Remove Advertisements

Could I solo tank Kara?

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Could I solo tank Kara?

Postby Ashmadai » Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:21 am

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... n=Ashmadai

My usual druid OT isn't going to be there this Sunday and I want to know if I need to replace him or just take more DPS. Really the only things he tanks now are one of the adds on Moroes, Kil'rek on Illhoof, and sometimes a few trash mobs just for convenience.

Fully buffed with an imp I get up to almost 19k, with Commanding shout over 20k.
Ashmadai

Postby Snake-Aes » Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:29 am

You still want anything with platelike armor or shields for netherspite and Usher trash.

Actually a hunter would do on both cases, too, specially if he has deterrence(netherspite) and is at max range(usher trash)
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby 2ndNin » Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:38 am

Usher trash you can use a hunter ot, (or a rogue?) and have them feign death once you are blocked to return it.

Netherspite is harder, not really sure how to solo tank that fight tbh since you need a rotation for the 2nd red beam.
[url=http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightbringer&n=elyria]Armoury Link
[/url]
2ndNin

Postby Lunete » Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:30 am

For Netherspite if you have another paladin (healer) he can take one of the phases spamming hels on himself... worked pretty good for out group
Lunete

Postby Seloei » Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:37 am

netherspite you can just use 2 non-tanks but with high enough healthpools to take the first hit or two to rotate between the off-red phase. Say a evasion rogue or monkey hunter as first, and something else as second. Hunter's a bad idea since he will not be able to shoot tho
Seloei

Postby Ashmadai » Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:42 am

Thanks for the input. I think with some clever BoSac use the ice block guys wouldn't be so bad, but spite could be problematic. I will definitely have a DPS warrior there who could throw on a shield, but he's not all that stam geared. Oh well, I can probably get an OT anyway if I need one.
Ashmadai

Postby Rokh » Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:06 am

I solo tank kara.

For moros, I just BoS a hunter with 14kish hp (mostly s2-s3 pvp gear on)
for spite, I use 2 hunters for the red
and for ice we just burn them down and normaly dont get any deaths..

but with 1 tank, 2 heals, and 7 dps... man can you rape kara.. normaly takes us a little under 2 and a half hours.
Rokh

Postby Mordinm » Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:48 am

Ashmadai wrote:Thanks for the input. I think with some clever BoSac use the ice block guys wouldn't be so bad, but spite could be problematic. I will definitely have a DPS warrior there who could throw on a shield, but he's not all that stam geared. Oh well, I can probably get an OT anyway if I need one.

FYI the ice block from the ushers is less like a hunter's frezzing trap and more like the ice block the yeti's in winterspring do. Damage will not break you out of it. I've been ice blocked by one of them and had the other one still beating on me and not been broken out.
Mordinm

Postby ehly » Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:50 pm

Rokh wrote:I solo tank kara.

For moros, I just BoS a hunter with 14kish hp (mostly s2-s3 pvp gear on)
for spite, I use 2 hunters for the red
and for ice we just burn them down and normaly dont get any deaths..

but with 1 tank, 2 heals, and 7 dps... man can you rape kara.. normaly takes us a little under 2 and a half hours.

We have an open night last night due to a lot of factors. so I smacked toghter a guild-pug of kara so I could get my sister-inlaw some gear. Since she started playing again.

We didn't do 2 hrs, but we did make it in about 4 hrs. I mostly solo tanked most of it. I did bring along someone prot-pally alt to be the OT when needed. My spell damage nabbed aggro for most everything.

I think the funest part of speed kara for me, was seeing Dorthy drop so fast that Tito never even spawned. Nearly all our boss fights were about 2mins each.

So yup can nearly be solo'd tank besides the few things that force others to be hit. Like the Ice block. Note on those ice affect since I kept the threat ceiling so high they almost never went to the other pally. Our 2 healers had no problem healing the people that did 'tank' them.
ehly

Postby holysoldier » Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:09 pm

i solo tanked kara this week for the first time, we didn't do a full clear in 4 hrs but for having half our run full of first timers we didn't do to bad. for the ushers i was using free action potions http://www.wowhead.com/?item=5634 before they would cast ice block and i had living action potions http://www.wowhead.com/?item=20008 if one gets off.

note that if you use these you'll still have an aggro reduction so either have a hunter at max range be second and he can feign death or have a huge aggro lead. we did this and i let the hunter die one time:) bop'd him the second, i guess he didn't have feign death on his bars. the other 3 stayed on me the whole time.
Whatever you are, be a great one.
-Abe Lincoln
holysoldier

Return to Karazhan