Made 1 attempt at Arlokk yesterday.

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Made 1 attempt at Arlokk yesterday.

Postby Dianora » Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:53 pm

Due to boredom, I decided to try to solo Arlokk yesterday. Brought 2 sporeling shields with spike and my usual assortment of shield (nightbane spell damage shield, nightbane tanking shield, ZA blocking shield). After almost wore through sporeling shield and going to 30% on the 2nd shield, I noticed that I barely put a dent through Arlokk's health. I wasn't dying, but I'll run out of shield before she hit 50%.

Anyone else tried this?
ImageImageImage
Dianora

Postby Halisstra » Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:47 pm

There was a post about this on the wow paly boards. A few people claim to have done it, I believe most said 7-8 shields to get it done.
Halisstra

Postby Daine » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:22 am

I did it with 3 shields. Reck specced, using JoR/JoL, Figurine, Sun Eater and max rank Cons to burn down some panthers while she disappeared, when my health was back up and she'd return I'd swap to a spelldamage weapon and SoR to try and do some damage. Think I potted once and had to LoH once, took a long long time mind. But yeah, used Triptych, Shield of Impenetrable Darkness and Crest of Sha'tar to get it done.
GM of The New Expedition, Defias (EU). 9/9 BT, 5/5 MH, 1/6 SWP.
Daine

Postby Aalryn » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:05 pm

I just did this yesterday :) Used up 3 shields. First my sporegar shield, then my hardened heart, then my healing shield.. my healing shield was at 8% when i downed her.

I'll fraps it next cooldown.

The trick I used was to use max rank consecrate, judge wisdom on her, then seal righteousness. Also use AW anytime she is there. Once she goes away seal and judge wisdom and use rank 1 consecrate until your at full mana for when she comes back.
~insert flashy signature here~

"Error: Armory link not found" ... Tankadin no more
Aalryn

Postby Klepsacovic » Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:05 pm

I just gave her a try recently with bad results. She was at around 84%, my health was low, and my trinket was nowhere near ready. I had little mana too. The panthers don't hurt much, but when there are 20+ and the boss, I lose health too quickly for the trinket alone to keep my up.

And by the time I bubble hearthed by sporregar shield was at 22%.

I wore T4 shoulders and gloves, engineering helm, vengeance card, the figurine of the colossus, and the neck from SV. If I missed no slots, the rest was badge gear.
I don't have a DPS meter so I use an aggro meter. I always win.
Klepsacovic

Postby Worldie » Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:17 pm

You should always have your back on the wall, the level difference with panthers make they almost everytime hit your shield or get parry-miss-dodge.

I used like 4 shields to kill her. Not worth the effort, just to say "i've done it" imo :)
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Klepsacovic » Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:19 pm

Worldie wrote:You should always have your back on the wall, the level difference with panthers make they almost everytime hit your shield or get parry-miss-dodge.

I used like 4 shields to kill her. Not worth the effort, just to say "i've done it" imo :)

Maybe that was my problem, they kept getting behind me. I'll try again once my shaman dies trying to solo Azuregos.

[update January 18] I gave her another shot this morning. I had a few close calls when misclicks caused me to turn around but aside from that it was pretty easy. Then at 9% my third (of four) shield broke and I didn't switch to a new one because I'd not been paying attention. I promptly died. Then I swore a lot.

A guild shaman offered to help. I figured it'd be a joke. I forgot she sets the panthers after people. So the shaman died. Then I was too distracted by chat to notice the DoT and that killed me. So I swore some more.
Last edited by Klepsacovic on Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
I don't have a DPS meter so I use an aggro meter. I always win.
Klepsacovic

Postby Triadx » Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:39 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAlpFdxQQFo << 1st attempt and a kill.

JotC when Arlokk is up and use Seal/Judge Rightousness. When she's gone, use Seal/Judge Wisdom. Cleanse Shadow pains and use Figurine of the Colossus. It's pretty simple and I've known people whom have done it with much worse gear than I had in that video.
Triadx

Postby Aalryn » Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:40 pm

vid is good, but it's easier if you stand in a corner. i stood in the corner next to the gong when i did it. dont need to turn or move or anything. you can see in the video when they start to get behind you your hp just DROPS
~insert flashy signature here~

"Error: Armory link not found" ... Tankadin no more
Aalryn

Postby Dayblade » Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:46 am

Yeah - been working on this turkey for the past few weeks trying to get the offhand to drop for a shammy buddy of mine.

No bags yet either.

I have done this as well - I go through 5 shields - 1 of which is a FRD at the end just to clean up any remaining panthers.

Dayblade
Dayblade
GM, Blade of Honor
Dayblade

Postby Regar » Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:48 pm

nuked her tonight - 3 epic shields broken

20 min fight and 28g + after rep / loot

i think you could leave the shield out when she is stealthed, panthers hits for 15 dmg ( if they hit =) ) and so maybe you only need 2 shields.

Regar

Postby Hankthetank » Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:29 am

I only did it once. It took me 9 shields. (7 PLG's, 1 tanking shield, 1 healing shield)
Hankthetank

Postby Janduin » Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:10 am

I've done it twice, using 3 or 4 (can't remember for sure) shields each time: a PLG, the SSO shield I use in my wannabe passive uncrush set, my ALD, and my MSWG (basically breaking my shields in order of increasing item level to try to minimize repair costs).

I think the reason I was able to use less shields was that aside from the PLG they are epics and maybe are more durable, but it cost me a lot to repair them (I have yet to make more than net 10-15g I think from killing her).

I also put on a damage trinket (Tome of Fiery Redemption), wore some spell damage gear and popped wings whenever the CD was up and she had spawned. It's about a 20 minute fight.
Janduin

Postby soulfirexz » Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:05 am

Don't even need near passive uncrush for this one, I found it much easier on my shields to use my 4 pc t6
soulfirexz

Return to General Strats