've maxed out resolution, maxed out everything, and still I cannot see it, therefore, I'm taking way more damage than necessary.

Is there a customized filter I can set in bold letter on whenever I get hit by Blaze in Mik's Scrolling Combat Text so I'll at least know when to back away?

Use scrolling combat tex it will show u taking about a 1000 hit with a lttiel green picture thats blaze

also take a tick or 2 while hes breathing it and then move back, you cant full avoid it anymore
Morganim

Postby sanctifico » Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:27 pm

Hehe, I took an eye beam to the face, bubble + taunt ftw.

3/6 Sunwell Pre-Nerf.
sanctifico

Postby Tekkel » Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:47 am

I've been trying this for the first time tonight. In a whole evening we managed about 3x phase3. Think I ate 4 eye beams in total. It's mostly the first beam that is giving me issues. Somewhere here I read u can actually be far away from the other tank as long as u're in 25 yards from your own blade right?
This would make the first beam much more dodgeable for me if I could just go more outward as he usually does the beam when I dragged it north and want to turn him around after the first blaze.
Tekkel

Postby Worldie » Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:50 am

You sir are indeed correct.
The distance from other tank counts exactly 0.
Only the distance from the sword matters.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Candiru » Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:41 am

But if you get too far away from the other flame, you get charged?
Candiru

Postby Worldie » Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:40 am

Absolutely not. The charge happens if you get too far away from one of the 2 blades. You can safely move for about 15 yd around your sword and not getting charged. The position of the other flame absolutely does not affect charge. Bosskillers says loads of bullshits.

As stated multiple times, think of the 2 warglaives like 2 totems with a 50 yd pulsing aura "Immune to Charge", if you get out of the aura, you get charged.

The enrage of the flame instead happens if one of the flame gets too far from his own warglaive. In fact you can sometimes get charged and not have the flame enraging.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby sanctifico » Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:57 am

Finally someone confirmed it :p - I was sure the range to the other tank/flame meant nothing, just never tested (lol)

I have a feeling that I have to teach our new feral how to tank the flames (he's never even been past Void Reaver in TK, DAMN BADGE LOOT))
so he can take my place / the feral tank spot in raids (<3 standby dkp system)

3/6 Sunwell Pre-Nerf.
sanctifico

Postby Daktarin » Sat May 03, 2008 5:09 pm

Been tanking the flames for 3 resets now (2 of which are successful Illidan kills). My gear consists of the following:

Fire Resistance - capped, I think at 366 with Flask of Chromatic Wonder and Fire Resistance Aura, but definately capped.

Amulet of the Torn-heart
Inferno Tempered Chestguard +15 Resilience
Inferno Tempered Gauntlets +8 Fire Resistance
Inferno Tempered Leggings +40 Stamina / 12 Agility
Inferno Tempered Boots +8 Fire Resistance
Green Ring of Fire Resistance, soon to be upgraded after a Magtheridon kill -.-
Wyrmcultist's Cloak +15 Fire Resistance

Resilience Gear - I like to be uncrittable on a boss that's known to crit, however not as necessary as FR cap

Signet of Eternal Life
Veteran's Lamellar Belt
Veteran's Plate Bracers +12 Defense Rating and Void Crystal gem
Gladiator's Shield Wall +18 Stamina

Rest of the gear is general tank (dodge) gear. While having dodge is helpful, it is better to stack stamina gear.
My trinkets are Regal Protectorate (will be upgraded to Timelapse Shard soon) and Commendation of Kael'thas.

The fight itself is quite straightforward, as long as you keep calm when eye beams are heading your way. Simply kite them back and forth avoiding any blaze patches, and pray that your healers are awake.

Picking up the flames couldn't be easier for a tankadin. If you spam tab when Illidan throws down the warglaive, you can target the flame, and even fire off Exorcism before it starts targetting you. That with consecration underneath it and the flame is yours.

Threat shouldn't be an issue here. If your dps has half a brain, they'll switch to the other flame to let you build up. Focus on your kiting rather than threat generation.

Here's a movie of that phase in action:
Clicky!!
Daktarin

Postby Moraus » Mon May 05, 2008 6:21 am

i skimmed this thread and found no solid value for hp (slap me if i missed it).

anyone got a suggestion on how much unbuffed hp is normal for starting this encounter?
Moraus

Postby Worldie » Mon May 05, 2008 7:36 am

18k+ buffed is fine.

That's around 14-15k unbuffed i think.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Moraus » Mon May 05, 2008 7:54 am

<3 sweet, sitting just under 15k unbuffed :P
Moraus

Postby sanctifico » Mon May 12, 2008 6:38 am

First kill I was at 16k buffed.(lacked imp but had commanding)
Now i hit 19K with commanding 20k with imp :p.

3/6 Sunwell Pre-Nerf.
sanctifico

Postby Averroes » Mon May 12, 2008 6:46 am

Done it 4x with 366 FF and every death involved an eye beam,is there anyway to make your camera go further?

/script SetCVar("cameraDistanceMax",30)

This is the macro I use, any suggestions on knowing to see the beam before hand? I kepts getting stuck in the edge and dieing since if I moved I would either hit the beam or enrage the infernal.
Averroes

Postby Ossuary » Mon May 12, 2008 7:46 am

We always have someone calling out illidans current position so tanks are in full knowledge of where the next beam will start and its direction.
Ossuary

Postby sanctifico » Thu May 15, 2008 3:14 am

Averroes wrote:/script SetCVar("cameraDistanceMax",30)

Max distance is 50yards as default now (since 2.3.2)

Have the MT call the beams i.e. EyeBeam - Sanctifico - Move out/Your safe/move In

3/6 Sunwell Pre-Nerf.
sanctifico

PreviousNext

Return to Black Temple