Why Is It...

Looking for Paladin? Looking for guild? Post here.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, honorshammer

Why Is It...

Postby Eneroth » Thu May 01, 2008 12:48 pm

Why is it that only PvP guilds are looking to pick up tankadin.

And my 2nd statement is why can't a PvE person go to a PvP server... Allot of hard working paladins on this site could get into guilds if not for that matter.
Eneroth

Re: Why Is It...

Postby Morpheren » Thu May 01, 2008 1:00 pm

Eneroth wrote:Why is it that only PvP guilds are looking to pick up tankadin.

And my 2nd statement is why can't a PvE person go to a PvP server... Allot of hard working paladins on this site could get into guilds if not for that matter.

You can't xfer PvE -> PvP because leveling on a PvE server is easy. In order to have the "joy" of ganking lowbies, you have to be ganked to start. You can't level in a safe haven, then xfer and pwn noobs.

Also, my thread touches on something similar to this, but I would go to say that in general, more mature players play on a PvP realm (as the kiddies can't take the beating) and maturity often brings open-mindedness and willingness to try different ideas.
whatisboom.com - Two parts rocket fuel, one part genius.
Chef Koriel, Guild Master of Fury Untold on Sen'jin
Morpheren

Postby maccalus » Thu May 01, 2008 1:07 pm

Well I know that on my server a tankadin is a mythical creature, never seen. At least thats how it feels. My guild has been looking for one for months now and have had little to no luck. Even some of the guilds above us have problems finding them. This may be due to the tankadin's complete lack of ability to pvp, but that can't be everything because a warrior's pvp ability isn't any better.
maccalus

Postby Solessa » Thu May 01, 2008 1:12 pm

I r a prot pally

I r pvp

I r pwning nubs

But seriously, I don't know about the maturity level on a PvP server. I seem to remember alot of 70s running around ganking me at level 20. Real Mature.

Still when you can bubble hearth a 70 attacking you a spit on them...its kinda funny.
Pally Tanking...all the work, half the respect, twice the insults.
Solessa

Postby Morpheren » Thu May 01, 2008 1:13 pm

maccalus wrote:Well I know that on my server a tankadin is a mythical creature, never seen. At least thats how it feels. My guild has been looking for one for months now and have had little to no luck. Even some of the guilds above us have problems finding them. This may be due to the tankadin's complete lack of ability to pvp, but that can't be everything because a warrior's pvp ability isn't any better.

You'll never get ganked by a rogue, warlock or boomkin would be bad though...lol
Morpheren

Postby Aedolfmawini » Thu May 01, 2008 1:24 pm

Morpheren wrote: I would go to say that in general, more mature players play on a PvP realm (as the kiddies can't take the beating) and maturity often brings open-mindedness and willingness to try different ideas.

That's an interesting theory. My first server was PvP. I really enjoyed it for the first 30 levels. And then I left Duskwood. WOW.
I was ganked relentlessly for the entire next level. Level 60 Horde would ride up out of nowhere, one shot me, and ride on. Over and over. Every 10th one would camp me for 30 minutes. It's almost like they were ONLY THERE to kill level 30s, and they had no other reason to be in the zone. Almost. :roll: I seriously spent WAY more time dead than alive. So, I have a level 31 mage that will never be level 32.

Does that make me a 'kiddie', or does that make me a sensible adult that sees no point in paying $15 a month to have 14 year olds flex their e-peen on me and make an otherwise enjoyable experience completely frustrating and painful? I personally feel that my friend (who plays on pvp servers ONLY) was telling the truth when he told me that the vast majority of people on pvp servers are either the kind of people that love to hang around in lowbie areas and kill the defenseless or the kind of people who think they're MUCH better than 'care bears' because they levelled while putting up with the massive amounts of unenjoyable crap that is being a lowbie on a pvp server. He also said that's why he enjoys playing... to flex e-peen on them.

Yeah, we all have our opinions.
Aedolfmawini

Postby Solessa » Thu May 01, 2008 1:36 pm

Aedolfmawini wrote:
Morpheren wrote: I would go to say that in general, more mature players play on a PvP realm (as the kiddies can't take the beating) and maturity often brings open-mindedness and willingness to try different ideas.

That's an interesting theory. My first server was PvP. I really enjoyed it for the first 30 levels. And then I left Duskwood. WOW.
I was ganked relentlessly for the entire next level. Level 60 Horde would ride up out of nowhere, one shot me, and ride on. Over and over. Every 10th one would camp me for 30 minutes. It's almost like they were ONLY THERE to kill level 30s, and they had no other reason to be in the zone. Almost. :roll: I seriously spent WAY more time dead than alive. So, I have a level 31 mage that will never be level 32.

Does that make me a 'kiddie', or does that make me a sensible adult that sees no point in paying $15 a month to have 14 year olds flex their e-peen on me and make an otherwise enjoyable experience completely frustrating and painful? I personally feel that my friend (who plays on pvp servers ONLY) was telling the truth when he told me that the vast majority of people on pvp servers are either the kind of people that love to hang around in lowbie areas and kill the defenseless or the kind of people who think they're MUCH better than 'care bears' because they levelled while putting up with the massive amounts of unenjoyable crap that is being a lowbie on a pvp server. He also said that's why he enjoys playing... to flex e-peen on them.

Yeah, we all have our opinions.

Only reason I leveled on a PVP server is that my friends already had toons on it. Otherwise, hell no.

PvP servers are where 12 kids with downs play. Think im bluffing?, you havent heard the vent of my pick-up gruul raids where a rogue (yes imagine that a 12 year old playing a rogue) nearly blew my ear drums out when DST dropped. I quickly looted it to the guildie in my raid who the whole run was for and was proceed with hate spam from said 12 year old.
Pally Tanking...all the work, half the respect, twice the insults.
Solessa

Postby Tzuma » Thu May 01, 2008 1:49 pm

I thought it was pretty obvious...people are looking for a purely PvE spec in a purely PvP environment. If my theory is correct, youd likely see an influx of good ret pallies on a PvP server than on a PvE.

My PvP server toon was a horde hunter pre-tbc...so I have no experience with pvp server pally population.
Tzuma

Postby Eanin » Thu May 01, 2008 2:23 pm

Tanks in general are rare on pvp servers, because being a tank on a pvp server kind of sucks. Basically, we're easy pickings for anyone who wants to kill us. I killed a hunter on Tuesday, and it was the highlight of my month :).

In general, that's the issue. Most prot pallies I know are respecs that got bored of healing or on rppvp servers, where they like the idea of being a paladin tank for rp reasons. That's why we're so rare.
Eanin

Postby moduspwnens » Thu May 01, 2008 2:25 pm

Well, this doesn't belong in the recruitment forum.

I'm a prot paladin on a PvP server. I rolled there because my friends told me to. It's not because I understood what World PvP supposedly meant (unexpected combat from other players), or what it actually is (ganking of alts and people doing dailies). In a game that requires some specializations that completely fail in PvP (protection), it seems silly to me to force some players to engage in PvP.

I think the way the PvE servers work, in that you can toggle yourself on for PvP, is probably the way to go. However, the fact is, from a PvP server I can transfer to any server type, so I may as well stay on one.

Also,

Morpheren wrote:I would go to say that in general, more mature players play on a PvP realm (as the kiddies can't take the beating) and maturity often brings open-mindedness and willingness to try different ideas.

I would think it would be more "mature" to allow people who want to PvP to toggle it on or off. Don't you?
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Morpheren » Thu May 01, 2008 4:00 pm

Morpheren wrote:I would go to say that in general, more mature players play on a PvP realm (as the kiddies can't take the beating) and maturity often brings open-mindedness and willingness to try different ideas.

I wasn't stating this as fact, It was intended as a posibility. I roll Care Bear fool. :P lol
Morpheren

Postby Failed-Stormscale » Thu May 01, 2008 4:31 pm

lol what you noobs talkin' bout~ PVP tanking is great, with the scaresity of tanks i can go almost anywhere not to mention in arena i slap on holy gear and heal my warlock partner as much as i can before i go oom and usually we win, the only way we lose is if its two dps, and usually two dps = atleast 1 rogue, so i tell my warlock to kill them as much as he can before he gets zerged to death and then its me vs a rogue...

PROT PALADIN VS ROGUE? rofl-stomped his ass.

i can even recall one time where i took on two rogues.

if you don't like battlegrounds as prot, unless you really need the pvp gear (i can't see any prot paladin needing it badly unless they wanna spec differently then they just should THEN pvp)
Do AV clear out flags and tank lieutenants/shit

Anyway, back to what you wanted to know, i really don't think you can pvp spec prot-ret-holy hybrid combinations that are good except for pure holy and ret.
Failed-Stormscale

Return to Recruitment