Remove Advertisements

Help in tanking full kara

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Help in tanking full kara

Postby toddy » Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:31 am

Hi, i'm newly registered member here, but i've been searching this site for some time now to get info on how to gear my pally. i'm the oldest prot pally in my guild and for some time i've been the only pally there. The main problem i have is to MT, coz as the only prot pally there they usually wanted me to tank as a warr, wich u all know always end up in death, so they pretty much make me OT. I sometimes get frustrated for that, but as my guild is becoming more crowed (i'm not the only pally anymore, but still the main prot one) we r strating our tird kara group and i was assigned to try and MT it, but i lack the knowledge to MT and i dunno if i'm well geared for it. So, plz any comments on my spec/gear/enchant and strat would be awesome.

BTW sry for my grammar, i'm from Brazil so i speak portuguese.
Toddy
Prot Pally Bolderfist US Server
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... st&n=Toddy
toddy

Postby Cosmoz » Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:19 pm

for kara, your role is not OT. Its MT. there is nothing in there you cant tank. they want you to talk as a warrior? exactly what do they want you to do differently? use a lot of useless CC? If you use to much CC, you might run out of mana. thats the only problem I can come to think of.

as to spec, 49/12 is a very common spec. enchant and gem for stamina, even tho not stupidly. there are some item-bonuses that are worth getting even tho you lose a feew stamina. as to gear, you want gear with lots and lots of HP, but still need a good chunk of avoidance+block. ofc you "need" 490 defence and also uncrush if you wanna do a full run. (noot needed but helps a ton)

dont let them replace you! paladin>any other tank :D
Cosmoz

Postby toddy » Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:54 pm

TYVM i'll look up for it.
Toddy
Prot Pally Bolderfist US Server
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... st&n=Toddy
toddy

Return to Karazhan