Black Temple Trash mob, Wrathbone Flayer

Naj'entus, Supremus, Akama, Gorefiend, Gurtogg Bloodboil, RoS, Sharaz, Council, Illidan

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, fiend

Black Temple Trash mob, Wrathbone Flayer

Postby Dianora » Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:14 pm

I've been having a bit of problem with this mob, which is located on the way to Gorefiend. This is the giant skeleton that uses a very large 2 handed sword.

For some reason, this mob just plain acted weird. For our pull, I run up with the pull group, excorcism him, and started my usual round of aggro move. 3 seconds into pulling him to the side of the room, he usually just decided to wondered off and wack someone else. I checked, no one else is even remotely closed to me on aggro on this mob, but he just decided to ignore me somewhat randomly. I usually have to burn a RD to get his attention back to me.

Has anyone have this happening to them?
ImageImageImage
Dianora

Postby Steve » Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:29 pm

Periodic threat wipe. Save your burst threat moves (like exorcism) for when he deaggros you.
Steve

Postby Dorvan » Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:17 pm

My best advice for tanking this mob is to stand next to afk ranged DPS. I consider these guys a situational awareness check on the rest of the raid :P

As for actual helpful information, the flayer uses the following spell:

http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=39544

Ignores an enemy, forcing the caster to not attack it unless there is no other target nearby. When the effect wears off, the creature will attack the most threatening target.

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Lucius » Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:26 pm

We just put 2 tanks on it.

For the rest of the mobs, 2 are sheeped and a warrior tanks 2 casters.
Lucius

Postby Morganim » Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:42 pm

Dorvan wrote:My best advice for tanking this mob is to stand next to afk ranged DPS. I consider these guys a situational awareness check on the rest of the raid :P

As for actual helpful information, the flayer uses the following spell:

http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=39544

Ignores an enemy, forcing the caster to not attack it unless there is no other target nearby. When the effect wears off, the creature will attack the most threatening target.

Dorvan your doing it all wrong

Your supposed to kite it back and forth and see who runs away and who dies. its posssibly the only fun on BT trash left.

Actually seeing council robots 1 shot people is sitll funny :P
Morganim

Postby Worldie » Thu May 01, 2008 5:18 am

Just for info, the "ignored" debuff is crap, he "ignores you" but each time consecration ticks he gets back to you so...
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Dorvan » Thu May 01, 2008 12:33 pm

Worldie wrote:Just for info, the "ignored" debuff is crap, he "ignores you" but each time consecration ticks he gets back to you so...

that would explain why I've never noticed his ignore doing anything :P

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Warrender » Thu May 01, 2008 12:36 pm

Yeah, you just need to get his attention again after you get the Ignore debuff and he comes right back to you. Anything will do: consecration tick, autoattack, judgement, exorcism, etc.
Warrender
Maintankadonor

Postby Cakes » Thu May 01, 2008 1:02 pm

Morganim wrote:
Actually seeing council robots 1 shot people is sitll funny :P

Okay, he's definitely going to L5 this pers... OH SHIT LAST SECOND TARGET CHANGE. Good times.
Cakes

Postby Mithos » Fri May 02, 2008 8:12 am

Never even realised the ignore thing heh >.>
Mithos

Postby Splug » Fri May 02, 2008 9:42 am

The Wrathbone Flayers have a debuff called "Ignored." When it is applied to you, it suspends you from the threat list (similar to being gouged), and all threat you generate in that time is reduced to zero. However, if you hit him, you will reinstate your previous threat; you just can't gain anything past that point until Ignored fades.

Therefore, you want to build burst threat while Ignored is down (~3-4 seconds), and then just do minor actions to regain his attention right after he casts Ignored (another 4 seconds). It's roughly a 7-8 second cycle between the debuff being up and down; just have to be ready to hit him for 10 or so right after he does the shout animation (casting Ignored), and otherwise crank up instant threat while you don't have the debuff.

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
Splug
Maintankadonor

Return to Black Temple