Remove Advertisements

Best Attempts on Kalecgos?

Kalecgos, Brutallus, Felmyst, M'uru, Entropius, Kil'jaeden

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Afraithe » Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:24 pm

Another progress kill with Paladin (me) as only tank on Dragon form Kalecgos.

I had 220 Arcane res buffed, just over 21000 hp buffed (shout etc).

Avoidance... dunno exactly, its not like they actually miss anyway due to that aura.

Mid fight Warrior taunted Dragon, I bubbled my stack, canceled it and taunted him back.

As soon as I got above 5 stacks I started chainchugging Ironshield potions.

Died at enrage, Warrior taunted and Shieldwalled, after he died we zerged him, not pretty, but hey, its progress.
Afraithe

Postby Cakes » Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:05 pm

How much would you say the arcane resist is helping? Are you seeing stacks fall off completely or just resisting enough to keep stack count low?

Edit: I should mention that we killed this guy last night for the first time, doing a full tank rotation. Just wondering if it might be easier for me to tank the dragon the whole time.
Cakes

Postby Oramac » Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:13 pm

Cakes wrote:How much would you say the arcane resist is helping? Are you seeing stacks fall off completely or just resisting enough to keep stack count low?

Edit: I should mention that we killed this guy last night for the first time, doing a full tank rotation. Just wondering if it might be easier for me to tank the dragon the whole time.

id like to know this too. we killed him the other night with a full 3 tank rotation, but if i can just perma-tank him, i think it'd be easier for the warriors to get their portal rotation figured out.
Aplus wrote:Yeah every time I get a big head, I go and try to solo a warlock.brings me back down to earth pretty fast

Oramac

Postby ist » Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:52 pm

Afraithe wrote:I had 220 Arcane res buffed, just over 21000 hp buffed (shout etc).

Which AR pieces did you wear for this?

I tried legs+belt+karazhan trinket for 120-130ish. A few times I saw the stack drop on it's own, but certainly not every attempt. Bubble/cancel bubble macro works great when the stack gets too high.

Still getting healers used to the fight, best we've done so far is 16/22.
ist

Postby Katamai » Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:05 am

WTB Shield Wall for enrage phase, pst me with offers >.<

On a serious note, i'm a bit sick getting ganked on 2/3 kills because warriors just pop shield wall and i get turned into dust (we're having slight issues with healing :/).

It's a fun fight and i am not taking as much dmg as i thought i would but i really, really, really hate the enrage phase.

Whoever tells me LoH is our OHSHIT! button will be getting a spanking <_<
I... was... once... called... Ashbringer...
My... son... watched... me... die...
KILL... THEM... ALL!
Katamai

Postby Rhî » Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:22 am

Katamai wrote:WTB Shield Wall for enrage phase, pst me with offers >.<

On a serious note, i'm a bit sick getting ganked on 2/3 kills because warriors just pop shield wall and i get turned into dust (we're having slight issues with healing :/).

It's a fun fight and i am not taking as much dmg as i thought i would but i really, really, really hate the enrage phase.

Whoever tells me LoH is our OHSHIT! button will be getting a spanking <_<

Two out of three kills I've tanked the enrage. Ok, 1st Kill only 10-3%, warrior had troubles with taunting dragon off of me. 3rd Kill from 10-0%. My advice: Hold back some on use-effects like nightmare seed, shadowmoon insignia, moroes pocket watch, etc.

I was at 26k HP almost the whole enrage and never under 50%. Thank you healers!
Rhî

Postby Novara » Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:35 am

Second kill last night after 3 tries and I got my bracers :) .

I've stopped using arcane resist and just opted for more avoidance/EH (replaced kara trinket with bloodboils). Was alot easier.

I'm the first tank on him and just bubble off the stacks at 8 to give our warrior tank time to get out of demon phase (I hit 8 stacks around the same time forbearance from AW fades). It's important the dps stays under 100% threat during this phase so you can use your bubble/cancelaura macro.

The enrage is a royal pain in the ass. Druid tank died tanking him at 5% and if my LoH wasn't up I wouldn't have lasted for the kill. WTB shieldwall.

I think more than anything it's important to have a good healer and decurser rotation. You have some leeway with the tank rotation. Kalecgos human form can tank the demon for quite a while so it's good to ensure that you have the proper healing before you taunt him (and wait for him to take the knockdown if at all possible). Each of our 3 tanks has a healer follow him through portals (holy pally makes the most sense).

On our kills the last 20% of the fight is usually a clusterf*%k. At that point the curse becomes difficult to control.

We've also had a few issues with taunting (unrelated to the wild magic debuff). Had the warrior tank taunt dragon off me, I had no debuffs on him or consecration down and as I was running to my portal the warrior tank lost him and Kalecgos came running after me. Same thing happened between our druid and warrior on another attempt. I've also seen multiple taunt resists in a row without having wild magic. Although this may have just been unlucky, it's extremely annoying because of the long cooldown. I may wear my glory of the defender next time to try and get closer to the hit cap.
Novara

Postby Averroes » Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:04 pm

Dragon 20%
Demon 23%
Averroes

Previous

Return to Sunwell Plateau