Add tanking for Dragonhawk

Nalorakk, Akil'zon, Jan'alai, Halazzi, Malacrass, Zul'jin

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Zeels » Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:28 am

Don't do what we did the first attempts...

Don't forget to kill the hatcher on your first side, otherwise he will run over to the other side once all eggs are hatched :)
By the Power of Grey Skull!

Lvl 80 Spanks you very much Spankadin!

Spank
Zeels

Postby Moby » Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:34 am

Zeels wrote:Don't forget to kill the hatcher on your first side, otherwise he will run over to the other side once all eggs are hatched :)

That never happened to us. >.>
Moby

Postby Snake-Aes » Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:37 am

It goes like that: Hatcher has no eggs left on one side, he goes to the other, when there're no eggs left, hatchers engage in combat with a normal aggro table.

It's very common on progression kills to forget a hatcher after picking up a full side at once, and it going to the other side, either spawning more hawks or going loose.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Beros » Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:17 pm

We just moved to popping all the eggs on one side at a time -- we used to split each platform in halves. I tank the hatchlings in my spell dmg gear and FR aura and very rarely have any issues with the hatchlings flying through consecration. Especially not the first platfrom -- Avenging Wrath, ftw. JoR the first bird, then just spam consecrate until they are all hatched, then the nova goes down and the aoe goes off.

I don't always have a hunter to freeze trap, but I always have a mage for frost nova & aoe.

Of note, in that low-mitigation/high-threat gear, I need a second healer to pay some attention to me once all the hatchlings are up. But once the hatchlings are all gone, I can swap in my healing hammer and chip in a little bit to avoid boredom the rest of the way.

We just changed tactics due to our raid dps going up enough that we kept having to stop dps at 35%.
Beros

Postby Montmatre » Thu May 01, 2008 1:43 am

The way I do it is as follows.

1. Retribution aura, thorns, blessing of sanctuary. ( I am thinking of using the spore shield at some point)
2. Hunter/shaman slowing trap/totem.
3. Stay on the platform so a consecrate will slightly overlap the edge of the bridge.
4. Consecrate when the hatcher has started his thing.
5. AS the hatcher as soon as you see a dragonhawk spawn.
6. JOR/JOB on the first dragon hawk asap.
7. Wait until all the Hawks have hatched before calling your AOE on them.
8. Bubble, goto next side

I never really have to use any FR. The hardest part is getting aggro on the first 3, but the above system seems to help that alot.

We usually do all one side then the other. Once we did both sides at the same time, but that wasn't planned (we still did it though:P)
Montmatre

Postby Boomtank » Thu May 01, 2008 1:00 pm

Slowing trap is king
Boomtank

Postby fudomyou » Thu May 01, 2008 3:17 pm

Boomtank wrote:Slowing trap is king

I actually learned this fight without slowing trap - it's been pretty easy still, just a matter of finding things to judge and taunt for the initial stages, it's easy at the end.
fudomyou
Maintankadonor

Postby Tyaera » Fri May 02, 2008 12:43 am

Tank the hawks on the egg platform itself, lay consecrate just asthe hatcher reaches you. Makes it much easier. (the boss is tanked on the opposite egg platform)
better to tank in hell than DPS in heaven
Tyaera

Postby Frickit » Fri May 02, 2008 9:03 am

Tyaera wrote:Tank the hawks on the egg platform itself, lay consecrate just asthe hatcher reaches you. Makes it much easier. (the boss is tanked on the opposite egg platform)

What happens when he teleports you across the platform?
Frickit

Postby Mordinm » Fri May 02, 2008 9:11 am

Frickit wrote:
Tyaera wrote:Tank the hawks on the egg platform itself, lay consecrate just asthe hatcher reaches you. Makes it much easier. (the boss is tanked on the opposite egg platform)

What happens when he teleports you across the platform?

He doesn't anymore. Or at least he hasn't been on the couple of ZA runs I've been on since last patch.
Mordinm

Postby jere » Fri May 02, 2008 9:25 am

I thought the change went this way:

Within the fire barrier = no teleport.
Outside the fire barrier = teleport
jere

Postby Bughead » Fri May 02, 2008 9:43 am

jere wrote:I thought the change went this way:

Within the fire barrier = no teleport.
Outside the fire barrier = teleport

I've found that to be true unless theyve changed it again
Bughead

Postby Frickit » Fri May 02, 2008 10:20 am

If your on the bridge or beyond it at all you will be transported when he begins the bombs. If you nuke em you might be able to do it before that happens but it could get very messy.
Frickit

Postby plisken451 » Fri May 02, 2008 11:21 am

Just to add a concur here...did it last night. Wish I'd thought of the frost trap/earthbind thing, cause invariably, the first hawk would sprint right through the consecration. Ran FR aura, and a good portion of my block set with about 450 spell dmg. Bubble after the first wave to clear the debuff, then release half the hawks on the other side on the 2nd wave. Finish 'em off on the 3rd. Then judge crusader, and hang out with the melee. Bugger refuses to drop the shield. :?
ImageRetired

Mirraluun - Asmodian Chanter - Fregion Server - Eated by hackers
plisken451

Postby Frickit » Fri May 02, 2008 12:27 pm

Who gives thorns?
Frickit

PreviousNext

Return to Zul'aman