Illidan's Shear Ability

Naj'entus, Supremus, Akama, Gorefiend, Gurtogg Bloodboil, RoS, Sharaz, Council, Illidan

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, fiend

Postby Worldie » Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:57 am

Anyone knows if there's a addon that tells you if the shear got dodged-parryed-block? I tend to go on pain whenever it's cast and that doesn't end until i don't say Shear appearing some seconds after.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Optics » Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:29 pm

OK, so I've been trolling through pages of info on these forums for illidan's shear. Alot of speculation, some fact, and a little confusion. Posts asking for a straight answer i've found are directed to read another forum yet finding it hard to read through all of that for the actual answer.

Your macro similar to the uncrush script macro as well but counts for shear.

With the standard 102.4% script macro, self buffed kings puts me at
109.065% avoidance
Also using palatank mod in which when applying holy shield puts me 6.66% over uncrush, still being over minus the base 5% miss, or is the defense mouse over % also applied to that?
So from what I read, you need 101.8 combined without the 5% base miss right? So if so, I'd be a t 103.065?

But your script macro for shear puts me at 97.586%

Is the macro wrong or am I just missing something?
Optics

Postby Worldie » Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:59 pm

You lose both the 5% base miss and the miss from defense, hence the removal of all that part from the standard equation.

If you check the difference
/script DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage("Need 101.8 combined avoidance for Shear. Currently at:",0.8,0.8,1)
/script DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage(GetDodgeChance()+GetBlockChance() + GetParryChance(),1,0.5,0)

/script DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage("Need 102.4 combined avoidance. Currently at:",0.8,0.8,1)
/script DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage(GetDodgeChance()+GetBlockChance() + GetParryChance() +5+(GetCombatRatingBonus(CR_DEFENSE_SKILL) + 20)*0.04,1,0.5,0)

The part subtracted
+5+(GetCombatRatingBonus(CR_DEFENSE_SKILL) + 20)*0.04,1,0.5,0)

Is the 5% base miss + the miss from defense
Last edited by Worldie on Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Optics » Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:15 pm

Ok, great. Thanks. Both base and defense miss %'s apply so I need a few more % to be safe from shear. Appreciate it.
Optics

Previous

Return to Black Temple