Heroic Magister best group for a palatank

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Cosmoz » Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:47 pm

so faar I havent had any problems no mather what adds she got. a CCed add is still a CCed add, and does no damage at all no mather what class :P
Cosmoz

Postby Lookit » Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:49 pm

I ran last night with a shadow priest, mage and warlock, with a priest healing, and it was just ridiculously easy. Mind controlling makes the trash pretty trivial, especially combined with a sheep, and having all ranged DPS makes the second boss a joke (dual candlestick campers) as well as making Kael extremely easy (phoenix goes down fast with no extra healing needed and Phase 2 is a cinch).

While I love running with rogues in general, this is one instance where you're really doing yourself a favor if you can bring all ranged dps.
Lookit

Postby MichaelBerea » Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:53 pm

When your rogue saps an add on the third boss, should he return to your group before you pull? That was the way it seemed to me after several wipes caused by the rogue sapping then standing next to the boss until we pulled. Even when he came halfway back to us he died early. After that, I am inclined to ignore the cc potential of rogues when I can select my ideal group for the Priestess.
MichaelBerea

Postby Lookit » Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:29 pm

Sap can be very helpful on Delrissa's adds, but as you noticed, it's imperative that the rogue return to the group immediately after sapping. When Delrissa is pulled, there is a pulse that takes everyone in the party out of stealth.

My preferred method of pulling is this:

Rogue saps and then heads back to group.

Mage stands between two front columns and sheeps to initiate the pull, turning and blinking immediately so as to avoid getting focus-fired.

I stand about 10 yards away from the front columns, and toss a shield at the group as they approach, having the rest of the group stand 15 or so yards behind me. This usually means I take the initial brunt before any additional CC is in place (fear, trap, banish, etc), which is ideal.

If you do not have a mage to pull with polymorph, then I've found the safest way to pull is to stand on the far side, right or left, and target the leftmost or rightmost add with AS. If you stand directly in front of Delrissa, you will body pull before you can cast AS, but if you stand to the side you will be fine. Then high-tail it back to the group before you get focus-fired behind a pillar and out of LOS of heals.
Lookit

Postby Cosmoz » Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:56 pm

actualy got a combo today we dident manage to kill. maybe with my normal groups i usualy go with it would have been doable, but today we replaced a rogue for a feral druid.
So we had: warlock, tankadin, feral druid, priest, mage.
We also had pretty bad dps, witch was OK cuz we aoe'd every pull untill the 3rd boss. but here the lack of dps killed us.

the encounter was:
arms warrior (i think)
rogue
shaman
hunter
priestes

we tried to CC different targets, and I was jumping from tanking to healing between the wipes....but we could not even manage to kill 1 mob.... so I guess very very bad dps... anyway, I will stick to my normal group after this fail (rogue instead of feral druid)
Cosmoz

Postby Mordinm » Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:17 pm

Cosmoz wrote:actualy got a combo today we dident manage to kill. maybe with my normal groups i usualy go with it would have been doable, but today we replaced a rogue for a feral druid.
So we had: warlock, tankadin, feral druid, priest, mage.
We also had pretty bad dps, witch was OK cuz we aoe'd every pull untill the 3rd boss. but here the lack of dps killed us.

the encounter was:
arms warrior (i think)
rogue
shaman
hunter
priestes

we tried to CC different targets, and I was jumping from tanking to healing between the wipes....but we could not even manage to kill 1 mob.... so I guess very very bad dps... anyway, I will stick to my normal group after this fail (rogue instead of feral druid)

The dps needed for the third boss is very low. Dps that can't do anything more then dps will cause huge problems on this fight though. Curse of tongues from the lock and a quick purge from your shaman stop the priestess healing dead. A quick frost nova or AoE fear stops the melee for a very long time. Hammer of justice and BoP are huge on this fight. A rank one frost bolt on the warrior or rogue means they spend forever getting to their target every time they switch target. There are a lot of reasons you can die to this fight; lack of dps isn’t one of them.

No doubt a rogue is much better then a feral to bring and you did get a very bad setup with the shaman and warrior but you still should have had at least 3 mobs constantly and reliably CC'ed. Tell your dps to pay attention and work at least as hard on controling the fight as they do on dps and this fight becomes pretty easy.
Mordinm

Postby Cosmoz » Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:54 pm

yea all is possible.... but belive me...our dps was stone dead, and prolly doing a lot more things from then just not doing DPS...
starting with 3 CC...... 1 min later, target skull (we tried both shaman and priest as first target) was still alive. and at this point healer was 110% focused on himself as most of the mobs around where hitting him. (hyjal geared + area gear. tried both gear sets) and he went down way to fast.

i mean...how can you NOT kill something in 1 min? I was healing like hell (got about 1200 healing in healing gear) and I was just thinking, what the hell is everyone doing? running around, yes. maintain CC, somewhat. DPS? what are they DPSing? I cant see anything getting hurt..... and man, we died like 6 or 7 times befor I called it a day.
(I dont need anything from the instance so iwont bother trying all day long)
Cosmoz

Postby Worldie » Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:13 pm

Btw for those who asked, the Blood Knights heal yes but... their heal is on cooldown. So it's 100% impossible to rely on those to heal :)
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Taeron » Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:38 am

This boss is all about control. DPS comes second, that's why tankadins are advised to always go to heal mode here. Personally I wouldn't run MgT without 2 CCers (usually mage and rogue).

And I try to reset the dungeon so that the naga and the shaman aren't both in the group. For the peace of mind than anything else, really. Having 1 demon in the group (hunter, engineer) makes you twice as useful since you can fear those now.

We always kill the priestess first, since she purges, heals and whatever else. Then we hit them one by one, leaving sheeped one for last.

If you need a more visual explanation check http://wow.kreatorij.si where a priest friend of mine posted a movie of this fight. Imagine - we did it with retri paladin, rogue and mage. Heh. Retri palas ftw!
Taeron

Previous

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics