Remove Advertisements

Illidari Council

Naj'entus, Supremus, Akama, Gorefiend, Gurtogg Bloodboil, RoS, Sharaz, Council, Illidan

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, fiend

Postby Morganim » Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:29 am

sanctifico wrote:
Janduin wrote:Keeping the rogue on me > the small amount of avoidance I'd get using Suneater instead. It's not like the rogue tank is hard to heal anyway.

Why oh why do i see "Suneater" in that post. /wrists.

I detest seeing Tankadins without propper weapons, Decapitator is a good idea for this fight, but using the sun-eater anywhere, any time as a tankadin is the hight of fail.

suneater is fine (mine has icey lawlz)

i use mine when i sit on mother and OT
use it on BB when i have 10+ stacks
probably will get a +40 spell damage on it and use it on twin eradars

stupid guild motnhs and months in MH and never seen an anethron sword
Morganim

Postby Janduin » Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:59 am

sanctifico wrote:Why oh why do i see "Suneater" in that post. /wrists.

I detest seeing Tankadins without propper weapons, Decapitator is a good idea for this fight, but using the sun-eater anywhere, any time as a tankadin is the hight of fail.

It's not as if I use the Sun Eater for tanking something that is currently being beat on (I have the MH cotton-candy mace with +40 spell damage). But "proper weapon" sometimes depends on the fight. If Decapitator wasn't better for this fight as a magic-shield-on-rogue fall back, Sun Eater would be the way to go. Why take more damage and make your healers work harder than they have to? You give up nothing when threat isn't an issue. Other fights where the Sun Eater is good are FLK and HKM when the adds are up, assuming you are tanking HKM/FLK himself.
Janduin

Postby Deimosfobos » Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:04 am

taking the rogue in this encounter is one of the easiest tanking jobs there is on the game.

You tank him 20 seconds, he vanishes, you go around patch healing people or just watch tv for 27 seconds, within 3 sec you get ready for him (stand between the raid and his tanking place, at 0 sec he apears, you have about 2-3 seconds to catch him standing still in his place... repeat untill encounter is beaten...
Deimosfobos

Postby Dorvan » Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:05 am

sanctifico wrote:Why oh why do i see "Suneater" in that post. /wrists.

Threat doesn't matter at all for the rogue tank in this fight, so all that's left is to mitigate. I don't bother, but the Sun Eater is a perfectly reasonable choice for this fight. Ideally, you'd probably go Sun Eater (or Unbreakable Will) + your tanking shield when he's up and then swap to a healing weapon and shield during the vanish. Personally, I'll confess to being lazy and using HoJ + KHH the whole time.

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby JLBate » Fri May 02, 2008 8:01 pm

I dont think this has been mentioned before. Seal of justice stuns him too for even more LOLAFK.

personal experience:

Using the target and cast avenger's shield macro, judge, and holy shield will pick him up and keep him on you the whole time and works great! I stopped swapping my my caster mace with suneater and just stuck with sun eater and had no problems. He spawns REAL close to where he vanishes, but make sure you stand in a remote location so AOE is isolated.
JLBate

Postby Eneroth » Thu May 08, 2008 9:18 pm

Worked on the Counsil today for a few tries and I was on the rogue. Let me say he is very easy to tank. I have a very simple macro of /target & /cast avenger's. I am able to grab him before he targets anyone, and on the off chance I miss with the shield throw then I have a hunter who is backing me up. This is by far the easiest mob to tank as well, he also hits like a wuss.
Eneroth

Postby Jappobra » Sun May 18, 2008 2:44 pm

These are the amcro's I use. First cast the avenger's shield, in case it misses and he runs for someone, the taunt macro. And else I still have a judgement macro...

Code: Select all
/canceltarget
/target Veras
/cast Avenger's Shield

Code: Select all
/target Veras Darkshadow
/cast [help] Righteous Defense; [target=targettarget] Righteous Defense

Tanking this guy is so lame _0_
Jappobra

Postby fuzzygeek » Sun May 18, 2008 3:15 pm

sanctifico wrote:I detest seeing Tankadins without propper weapons, Decapitator is a good idea for this fight, but using the sun-eater anywhere, any time as a tankadin is the hight of fail.

I'd have to disagree. I use the Sun Eater for RoS.p1 for the added Def and Dodge. Failing to be flexible and show some creative adaptability is the height of fail, imo.

Back on topic: I've been tanking the rogue, and it's stupid as hell.

Bear on priest, Warrior on Paladin, who is the DPS target. This is the standard setup, yes?

Our warrior seems to just get gibbed on the fight a lot. We had 7 healers last set of attempts, and two of the priests kept getting gibbed by the fire. An additional healer would make a big difference, probably.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Sun May 18, 2008 4:13 pm

Council i'd recommend doing with 9 healers while learning.

And, if you run with bear-pala-war, stick bear to rogue and paladin to priest.
Bears can pick him up without issues if he got BoSW or BoP, and eventually combat ress or innervate during vanishes. As paladin on the priest, since people shouldn't be dpsing it, you can as well tank with some healing gear on and help healing after you've build some aggro.

About the paladin's tank, it's relatively normal that he spikes. AoE+melee, or simply SoC proc can hurt.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Enkal » Sun May 18, 2008 11:14 pm

Ok, so tonight we'll hopefull get our first tries on the Council. I've been set to tank the priest (feral on Veras).

What pointers can you ppl give me? Do I have to work hard on threat or do I just try to keep over healer aggro? Any advice welcome!
Enkal

Postby Gerilith » Sun May 18, 2008 11:20 pm

Enkal wrote:Ok, so tonight we'll hopefull get our first tries on the Council. I've been set to tank the priest (feral on Veras).

What pointers can you ppl give me? Do I have to work hard on threat or do I just try to keep over healer aggro? Any advice welcome!

Like Worldie said, there won't be any "real" DPS on the priest and you could even offheal a bit. But I'd recommend 1-2 ppl around so that Holy Wrath and Circle of Healing get interrupted (Earth Shock + a pvp geared rogue for example, pvp gear because it is easier to heal and your healers will have other problems).
Not interrupting Holy Wrath ends up in a lot of raid damage and instagibs.
Standing alone with no direction
How did I fall so far behind?
Why Am I searching for perfection?
Knowing it's something I won't find
Gerilith

Postby Arianne » Mon May 19, 2008 2:07 am

It seems to me like it'd be better to have the feral on the priest since he can interrupt/stun with feral charge and bash rather than having an additional person on the priest to interrupt.
Arianne

Postby Gerilith » Mon May 19, 2008 2:12 am

Arianne wrote:It seems to me like it'd be better to have the feral on the priest since he can interrupt/stun with feral charge and bash rather than having an additional person on the priest to interrupt.

Not sure about the possibility of stunning the priest. Anyway, a feral can't interrupt near as many casts as a rogue, warrior or shaman.
Last edited by Gerilith on Mon May 19, 2008 4:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Standing alone with no direction
How did I fall so far behind?
Why Am I searching for perfection?
Knowing it's something I won't find
Gerilith

Postby Enkal » Mon May 19, 2008 2:15 am

I'll have 2 rogues, 1 shaman and 1 mage to help with interrupts. They share their health right? So any damage we do on the priest will help?

Does she crush? Or can I gear for spelldamage?
Enkal

Postby Worldie » Mon May 19, 2008 2:30 am

It's not recommended to DPS the priest since she will be 90% of the time either blessed or shielded, and her shield will cause the DPS to nearly suicide. We use only the tank mage + 1/2 rogue as interrupter, the rogues don't really DPS her, they just stand there and kick if needed.

She does crush, but she melees for barely 2k and she just chaincasts Empowered Smites, the real melees are fairly rare.

Gear for HP, that's all you need in that fight tbh.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

PreviousNext

Return to Black Temple