Remove Advertisements

Thank you for all the help!

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Thank you for all the help!

Postby Lord_Paladin » Sun May 04, 2008 2:58 am

So, I went into Kara for the first time today... with a pug, built at the last minute cause the raid we were gonna be in snubbed us.

I hate pretty good gear, but I was really nervous. I had never been in there before, this wasn't a planned raid with lots of coordination, and we had a some party hiccups along the way with people coming and going. But we only wiped 3 times, and that was on some tricky trash pulls. We one shotted every boss up to Curator. ALMOST had curator the first time, but our healers ran low on mana, and I couldn't get LoH off in time to save myself. The second time through it went down flawlessly.

I just wanted to say thank you for all the advice I've gotten here on gear and tanking set up. It's been a huge help! Do we have a sticky in here somewhere that lists the tankadin strategy for each kara boss? That would be kinda nice, since wowhead is pretty generic.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... Tor&n=Dayn

my armory!

also, where do you guys get those slick character banners?
Lord_Paladin

Re: Thank you for all the help!

Postby uke » Mon May 05, 2008 7:31 am

Lord_Paladin wrote:

I hate pretty good gear

Why do you hate good gear? It's all sparkly and such...

(yeah, I know it was a typo, but I found it funny :wink: )
uke

Re: Thank you for all the help!

Postby Lookit » Mon May 05, 2008 10:45 am

Lord_Paladin wrote:also, where do you guys get those slick character banners?

Mine is from http://sigs.guildlaunch.net

Others can be found in the sticky in the General Forum (I think)
Lookit

Postby Lord_Paladin » Mon May 05, 2008 7:08 pm

>.< Haha, what a typo! I do hate pretty good gear! I had to grind my arse off to get it! :P

It was a good feeling to finally have all that hard work pay off though. It was a bit frustrating to have this great gear, but not be able to use it cause I was over geared for most stuff :P
Lord_Paladin

Postby Cosmoz » Tue May 06, 2008 2:31 pm

I yet have to run a KARA where someone doesent pull curator while still fighting the damn elemental fishes :P even tho, i havent died/wipen on curator yet :)
Cosmoz

Postby Kelaan » Tue May 06, 2008 2:54 pm

Cosmoz wrote:I yet have to run a KARA where someone doesent pull curator while still fighting the damn elemental fishes :P even tho, i havent died/wipen on curator yet :)

This is why veterans pull to the room before him. ;) With avenger's shield it's even easier than it used to be on my hunter -- shield toss, drop a consecrate in the hallway, LOS them. <3.
Kelaan

Postby Lord_Paladin » Wed May 07, 2008 12:52 am

Haha, my problem was I went to go pull and the hunters wouldn't stay with the rest of the group. So I can running back with the pull, but they didn't, and then Curator came from behind >.<

Thankfully it wasn't a bad wipe because of SS and 2 shaman.

Still, first time through and we one shot all the bosses up to Curator. We eventually made it all the way to Prince, because because of some poor judgement from one of our party members we had to call it a night before we could give Prince a second go.

Still, I was very happy to see I could tank prince without really much difficulty.
Lord_Paladin

Return to Karazhan