Remove Advertisements

Mu'ru

Kalecgos, Brutallus, Felmyst, M'uru, Entropius, Kil'jaeden

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Requital » Sun May 04, 2008 7:00 am

Mithos wrote:I can only imagine he is buffing some kind of group with imp conc aura, and also Imp BoM for buffs too. Depends, don't know how much experience he has or anything. Not knocking him/her though, it clearly worked very well :P.

His build is cleary designed for this fight.

There is a lot of push back for casters, So from my experience of this fight I'm going to say his role was.

Sentinel Tank + Voids

ICA for his group, His group was likely a SPriest, Shaman, Paladin and 2 Locks or 2 Mages. I would say Locks because one could have an Imp down buffing his HP.

He has no AS or Precision it tells me he was tanking something that he picked up next to it not a ranged run in. This eliminates Berserkers, At the same time he bought the badge ring and cloak both high armor values. He has a full Reck build which is also somewhat uncommon in high end content tanking.

Cleanse wrote:I am assuming they only used 3 tanks total, giving them 1 extra dps slot.

2 Warriors, one of each side picking up the elves and the Prot Paladin full time Sentinel+Spawns.

-

As for his spec etc, most of the top guilds use prot paladins only as a gimmick. A few of the top guilds have some smart ones who contribute here, but for the most part they just put on their gear and spec however they think fit and go at it.

Sense I'm usually Ret and have plenty capable tanking gear I will most likely take this role today.
Requital

Postby Projectx » Sun May 04, 2008 9:18 am

Improved Conc. Aura was probably utilized to buff the healer in his group that was healing him since there is constant push back. My guess is that his healer was a priest probably for the inspiration buff.

There is a possibility that they used 3 tanks, but there might also be a possibility that they tossed in feral druids to the mix. They are really good for this fight since they can push out a ton of TPS to single target mobs.
Projectx

Postby Daeren » Sun May 04, 2008 9:25 am

They didn't use any druids at all.
Daeren

Postby Ossuary » Sun May 04, 2008 9:50 am

Phase 2, 38%
Ossuary

Postby Projectx » Sun May 04, 2008 10:00 am

What do you tank Ossuary?
Projectx

Postby Requital » Sun May 04, 2008 10:02 am

Ossuary wrote:Phase 2, 38%

CC Method or Burst method?
Requital

Postby Cleanse » Sun May 04, 2008 10:04 am

Requital wrote:

There is no burst method.
Cleanse

Postby Requital » Sun May 04, 2008 10:26 am

Cleanse wrote:
Requital wrote:

There is no burst method.

There is always more then 1 way to skin a cat. Just because the method wasn't what Blizzard had in mind doesn't mean it's not viable. That has been proven over the years.

But I tend to agree with you on bursting it not being viable but some believe it is.
Requital

Postby Ossuary » Sun May 04, 2008 10:53 am

Requital wrote:

Neither, I personally tank Void spawns
Ossuary

Postby Requital » Sun May 04, 2008 10:55 am

Ossuary wrote:
Requital wrote:

Neither, I personally tank Void spawns

Same thing I have been doing, I need your shield but our Warriors are dad set on taking it first. Pretty sure it's more useful for a Paladin but I won't argue it.

Have you tried to tank a Sentinel?
Requital

Postby Ossuary » Sun May 04, 2008 11:00 am

yeah i have, but we found a warrior was -much- more effective at tanking it and mitigating its damage. Tclap + demo makes The sentinel hit for roughly 6k and bieng able to spell reflect the void blast makes threat and killing him that much easier. I just get the job of corraling the little guys.

*Edit: I wear 155 SR to deal with the shadow volley as the little guy's damage is negligible.

P.S. with lust we take M'uru to 60% before first sentinel and 67% without lust at start. How is your guys DPS?

P.P.S. I got the first shield because i asked for it ^_^
Ossuary

Postby Requital » Sun May 04, 2008 11:22 am

Ossuary wrote:yeah i have, but we found a warrior was -much- more effective at tanking it and mitigating its damage. Tclap + demo makes The sentinel hit for roughly 6k and bieng able to spell reflect the void blast makes threat and killing him that much easier. I just get the job of corraling the little guys.

*Edit: I wear 155 SR to deal with the shadow volley as the little guy's damage is negligible.

P.S. with lust we take M'uru to 60% before first sentinel and 67% without lust at start. How is your guys DPS?

P.P.S. I got the first shield because i asked for it ^_^

When I was tanking them I wore max block value + capped SR. Obviously I couldn't tank anything else but the voids did very little damage to me.

We haven't really done both BL burst+CC with me in the raid. I am usually Ret so I got the spot as Prot as our regular Holy/Prot Paladin was out for the day. I'm most likely be watching from the side lines today as the value of Ret is minimal in this fight and as long as our Prot Paladin is there he will get the spot. I think we are going to go with 3 Warriors today instead of Druid/Warrior/Warrior just to help with the containment issues.
Requital

Postby Ossuary » Sun May 04, 2008 11:41 am

I don't really want to reveal much as World second is still on the verge for us but i will say that it isn't a matter of burst + CC

On a side note: BV from a shield alone would be enough the spawns only hit for about 250 after 18k armor.
Ossuary

Postby Requital » Sun May 04, 2008 11:46 am

Ya I just found I resisted a ton of the Shadow Damage in full SR.

So far it seems like a pretty well designed fight. More creative then most and it's just taking some attempts and calculations to determine the exact method. GL the kill.
Requital

Postby Ossuary » Sun May 04, 2008 11:50 am

Ah Thank you, but on a side note the only shadow damage i found that is resistable is the Shadow Spawn Shadow bolt volleys and the Shadow Fiends "lol your raid wipes" attack
Ossuary

PreviousNext

Return to Sunwell Plateau