Remove Advertisements

How much HP for the BT tank in the good old days?

Naj'entus, Supremus, Akama, Gorefiend, Gurtogg Bloodboil, RoS, Sharaz, Council, Illidan

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, fiend

How much HP for the BT tank in the good old days?

Postby Slamdorff » Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:51 am

I was wondering what base HP the tanks, both warriors and tankadins had when entering BT/MH before all the free epics?

I first met Supremus at 16K HP, thx to badge rewards.
What did all the progression guild tanks run with a year ago?

The reason for the question:
Healers have had the same free upgrade, so if we're not all noobs, I should easily be able to scale down on HP and bump up threat (or avoidance) considerably for nicer trash/bosskills.

We already enjoy the ez-mode from badge gear. Though trying hard we never killed KT and Vashj, and in 3 weeks we are 4/5MH and 3/9BT with 3 raiding nights a week.

Looking forward to hearing from you all.

Cheers,

Slamdorff

PS: Yes, I know - HP is always good for survival. And I'm looking at Teron next:)
Slamdorff

Postby Worldie » Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:47 am

I remind being at 14k+ unbuffed, something like that. Bad luck with drops :<

I tanked supremus on our first kill with the grand total of 20k fullbuffed hp.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Loganb1104 » Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:17 am

I know this doesn't answer your original question, but I highly recommend that your guild goes back and kills Vashj and Kael before continuing in tier 6 content. If you can't take them down, you're probably going to struggle on the actually difficult fights in BT.

Congratulations on your progression so far, but TBH Al'ar is harder than the first three BT bosses, and the Hyjal trash is more difficult than the first four bosses.

Whatever you decide to do, good luck!
Loganb1104

Postby Cyberwaste » Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:36 am

Loganb1104 wrote:I know this doesn't answer your original question, but I highly recommend that your guild goes back and kills Vashj and Kael before continuing in tier 6 content. If you can't take them down, you're probably going to struggle on the actually difficult fights in BT.

Congratulations on your progression so far, but TBH Al'ar is harder than the first three BT bosses, and the Hyjal trash is more difficult than the first four bosses.

Whatever you decide to do, good luck!

I agree. Most guilds will go 3/9 BT and 3/5 Hyjal (at the very least) their first night in there. I believe someone from blizzard stated that this was done on purpose as a "congrats, you just killed two of the harder bosses in TBC - here's a few easy bosses and some free loot" type thing. Go back and kill Vashj and Kael - you'll be glad you did later on.

Also, to answer your question... I'd say the general HP range "back in the day" before the stam buff and badge gear for a prot paladin just entering BT would have been around 14-15k unbuffed. But also keep in mind that their spell damage would have been somewhat lower.
Cyberwaste

Postby Splug » Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:19 am

Loganb1104 wrote:you're probably going to struggle on the actually difficult fights in BT.
There were difficult fights in BT?

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:53 am

Maybe he meant "struggle to not fall asleep"
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Loganb1104 » Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:08 pm

You're telling me you one-shotted Bloodboil, RoS, Council, and Illidan?

Would "comparably difficult fights" have been better?

:-P
Obnauticus/Warlock/Mannoroth (main)
Oldtuna/Paladin/Nordrassil (alt)
Loganb1104

Postby sanctifico » Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:18 pm

13.5k base when i entered MH, 14.5k when i entered BT.
im now sitting at 17k base , and still need the illidan helm >.<

3/6 Sunwell Pre-Nerf.
sanctifico

Postby Warrender » Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:24 pm

I remember them more as the bad old days TBH. :(
Warrender
Maintankadonor

Postby Cyberwaste » Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:01 pm

Loganb1104 wrote:You're telling me you one-shotted Bloodboil, RoS, Council, and Illidan?

If I told you my guild one-shotted Council on the first attempt on them, would you believe me?

It's true, that fight is a snorefest.

edit: interestingly enough, we have wiped on them on our later kills once or twice.
Cyberwaste

Postby Worldie » Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:57 pm

Loganb1104 wrote:You're telling me you one-shotted Bloodboil, RoS, Council, and Illidan?

Oneshotted no, but all took just 1 day (illidan 3), which is extremely low compared to what fights in ssc and tk took (expecially vashj and kael)

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Blaen99 » Sat Apr 26, 2008 2:37 pm

Worldie wrote:

Oneshotted no, but all took just 1 day (illidan 3), which is extremely low compared to what fights in ssc and tk took (expecially vashj and kael)

Err, what?

Except for Kael/Vashj, my guild ran through SSC and TK 2 or 3 shotting the bosses...

One week to clear SSC FTL?
Blaen99

Postby Worldie » Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:59 pm

Well hydross took us 2 days <.<

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Blaen99 » Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:05 pm

Worldie wrote:Well hydross took us 2 days <.<

We 3-shot him ~.^. He's the only boss pre-Vashj that took us more than 2-shots....
Blaen99

Postby Worldie » Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:14 pm

Clearly your warriors or whatever hard some luck on hits... or prolly ours unluck on misses :)

Worldie
Global Mod

Next

Return to Black Temple