Remove Advertisements

Black Temple - Supremus

Naj'entus, Supremus, Akama, Gorefiend, Gurtogg Bloodboil, RoS, Sharaz, Council, Illidan

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, fiend

Postby Kikiel » Thu May 01, 2008 9:04 am

Eneroth wrote:We use three, depending if we have two prot warriors if we do then I throw on my healing gear to help out. Its either one prot warrior, feral druid myself or two prot warriors and the feral druid. But yeah we tried it with two, it's doable with two but so much easier with three.

I don't know how anyone is having trouble with only using two as long as the Hateful tank is a feral druid. Unless the feral druids you're using are wearing DPS gear or poor tank item choices like I've seen some wear. Using a feral druid to take hatefuls makes that so easy. 21k+ health and the hateful hits for about 6k against all that armor. Unless the healers are literally asleep I don't see how you would have trouble with only using 2 tanks here if a feral is hateful tanking.
Kikiel

Postby Widdox » Thu May 01, 2008 9:18 am

During Phase 2,

He seems to charge someone who is outside 40 yards. So my entire raid is trying to stay around 30 yards or so. When you "spread out" on phase 2, are you running far away outside 40 yards, or are you trying to keep the raid within the 40 yard window?
Widdox

Postby Worldie » Thu May 01, 2008 10:01 am

Whoever is running, runs away. Others try to stay no further than 40-50 yds
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby YoYoMa » Thu May 01, 2008 11:39 am

Widdox wrote:During Phase 2,

He seems to charge someone who is outside 40 yards. So my entire raid is trying to stay around 30 yards or so. When you "spread out" on phase 2, are you running far away outside 40 yards, or are you trying to keep the raid within the 40 yard window?
Yeah if you are too far away (>40) he'll charge + punt + keep following you. We pretty much ignore this mechanic. If you get punted it's not really a big deal other than he ends up pretty far from the tanks. To compensate we usually have 2 tanks following him and 1 kindda far away in case he makes a last minute run on his final gaze.
YoYoMa

Postby inthedrops » Tue May 27, 2008 7:23 am

How much dodge do you guys use on this guy?

I went into the fight (main tank, two warriors as OT) wearing my standard rig, which has plenty of health, avoidance, and threat. We wiped first attempt. I died during a phase 1 for no reason other than not being kept up (I wasn't standing in the fire). That attempt eventually ended up with two many dps dead by standing in fire /sigh.

So, on the second go I went in my avoidance set, sacrificing threat. My buffed avoidance went from about 55% (~28 dodge, ~17 parry) to about 58% (~31 dodge, ~17 parry). We killed Supremas with 5 minutes left on the enrage timer which is fine.

I asked the healers if I was easier to heal that time. Usually the response to questions like that is light, if any. To my surprise both of them (the ones assigned to heal me) responded quickly with a resounding "yes". I didn't tell them I was switching up gear so their quick response surprised me.

I'm kind of surprised they noticed so definitively, and suspect I must have been getting (a) unlucky or (b) healers used to healing the warriors.

My threat did end up suffering a bit. At the very last tank phase before he died one of the warriors who was closer in range than I was got top agro and I couldn't get it back before Supremas died. Kind of annoying but then again it was a smooth kill so can't complain.

Sorry for the long story. I was simply trying to get a feel for what your avoidance stats look like in BT and if +3% avoidance is normally that detectable by your healers.
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Tue May 27, 2008 7:37 am

In theory you should use 3 healers on the MT, not 2. He hits fairly hard for a non overgeared tank, i'd recommend Ironshields as well.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Heironeous » Tue May 27, 2008 1:25 pm

I was piling some threat gear because me and the warrior were having issues on the pick up. So it was whoever got him first had em. We lost because he seemed to act wonky on us. He's littery switch to another person and stay on them even if higher threat and higher HP was available.

So we assumed a target switch situation and changed gear. If you notice this problem try that, it worked for us and we got em first night, but I'm not sure if that was another of Blizzard's lovely "everything is working as intended" errors. So theres a heads up.

And this is why teenage girls shouldn't play WoW...
Heironeous

Postby Snake-Aes » Tue May 27, 2008 2:05 pm

dpsers can't dps till the tank allows. with us it just takes a couple seconds into melee. Trigger happy dps should be shaved away in Leotheras fight >.>
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Heironeous » Tue May 27, 2008 2:51 pm

Wasn't even that. We had a 10 second+ lead. So we had no idea what was happening. "working as intended" my ass.

And this is why teenage girls shouldn't play WoW...
Heironeous

Postby Songblade » Tue May 27, 2008 6:44 pm

I keep getting hit (not crushed) for about 10k while taking hatefuls from him...

Is it supposed to be like that? He doesn't seem to hit anyone else for that much...

[Insert witty comment here]
Songblade

Postby ehly » Tue May 27, 2008 8:33 pm

Yup he can hit quite hard at times with the hateful. The healers need to keep a strong eye on it. The only problem I have is when he double strikes, it will often put me below some melee. So the healers have to keep you up to stay a viable target for it. I put my stamina set on for it ~27% dodge and ~21k health. That occasional 2 hatefuls in a row is about all that causes me trouble. Got that tonight actually. Smacked me twice, and hit ~7k health. He then turned and hit a rogue for 22k before the healers got me back up.
ehly

Previous

Return to Black Temple