Mu'ru

Kalecgos, Brutallus, Felmyst, M'uru, Entropius, Kil'jaeden

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Mu'ru

Postby artofray » Thu May 01, 2008 3:48 pm

got to splash around with Mu'ru last night and still haven't really figured out a good role as a prot paladin.

Paladins are very viable here indeed, I tried both tanking one wave of adds from the north or south as well as tanking the void sentinels.

Haven't gotten past phase 1 yet so can't tell you guys too much about the fight but here are some things I can share.

Void sentinels hit extremely hard, their melee hits between 8-11k and the aoe shadow nova hits for 4-8k shadow. When they die they spawn 8 smaller voids who do about 1-1.2k damage from it looked like a shadow volley. Shadow resist gear is not the key here imo the sentinels hit way too hard. The timers right now don't seem to work for after the first sentinel but there will be a black portal that pops up somewhere on the outside and you have maybe 3-4 seconds before the sentinel pops out.

Sentinel itself was not tauntable but the little spawns that come after it dies are.

The humanoid adds are definently aoe tank-able by a paladin as well, the zerker's were hitting me for about 3-5k so tanking two of them + the caster was not really an issue. I didn't get a chance to try tanking both sides of berserkers but maybe we will give that a shot tonight.

I'll add more to the thread after hopefully getting past phase 1 succesfully tonight.
artofray

Postby Projectx » Fri May 02, 2008 4:09 am

I play the role of protection paladin in this fight. I have tried tanking the sides+tanking sentinels+tanking adds.

Adds: Would be better if warrior/druids tank these because of the CC going out and us not being able to consecrate. They also have better TPS initially+sunder armor for melee DPS.

Sentinels: Warriors are the best tanks for these. More reduced spell dmg and other goodies.

Adds: This is what I am currently doing, gathering and tanking the spawns.
Projectx

Postby Agarious » Fri May 02, 2008 4:27 am

At this point in time, we are employing 3 tanks, myself being the individual that is looking after the Void Sentinals. As is stands, we are not having much of a issue tanking them moreso dealing with raid dmg about the 3rd Sentinel into the fight (2 min 15 seconds). The adds that spawn after the Void Sentinel death are easy to pick up for us, especially with Conc, and MD's from hunters expidite the the other add(Void Sentinel number 2 or 3) to you if it spawns on the other side of the room.

Our ability to front load a good amount of threat onto these because of them being deamon enables the ranged dps to open up quite soon (almost instantly after popping Exor/postitioning and a Ironshield pot up). We're experimenting with this and trying to figure out how to best work through the add situation(humanoids mainly) and maintain possitive control with dps on M'uru.

In my experience thus far finding the balance in that I think will be the niche in this fight, for those that have experience it on test and live now, it's hecktic as hell.
Agarious

Postby Tisiphone » Fri May 02, 2008 6:12 am

Agarious wrote:Our ability to front load a good amount of threat onto these because of them being deamon enables the ranged dps to open up quite soon (almost instantly after popping Exor/postitioning and a Ironshield pot up).

Why use Ironshields if their attacks are elemental Shadow damage?
Like they say, bind all buttons to FoL and just roll your head over the keyboard.
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... =Tisiphone
Tisiphone

Postby Eeva » Fri May 02, 2008 9:25 am

Tisiphone wrote:
Agarious wrote:Our ability to front load a good amount of threat onto these because of them being deamon enables the ranged dps to open up quite soon (almost instantly after popping Exor/postitioning and a Ironshield pot up).

Why use Ironshields if their attacks are elemental Shadow damage?

they have 2 attacks... one physical and one shadow.

The physical is the 6-10k(that was the range I noticed last night. Edit- forgot about Ardent Defender. So, ya, ~9k hit on average.) and there is a Shadow Bolt type attack(I think is reflectable using a warrior) for 7-9k(iirc).
Eeva

Postby Eender » Fri May 02, 2008 2:02 pm

Void Sentinels are physical damage with Void Blast being their cast single target DD nuke (damage range listed above). It is spell reflectible which makes Warriors tanking these preferential. They also do a shadow nova pulse for 3-4k every 3-5 seconds as well.

The Void Spawns that spawn when the Sentinel dies all have a shadow nova AE which hits for 1.5-2k each with about a 5-6 second cooldown. This is the only thing that I have found SR to be useful for. Everything else does not seem to be resistible.

The humanoids have 2 melee (Berserkers) and 1 caster (Fury Mage). The melee dual wield with the MH hitting for aprox. 4k. Casters fireball for aprox 5k. They are on a 1 min timer per wave.

This concludes the summary of adds during M'uru.

Samsonite! Man, I was way off...
Eender

Postby Cleanse » Sat May 03, 2008 12:39 am

- Sentinels kill themselves, but they do hurt as you need someone tanking them. Having a Warrior tank them with spell reflect seems the intended method.
- The Shadowsword Berserkers and Shadowsword Fury Mages need a ton of immediate dps done to them, so threat needs to be high from the get go. They aren't Undead or Demons, so Feral Druids or Warriors are probably better tanking these.
- Which leaves Paladins to tank Void Spawns.
Cleanse

Postby Elexis » Sat May 03, 2008 4:37 am

There is an obvious advantage in having a protection paladin tanking the void sentinels in that you already got the void spawn tank there and you might free up a dps spot.

The voidblast rarely leads to a burst of damage since it got casttime and the sentinel tend to not melee right away after casting it. During one night of attempts it only happened once that I got bursted down (melee hit, voidblast, melee hit for 25k within 2.2 sec with no heals). Guess I would have survived if I had made sure curse of weakness was up.

Anyway for the void spawns, you can probably handle those as holy in SR gear. They melee me for less than 200 which would make it like 500 crit max on a holy pally.

I've also tanked the 4 shadowsword berserkers and threat seem fine on them. They dualwield and reckoning is up alot even with only 1 point in it.
Elexis

Postby Requital » Sat May 03, 2008 5:03 am

I see a lot of guilds trying Blow M'uru up methods and some playing the nice and safe CC game. Both seem to be pointing to failure at this point.

So far I have been the Void tank when the Sentinel blows up I grab the voids and drag them as far from the raid as I can. The fight seems fun more of a challenge then the normal spank and tank. Generally for raids I'm Ret so playing the prot role is a welcomed change as well.

What is the best % your guild has gotten M'uru to?
Requital

Postby Passionario » Sat May 03, 2008 3:40 pm

Requital wrote:What is the best % your guild has gotten M'uru to?

Phase 1, 46%.
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Postby rozakk » Sat May 03, 2008 11:08 pm

pally on the void sent is probably best. while the void blast is nicer with a warr, and the void spawns can be handled really by a holy paladin in holy gear with a few sr pieces on, it seems like a prot paladin would be able to take on both roles nicely, cutting the need for a 2nd person jumping in.

The other option i see is tanking berserkers then jumping in for void spawns when a sent dies, if thats sometihng that can be consistently timed, but I dont think the sents and zerker adds will align properly as the fight progresses to allow this, even if your guild can instagib the voidspawns from the sent.

Our threat on zerkers would be great, with their fast but relatively lower dmg hits, they'll use all our holy shield charges, when they flurry our AS will kick in boosting our survivability over other tanks a lot, and with 3/5 reckoning it is up just about all the time.
rozakk

Postby Daeren » Sun May 04, 2008 4:43 am

SK used a prot pally on their first kill!

Gogo tankadins!
Daeren

Postby Requital » Sun May 04, 2008 5:35 am

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-talen ... h&n=Fenira

That is the Prot Paladins build that helped kill M'uru, Seems like an odd build for that fight I can only imagine what his job was but I'm going to assume he tanked the Sentinels and just ate the blasts?

I don't know the build is very strange to say the least, Not sure why you take 5 in Reck if you are multi tanking and then 2 in ICA.

I generally go with a 0/49/12 like I have since we don't actually run many melee the imp might isn't always the best use.
Requital

Postby Mithos » Sun May 04, 2008 6:25 am

I can only imagine he is buffing some kind of group with imp conc aura, and also Imp BoM for buffs too. Depends, don't know how much experience he has or anything. Not knocking him/her though, it clearly worked very well :P.
Mithos

Postby Cleanse » Sun May 04, 2008 6:54 am

I am assuming they only used 3 tanks total, giving them 1 extra dps slot.

2 Warriors, one of each side picking up the elves and the Prot Paladin full time Sentinel+Spawns.

-

As for his spec etc, most of the top guilds use prot paladins only as a gimmick. A few of the top guilds have some smart ones who contribute here, but for the most part they just put on their gear and spec however they think fit and go at it.
Cleanse

Next

Return to Sunwell Plateau