how much hp?

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

how much hp?

Postby onion » Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:39 pm

I've managed 102.4% with kings up, but I'm worried about my hp. is 11k going to be enough, if I can get in.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... nionknight

err...It looks like I logged after a playing in ab. don't know when it will update, but yea: 11k hp, 513 def, 102.41 avoidance,
onion

Re: how much hp?

Postby Amirya » Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:23 pm

onion wrote:I've managed 102.4% with kings up, but I'm worried about my hp. is 11k going to be enough, if I can get in.

err...It looks like I logged after a playing in ab. don't know when it will update, but yea: 11k hp, 513 def, 102.41 avoidance,

You'll want the avoidance without Kings, only with Holy Shield up.

And if you're on the higher end of the 11k unbuffed, you should be okay to start out. Raid buffs will boost it. And if you can get a warrior in your group, have them keep Commanding Shout up, and you'll get even more.

Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Aerfalle » Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:50 pm

Amirya wrote:You'll want the avoidance without Kings, only with Holy Shield up.

Kinda disagree with that. Is anything in Kara actually purging?
Aerfalle

Postby guillex » Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:02 pm

Amirya wrote:
onion wrote:I've managed 102.4% with kings up, but I'm worried about my hp. is 11k going to be enough, if I can get in.

You'll want the avoidance without Kings, only with Holy Shield up.

And if you're on the higher end of the 11k unbuffed, you should be okay to start out. Raid buffs will boost it. And if you can get a warrior in your group, have them keep Commanding Shout up, and you'll get even more.

Negative on avoidance w/o kings.

When you're just starting to upgrade your gear, and the only thing that you need to push you to 102.4% is Kings, that's quite fine. Don't count on other members of the raid to keep you buffed all the time.

All it takes is the "Well, we have a drood, I just need Mark to be uncrushable, I'll let him worry about it" mentality to start wiping, and nobody can figure out why.

Do it yourself until you get some better gear.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby turion350 » Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:03 am

uncrushable with kings is perfectly fine, its a buff you can control. as for health, they say all you need is 10.5 K unbuffed and 12 K armor. i notice people tend to think that you can't go into kara with 12-13 k unbuffed for some reason. i believe even on here they state the 10.5 k health pool is perfectly fine
Teurion of Kael'thas
Lvl 80 Human
turion350

Postby onion » Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:46 am

turion350 wrote:uncrushable with kings is perfectly fine, its a buff you can control. as for health, they say all you need is 10.5 K unbuffed and 12 K armor. i notice people tend to think that you can't go into kara with 12-13 k unbuffed for some reason. i believe even on here they state the 10.5 k health pool is perfectly fine

yea, I couldn't find it stated anywhere. that was why I asked. ty everyone.
onion

Postby jere » Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:24 am

turion350 wrote:uncrushable with kings is perfectly fine, its a buff you can control. as for health, they say all you need is 10.5 K unbuffed and 12 K armor. i notice people tend to think that you can't go into kara with 12-13 k unbuffed for some reason. i believe even on here they state the 10.5 k health pool is perfectly fine

I know on our server, the whole 12-13k thing came about because that is what the warriors were saying they needed for prince. I did it with 10.5k unbuffed just fine, but then I didn't get crushed as much as they did.
jere

Postby Cosmoz » Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:21 am

uncrush with kings is fine, becaus you will use kings all the time here anyway. 11k is "ok" to start tanking, but there are bosses you wont do with this low HP, unless you have very skilled healers AND luck on your side.
Cosmoz

Postby Owneri » Mon May 05, 2008 11:48 pm

Are you kidding?
I can tank kara and I have 10.5k hp and Im -6% uncrushable..
I am paladin.
Owneri

Postby Cosmoz » Tue May 06, 2008 2:21 pm

Owneri wrote:

Are you kidding?
I can tank kara and I have 10.5k hp and Im -6% uncrushable..

with those stats I can just praise your healerS. and luck. prince can take you down very fast no mather how good healers you have, and nightbane pretty much the same. doable? ofc. but it requers a good group, and very good healers, and as i said befor, a good chunk of luck on bosses. like, feew crushes, and absolutly NO crushes linked with parrys. and with 6% crushable, that requers a lot of luck. on a good tank prince can still do like 11-13k damage in 1 sec. with your gear and crushes that can easily get up to 20k damage in 1sec.
Cosmoz

Return to Karazhan