Black Temple - Shade of Akama

Naj'entus, Supremus, Akama, Gorefiend, Gurtogg Bloodboil, RoS, Sharaz, Council, Illidan

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, fiend

Postby Dorvan » Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:53 pm

meh, we usually do it with 4 because we often happen to have 4 tanks lying around. Prot Pally on one side, 2 other tanks on the other, and 1 tank for the defenders....I'm sure we could do it with 3 tanks, but it works for us.

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Eneroth » Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:02 am

As of now, and the best method my guild has found for us is this. I tank one side, including all the mobs that spawn from there. The other sides uses two tanks, normal a prot warrior and a feral druid. One of them runs and gets any missed mobs of theirs. When we can start attacking Akama, I just stay on my side, cause at that point I have around 8 mobs or so on me.
Eneroth

Postby Snake-Aes » Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:13 am

That's pretty much it for me too. By the end I have one pack of adds and maybe a couple defenders or whatever they're called. Shade tends to die with Akama at 30% for us
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Dianora » Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:53 pm

After my failure a couple of weeks back, I cam back to do this boss the past 2 weeks. Is it my imagination or is tanking the side really easy? I watch our other tank on the other side struggle to grab the side, while I just shield and grab the mobs. It does help that I fixed my targeting macro.
ImageImageImage
Dianora

Postby Worldie » Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:52 am

Tanking sides for a paladin is ridicolously easy.

Actually, if u wanted to "minmax" this fight, u'd bring 3 prot pallies :>
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Warrender » Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:37 am

Avenger's Shield makes this so ridiculously easy for us.
Warrender
Maintankadonor

Postby Dianora » Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:41 am

Lore wrote:Yeah we had a rogue get loose from the other side a couple nights ago that somehow made it all the way across the room to me O_o

Aggro in this fight is a bit screwey as well. Same thing happened to me last night. I think it was spiritual attunement aggro that thankfully draws the ones that got away from the other tank to me.
ImageImageImage
Dianora

Postby Lore » Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:15 am

Worldie wrote:Tanking sides for a paladin is ridicolously easy.

Actually, if u wanted to "minmax" this fight, u'd bring 3 prot pallies :>

AFAIK prot pallies still can't tank the defenders since they ignore holy and nature threat.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Worldie » Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:37 pm

Nah, i AoEtanked them last week since i heard they fixed it, and did have no troubles, none of the Defenders even looked away from me for a istant.

They definitively fixed it.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Dianora » Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:14 pm

elson wrote:
Levantine wrote:And that will teach you to listen to bosskillers.

Or my raid leaders to listen to me when I tell them to ignore bosskillers

bosskillers to this day still doesn't know the existence of protection paladin. Not a single one of their strategy mentions us.
ImageImageImage
Dianora

Postby Worldie » Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:21 pm

Actually some do. For sure felmyst one does.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Worldie » Thu May 01, 2008 12:55 pm

Done it again few seconds ago, i confirm that they fixed the holy damage "bug" and paladin can easily tank the Defenders.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Dianora » Thu May 01, 2008 1:04 pm

Worldie wrote:Done it again few seconds ago, i confirm that they fixed the holy damage "bug" and paladin can easily tank the Defenders.

We're still a better choice to do the sides, unfortunately. I really want to do the defenders.
ImageImageImage
Dianora

Postby Worldie » Thu May 01, 2008 1:09 pm

Depends, for us it doesn't really matter who does sides, we just roll since warrior and bears like to do em more than defenders (i have to admit that tanking defenders is even more boring than tanking rogue on Council, u just stand there and spam... nothing, u passively hold aggro by melee attacks lol)

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby sanctifico » Fri May 02, 2008 12:20 pm

BoSanct + AFK.

3/6 Sunwell Pre-Nerf.
sanctifico

PreviousNext

Return to Black Temple