BWL

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

BWL

Postby Nich » Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:51 pm

As a bit of fun, some friends and guildies and I are looking to do a BWL run.

Is there much I have to pay note to, now that we're 70, and we'll likely have a prot warrior, feral druid, and prot pally available to tank?

I guess my biggest concerns are based around lack of FR gear for our level (I think I still have most of mine from back in the day, but it's pretty low stam, and I never figured out if we need FR relative to the boss and the expected level of people who ran it, or relative to our level now) for Vael and one of the drakes, and how it works trying to tank the drakonids who are vulnerable to specific elemental schools (from memory, there was no holy vulnerability, so I don't know if it's even possible for me to tank one).

We do have a heap of ony scales lying around, for any characters/people who're new to wow, post-expansion.

Cheers for any pointers and suggestions that may help :)
Nich

Postby jere » Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:27 pm

For most of the encounters, your massive HP pools will be enough to not have to deal with the fire damage. Their levels may be 73 but their damage is still 63.

The only hangup might be nefarion, I don't remember if his shadow flame did a specific value of damage or a percentage...if it did a percentage, then you might have some trouble surviving there.
jere

Postby Lore » Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:19 pm

If you have the whole raid stand in the corner behind his throne, he doesn't hit you with the shadow flame. Just kill all the dragonkin/skellies there.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Phaex » Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:59 pm

Like stated above, don't worry about anything. You can rush through there with one hand in your pants if you want to.
Try funny stuff like multiple group pulls or flamegor&ebonroc in one pull. Just to make sure your mates don't fall asleep.

Do the throne hiding thing, nefs landing shadowflame does instagib, unlike the regular ones which just do some decent damage.
Phaex

Postby Atreidies » Sat Jul 28, 2007 1:44 am

A few of us have been doing Razorgore weekly for the cash and fun as a 5 man, although our strat specifically requires a pally tank to kite all 42, yes 42, adds around the room.

http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/774/ ... re2oi8.jpg

Also, you'll need a good number of dps for Vael, the tanks can survive BA with a large enough HP pool, but if your dps gets killed in rapid succession you won't kill him, took us 10 to do it.

Broodlord is a real bitch if you don't bring rogues, the hatchers really don't do much damage if you slap a shield on, but get them on a fury warrior and they'll go down pretty fast. On the other hand, grabbing all the whelps via consecrate is just ez-mode. At Broodlord himself the less melee, and more healing you have the better and it's a VERY good idea for caster dps to run in and eat a few blast waves to help their threat some, and keep in mind that he can still MS a plate tank for up to 8k, so whoever has him realistically should put on a shield.

Firemaw is VERY easy if your tank is wearing FR. I tanked him with ~140 FR and had to bubble during my OT taunting a Wing Buffet off me to clear my 42 debuffs I had accumulated, but I still died at 13% with 53 debuffs and a full shadowflame on me =\

Ebonroc is just a joke, easier with more tanks, just setup a taunt rotation and collet epix.

Flamegor is easy as well, but slightly harder on your healers. We did him fine without a tranq. shot but we had 4 healers at that point for me, my offtank and our 4 dps.

Chrommagus is still a pain, just a general mana sink so I would advise at least 10 here. I would not recommend a pally tank for him because he is resistant to Holy damage, your best contribution will be as a healer/dispeller.

Nef is just a joke, phase 1 adds hit me for about 40-100 depending on whether they were colored or chromatic. At phase 2 I snagged him as he landed just fine, he melee'd me for 1400-1600, and everything was just peachy until the 20% zerg where I popped my Figurine of the Collossus and somehow got aggro on all the skellies and tanked those with Nef himself =P

http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/2066 ... llyyy0.jpg
[url=http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Turalyon&n=Bricksauce]Image
Image[/url]
Atreidies

Postby Nich » Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:20 am

That's awesome, Atreidies - I'd love to know more about how you do the different fights/section :>
Nich

Postby Atreidies » Sat Jul 28, 2007 11:46 am

Well since you asked I'll go into a little more detail.

Obviously there's no trash, discounting goblins, until after Vael is dead and we used the same strat at 60 for Vael as for 70 except for a pally tank :) I had Consecrate and Holy Shield already active before he was attackable so that when he broke I could instantly judge Righteouness on him and I went ahead and threw Avenger's Shield to be safe and after that I just got healed through the BA and melee backed out when I was about to blow up.

The big talon pulls before the suppression rooms are a pain only because they have so much HP and you can skip the one to the left. You said you have 3 tanks and that's about perfect, just have each tank grab 2 mobs and work them down just make sure you have a few healers for that pull.

The suppression room itself is very easy with a paladin tanking, I led off with Avenger's Shield to snag the 3 orc pack and started walking through spamming consecrate to pick up the whelps. I would advise against mages/locks AE'ing at any point until you reach the stairs as the whelps really pile up and they're just wasting mana when you're undermanning this part. The hatchers don't do much damage, but if you get 2-3 of them in the same area eventually your tank and melee are going to be taking alot of fire damage, so just have all dps focus on those while you walk through. Rinse and repeat that to Broodlord and you're golden.

Broodlord was a little tougher than I had expected, he doesn't melee very hard, only about 2k on me, but his MS can still hit for 6-8k and the less people you have to take him down, the more threat problems you're going to have because of the nature of the fight. The melee will continually have their threat reduced by each blast wave, so the more the merrier on this fight, it's a heartbreaker wiping at 10% because despite everything the tanks have they can't get aggro off the dps and healers :(

The technician trash is pretty laughable, just have mages/locks AE them down while a pally with RF up runs around them in circles with Consecrate spam, nothing else particular to say about the warlocks/drakes because nothing hits hard anymore but it's still annoying if the warlocks get off their doomguard summons so kill them first ^^

Firemaw I pretty well said everything worthwhile earlier, but as you said you're worried about your FR, and for that, I would say have a pally tank him so that he can bubble during a Wing Buffet taunt to clear the debuffs, or just have the 3 tanks in a rotation, have tank 1 on Firemaw, tank 2 taunting Wing Buffet, keep in mind the Wing Buffet tank can run out of LoS to clear debuffs inbetween taunts, and have tank 3 run in and taunt off tank 1 so he can sit out of LoS to clear debuffs, rinse/repeat.

Ebonroc needs no explanation, as long as the raid doesn't get Shadowflamed w/o Ony cloaks on he's golden, setup a taunt rotation to keep him from healing and he's free epics.

Flamegor requires a little more healing wise if he's not tranq'ed, but if he is, nothing special.

Let's see, the 3 drake talon pulls are annoying still, like Chrommagus these guys take a VERY low percentage of the Holy damage you're actually putting out, so while your paladin tank might be able to snage one of the 3 on the pull, another tank should grab it before it's dps'ed down.

Chrommagus you take it just like at 60, LoS is still important here, decursing/dispelling/cleansing is still VERY important if you don't want a raid full of Drake Talons beating on you. Honestly we didn't do any gimmicks or anything special, he took us about 10 minutes with 12 people so bring some mana pots, it's alot of dispelling.

Nef isn't really anything special, just have everything stand in one location to round up the p1 adds for AoE, and when he lands it doesn't matter who picks him up, but keep in mind that he fears ;) Same rules apply at 60 for class calls, so hunters will want to unequip bows or bring a spare one to swap, priests want to watch their healing and mages will want to get away from the MT when theirs comes up. The 20% construct zerg is basically a joke, so no worries there either if you have some AoE, unfortuneately we had a mage call as the 20% zerg came so our mages had been hiding out right by the spawn point of the Constructs so they were out of range and well... You get it.

Anyways, that's all I can think of to fill a lengthy post about BWL at 70 with, have fun.
[url=http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Turalyon&n=Bricksauce]Image
Image[/url]
Atreidies

Postby Nich » Sat Jul 28, 2007 7:17 pm

When my friends and I are now bored, I guess we can do more than just farm Ony for cash, cheers :>

Do you take dorf priests for the fears on Nef, rely on totems, or you all run in and eat it?
Nich

Postby Atreidies » Sat Jul 28, 2007 7:36 pm

We've only done it twice, first time I had a dorf, 2nd I didn't. Doesn't really matter at 70, like I said he melees for almost nothing, even if someone resists the fear and a clothy tanks him for a few seconds it's not a 1-shot by any means for them. Just make sure people aren't max-ranging the fear, which means mages might have to just stay in during their class call just be quick on dispels, and you'll be fine.
Image[/url]
Atreidies

Return to General Strats