Remove Advertisements

Best Threat on Prince

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

Best Threat on Prince

Postby Ills » Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:25 am

Should I Judge Wisdom or Crusader on Prince to keep highest threat?

When I judge Wisdom I can keep spamming max rank Consecrate and Exorcism, judging Righteousness, and of course, Holy Shield, using one mana pot somewhere in the fight. Self-dispelling SW:P.

If I judge Crusader, I can't use Exorcism much, can only use Consecrate sporadically, but can keep spamming Judgement and Holy Shield without going OOM. Self-dispelling SW:P.

If it matters, I switch from Stormcaller to The Sun Eater for phase 2, then back again for phase 3.
Every fight is like Sartura, only without the screaming and the dying.
Ills

Postby Xanatos » Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:28 am

Mixture of both.

Start with crusader and frontload your threat (Avenging Wrath, JoR, max consecration, exorcism and maybe avenger's shield). Then switch JoW at around 30%-40% mana. This should allow you to maintain reasonable threat after your initial aggro rocket and keep you ahead for the rest of the fight.
Xanatos

Postby Lore » Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:29 am

I would judge Wisdom, just because it sounds like the threat difference is going to be marginal, and it helps your casters.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Vanifae » Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:38 am

Wisdom is so much better on this fight, I ran out of mana last time I did it on Phase 2 :)

Plus in Phase two with Holy Shield up you will never run low on threat.

Plus Wisdom procs are considered energy gains which also build threat.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Postby Prepared » Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:50 am

I only switch my Seal to Wisdom during Phase 2 (perma-Reckoning FTW), but do not Judge, and this is all only if I don't have a mage in the raid, or one of the healers die early.
"Judgement day's not coming soon enough."

Defense < 490 = Healing gear or Hydross gear.
Prepared

Postby Bosutei » Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:32 am

Vanifae wrote:Wisdom is so much better on this fight, I ran out of mana last time I did it on Phase 2 :)

I call bull on that one.
Bosutei

Postby Fridmarr » Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:55 am

Bosutei wrote:
Vanifae wrote:Wisdom is so much better on this fight, I ran out of mana last time I did it on Phase 2 :)

I call bull on that one.

Unless there's been a change, you'd be wrong, they generate threat at 50% of the amount of the gain I believe. I still remember the bug from Blessing of Wisdom when it put everyone's mana gain threat on the pally that had cast it, fun times.

Lots of things like that generate a little threat, have someone body pull something as you put a blessing or seal up and see what happens.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Vanifae » Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:08 am

Yep even Warrior's gaining rage is considered an energy gain and therefore builds threat.

It isn't much but it counts.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Postby Sabindeus » Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:14 am

Bosutei wrote:

I call bull on that one.

then you call bull incorrectly, since that is the truth.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Vanifae » Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:22 am

http://www.wowwiki.com/Formulas:Kencos_Research

Pretty decent breakdown, warrior focused... but the important bits is here:

Each point of healing, when completely unmodified by talents, gives 0.5 threat. Replace the proof for (2) by the second person only healing.

Note: overhealing doesn't count, only the actual amount healed. This is easy to demonstrate.

Abilities that put "you gain x mana" in the combat log give 0.5 threat per point gained; life is the same. Examples would be drinking potions, but not natural regen, or the Shaman's mana spring totem.

Abilities that put "you gain x rage" in the combat log give 5 threat per point gained. However, this is not modified by warrior stance. Such abilities include bloodrage, improved blocking talent, unbridled wrath, and 5/8 Might.

Like healing, these only give threat if you are below the maximum.
Vanifae

Postby Lore » Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:24 am

Yep, you gain threat from JoW just like drinking pots. 0.5 threat per mana gained.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Nich » Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:18 pm

JoW will add threat from power gains, but at the same time it's also adding threat to any mana user hitting the target, so it's not as much threat as you'd first think, in relative terms.
Nich

Postby Bosutei » Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:49 pm

You learn something new every day, then.
And I wasn't saying it's wrong, I was saying bull out of disbelief.
Bosutei

Postby Prepared » Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:48 pm

Spiritual Attunement also counts. A handy fact on fights like Void Reaver. I had aggro for about 35% of the fight tonight, out of our usual four tanks.
"Judgement day's not coming soon enough."

Defense < 490 = Healing gear or Hydross gear.
Prepared

Postby Phaex » Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:36 pm

Judge wisdom to help your cast-dps out.
Agro shouldn't be any issue at all. Since he starts d/wing pretty soon, which makes him eat mass holy shield.
I'm at least 50k above the first dps when he dies, and thats without even trying.

Thanks for posting about that power gain thing.
I expected something like that. But i wasn't sure if it was fixed.
A while back mp5/hp5 accidently caused threat too, and they patched it if i remember correctly.
Phaex

Next

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations