Remove Advertisements

Mu'ru

Kalecgos, Brutallus, Felmyst, M'uru, Entropius, Kil'jaeden

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Cleanse » Sun May 04, 2008 2:28 pm

Ossuary wrote:I don't really want to reveal much as World second is still on the verge for us but i will say that it isn't a matter of burst + CC

On a side note: BV from a shield alone would be enough the spawns only hit for about 250 after 18k armor.

You can take 0 dmg from their melee too with a normal setup :P

SCT spam = Dodge, block, parry everything... soo funny ;(
Cleanse

Postby rozakk » Sun May 04, 2008 10:30 pm

after hours tonight, i have to take back what i said, void sentinels are definitely for warriors. I dont think our (and sk's prot pally) sole role for this fight would be void spawn tanking however, as i did that rather easily wearing holy gear, as holy spec, with about 270 sr. The melee hits for 300ish are a joke, and with some sr the sbolt volley is trivial. If he's specced prot and in prot gear i'd guess he was on the humans in some form, and possibly also on the void spawns as well
rozakk

Postby Ossuary » Mon May 05, 2008 2:50 am

Wouldn't be on human spawns and add spawns. Unless they were only completely AoE'ing the entire side down the Volleys will RAPE melee.

How many people have made it to Phase 2 to see that good time action.
Ossuary

Postby Requital » Mon May 05, 2008 5:11 am

rozakk wrote:after hours tonight, i have to take back what i said, void sentinels are definitely for warriors. I dont think our (and sk's prot pally) sole role for this fight would be void spawn tanking however, as i did that rather easily wearing holy gear, as holy spec, with about 270 sr. The melee hits for 300ish are a joke, and with some sr the sbolt volley is trivial. If he's specced prot and in prot gear i'd guess he was on the humans in some form, and possibly also on the void spawns as well

Paladins and Druids being on the Humanoids are bad news, Flurry will completely destroy both of them because of how our Holy Shield mechanic works. 2 Berserkers with flurry will cut through Holy Shield very very fast. If that was really SK's raid makeup with 3 tanks I'm still going with the Paladin as the Sentinel tank anything else is to risky.
Requital

Postby Katamai » Mon May 05, 2008 6:03 am

Cleanse wrote:As for his spec etc, most of the top guilds use prot paladins only as a gimmick. A few of the top guilds have some smart ones who contribute here, but for the most part they just put on their gear and spec however they think fit and go at it.

His choice of weapon tells me this is the case... hell, even holy paladins in my guild have HoJ and i don't see why anyone would go for Amani Punisher over HoJ. Afterall, HoJ is not the Tempest <_<

Not knocking the guy/girl but i doubt prot is his/her main spec.
I... was... once... called... Ashbringer...
My... son... watched... me... die...
KILL... THEM... ALL!
Katamai

Postby Requital » Mon May 05, 2008 6:14 am

Katamai wrote:
Cleanse wrote:As for his spec etc, most of the top guilds use prot paladins only as a gimmick. A few of the top guilds have some smart ones who contribute here, but for the most part they just put on their gear and spec however they think fit and go at it.

His choice of weapon tells me this is the case... hell, even holy paladins in my guild have HoJ and i don't see why anyone would go for Amani Punisher over HoJ. Afterall, HoJ is not the Tempest <_<

Not knocking the guy/girl but i doubt prot is his/her main spec.

WTB your Shield, Your guild on M'uru as well?

HoA never drops for us, 4 Total drops but Tempests are all over hoping to get mine next.
Requital

Postby Katamai » Mon May 05, 2008 6:20 am

Requital wrote:WTB your Shield, Your guild on M'uru as well?

Let me put it this way:

RL: If you get conflag, move to conflag spot which is here. Got it?
Raid: Got it!

*Conflag on Player X*

Player X: Lalalalalaa! Tunnel vision nananaa!

*Conflag hits raid for 100000000000 lol dmg*

:evil:

Hopefully if we get over some stupid mistakes we'll see M'uru this week or starting next >.<
Still dying due to conflag is just an example of why we're not there yet :(
I... was... once... called... Ashbringer...
My... son... watched... me... die...
KILL... THEM... ALL!
Katamai

Postby Requital » Mon May 05, 2008 6:44 am

I completely feel you on that, We had our fair share of conflag deaths. Your stats look like you will have a good shot at Sentinel tanking as well. Between no Illidan helm and losing T6 tanking helm to everyone else because prot isn't my main spec now it's coming back to kick my butt. Need Tanking goggles recipie from Sunwell ASAP
Requital

Postby Cleanse » Mon May 05, 2008 7:30 am

Ossuary wrote:Wouldn't be on human spawns and add spawns. Unless they were only completely AoE'ing the entire side down the Volleys will RAPE melee.

How many people have made it to Phase 2 to see that good time action.

We're still in phase 1, pretty much lacking a solid dps group for the south spawns. Hopefully tonight our hunter group can be built so we don't need to put extra people on watch down there. 30% was our best phase 1 and then our Sentinel tank splatted.
Cleanse

Postby Cleanse » Mon May 05, 2008 7:38 am

Requital wrote:
rozakk wrote:after hours tonight, i have to take back what i said, void sentinels are definitely for warriors. I dont think our (and sk's prot pally) sole role for this fight would be void spawn tanking however, as i did that rather easily wearing holy gear, as holy spec, with about 270 sr. The melee hits for 300ish are a joke, and with some sr the sbolt volley is trivial. If he's specced prot and in prot gear i'd guess he was on the humans in some form, and possibly also on the void spawns as well

Paladins and Druids being on the Humanoids are bad news, Flurry will completely destroy both of them because of how our Holy Shield mechanic works. 2 Berserkers with flurry will cut through Holy Shield very very fast. If that was really SK's raid makeup with 3 tanks I'm still going with the Paladin as the Sentinel tank anything else is to risky.

Seems like they have some really amazing healers/DPS. Crazy burst from the Sentinels on the Paladin, he also had to do some awesome threat to have the Sentinel and Spawns down before the next portal opened. That or they healed through the volleys as he trained it through the raid. Still impressive, this fight is a wipe with 1 mess up.
Cleanse

Postby Zeels » Mon May 05, 2008 8:16 am

SK gaming was using a prot pala for M'uru, that gives me some hope :)

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Vek'nilash&n=Fenira

5 points in improved blessing of might, guess it's to boost the melee dps.
By the Power of Grey Skull!

Lvl 80 Spanks you very much Spankadin!

Spank
Zeels

Postby Requital » Mon May 05, 2008 8:29 am

Cleanse wrote:
Requital wrote:

Seems like they have some really amazing healers/DPS. Crazy burst from the Sentinels on the Paladin, he also had to do some awesome threat to have the Sentinel and Spawns down before the next portal opened. That or they healed through the volleys as he trained it through the raid. Still impressive, this fight is a wipe with 1 mess up.

Priority DPS by casters and quality Misdirect rotation on the Paladin, I'm going to assume they kill the Sentinel before he shadow blasts more then one time. The Misdirect along with being in a caster group that most likely has WoA down should give him enough intial threat. Paladins on berserkers are just bad news.
Requital

Postby fiorina » Mon May 05, 2008 10:17 am

Cleanse wrote: he also had to do some awesome threat to have the Sentinel and Spawns down before the next portal opened. That or they healed through the volleys as he trained it through the raid. Still impressive, this fight is a wipe with 1 mess up.

You can hold them without any support. With 600 spelldmg I have, there is no way how they can overaggro me unless you have some resists. On later ones hunters can help with misdirects. I ask holy paladins to throw JoC upon spawn, it will help me to build threat lead.

I like the fight so far, once DPS will learn what's going on, you can tune your execution to pass wave by wave. Very unforgiving tho. Too bad that due to laggy servers we are spending just 1 hour per day on him. I hate Blizzard.
fiorina
Maintankadonor

Postby Requital » Mon May 05, 2008 11:39 am

fiorina wrote:
Cleanse wrote: he also had to do some awesome threat to have the Sentinel and Spawns down before the next portal opened. That or they healed through the volleys as he trained it through the raid. Still impressive, this fight is a wipe with 1 mess up.

You can hold them without any support. With 600 spelldmg I have, there is no way how they can overaggro me unless you have some resists. On later ones hunters can help with misdirects. I ask holy paladins to throw JoC upon spawn, it will help me to build threat lead.

I like the fight so far, once DPS will learn what's going on, you can tune your execution to pass wave by wave. Very unforgiving tho. Too bad that due to laggy servers we are spending just 1 hour per day on him. I hate Blizzard.

Feels like you need 3 Hunters 2 and one bad spawn and you are going to be in trouble.
Requital

Postby FallMonkey » Mon May 05, 2008 12:25 pm

Hey guys,i'm gonna be a trashtank in this fight and get confused on some gear check,could you toss me some words on it?

I've got T6.5 leg(healing set, from kalecgos,didnt exchange it to prot set yet) and 4T6 prot+new badge chest(warrior version, best chest for mitigation imo).At the same time i prepared 4T6 healing for other bosses in SWP as well.Therefore before i get any new T6 set in SWP, i'd better think over it according to the fight requirement.

Here's the problem, we just downed Felmyst and might have the twins down in next week, which is saying that i'd better start preparing gear to M'uru trash.

How's the M'uru trashtank/trashdin gear requirement?

I've checked Gd's from Nil and Ferina from Sk-gaming, one with 200+ SR and one with conventional tank gear but focusing on Sta. What's more someone ITT refered to a SR-Capped tank.

So what kind of gear would be best?

Imo 4T6+badgechest+SR(wrist,waist,feet,back,neck which would get you to 292+) would be a balancing set for it, which could also allow me to have best healing gear (3T6+a new T6 set from SWP+T6.5leg).

Thx for reading :)

PS:Anyone notices that our T6 prot shoes are broken in itemization?
FallMonkey

PreviousNext

Return to Sunwell Plateau