Remove Advertisements

Illidari Council

Naj'entus, Supremus, Akama, Gorefiend, Gurtogg Bloodboil, RoS, Sharaz, Council, Illidan

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, fiend

Postby Dianora » Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:19 am

Splug wrote:Aye, as long as you have >10k health on the raid, envenom alone should not be lethal. And there's nothing you can do to prevent envenom, either. The rogue runs around for a set interval of time, drops some poison, and then after his stealth phase is over, he reappears. It is worth noting that he will reappear within X distance of where he cast vanish, meaning you can drag him off to a corner by himself and he'll always reappear a good distance away from anyone.

-Splug


I've given up trying to convince some of the mages on our raid that having 10k of health in this fight is a requirement. For some of them, giving up spell damage, spell hit and spell critical is too much in return for another 2k of health.
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Dianora
 
Posts: 1831
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:57 am
Location: Los Angeles

Postby Morganim » Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:27 am

Dianora wrote:
Splug wrote:Aye, as long as you have >10k health on the raid, envenom alone should not be lethal. And there's nothing you can do to prevent envenom, either. The rogue runs around for a set interval of time, drops some poison, and then after his stealth phase is over, he reappears. It is worth noting that he will reappear within X distance of where he cast vanish, meaning you can drag him off to a corner by himself and he'll always reappear a good distance away from anyone.

-Splug


I've given up trying to convince some of the mages on our raid that having 10k of health in this fight is a requirement. For some of them, giving up spell damage, spell hit and spell critical is too much in return for another 2k of health.


any mage not willing to get 10k health needs to be booted from the raid and taught a lesson
Morganim
 
Posts: 427
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:55 pm

Postby Hankthetank » Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:28 am

Dianora wrote:I've given up trying to convince some of the mages on our raid that having 10k of health in this fight is a requirement. For some of them, giving up spell damage, spell hit and spell critical is too much in return for another 2k of health.


I've found that a spot on the bench during a raid is a good motivator to get people to change.

Dead DPS = 0 DPS.
Image
Hankthetank
 
Posts: 558
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:05 am

Postby Dorvan » Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:15 pm

One nice tip from our 2nd kill tonight. We use the typical BoP on the mage pull, and we misdirect the pally to whoever's tanking him, but I'm on my own for picking up the rogue. I found it helpful to activate seal of righteousness just *after* the pull, so that the buff aggro made the rogue head straight for me. Not a huge deal, but it just made my life slightly easier.
Image

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
User avatar
Dorvan
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 8462
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:28 pm

Postby Dianora » Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:46 pm

Dorvan wrote:One nice tip from our 2nd kill tonight. We use the typical BoP on the mage pull, and we misdirect the pally to whoever's tanking him, but I'm on my own for picking up the rogue. I found it helpful to activate seal of righteousness just *after* the pull, so that the buff aggro made the rogue head straight for me. Not a huge deal, but it just made my life slightly easier.


I have my targeting macro on him so me getting him is not that hard.

/target Veras
/cast Judgement
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Dianora
 
Posts: 1831
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:57 am
Location: Los Angeles

Postby Lucit » Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:14 am

Dianora wrote:
Dorvan wrote:One nice tip from our 2nd kill tonight. We use the typical BoP on the mage pull, and we misdirect the pally to whoever's tanking him, but I'm on my own for picking up the rogue. I found it helpful to activate seal of righteousness just *after* the pull, so that the buff aggro made the rogue head straight for me. Not a huge deal, but it just made my life slightly easier.


I have my targeting macro on him so me getting him is not that hard.

/target Veras
/cast Judgement


Better: /cast Avenger's Shield
Lucit
 
Posts: 153
Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:21 pm

Postby Stroja » Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:16 am

Lucit wrote:
Dianora wrote:I have my targeting macro on him so me getting him is not that hard.

/target Veras
/cast Judgement


Better: /cast Avenger's Shield


Even better:

/targetexact Veras Darkshadow
/cast Judgement
/cast Avenger's Shield
Image
Stroja
 
Posts: 194
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:20 pm
Location: Ba weep grana weep nini bong

Postby Dorvan » Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:28 am

@Dianora:

Targetting him has never been a problem for me, I just found that the buff aggro made the pull even easier because it makes Veras run straight to me instead of me having to run to him. Before I started using the buff aggro I would just run in and judge like your macro suggests

I definitely use a macro for picking him up out of vanishes:

/canceltarget
/target Veras
/cast Avenger's Shield

but I've been a little reluctant to use AS on the pull because of the risk of bouncing to the mage or something unfortunate like that. The buff has worked very consistently for the initial pull, thenI use AS the rest of the fight to pick up after vanishes.
Image

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
User avatar
Dorvan
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 8462
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:28 pm

Postby Stroja » Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:34 am

Dorvan wrote:but I've been a little reluctant to use AS on the pull because of the risk of bouncing to the mage or something unfortunate like that. The buff has worked very consistently for the initial pull, thenI use AS the rest of the fight to pick up after vanishes.


I once bounced AS from the rogue to the pally - and predictably, it crit the paladin, and I ended up with both.

I don't use AS on the pull anymore =P
Image
Stroja
 
Posts: 194
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:20 pm
Location: Ba weep grana weep nini bong

Postby sanctifico » Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:22 pm

I still use AS, you can take a few hits from the pair, while the druid/warrior pulls it off.
Image

3/6 Sunwell Pre-Nerf.
sanctifico
 
Posts: 273
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:47 am
Location: Customer Services Exec.

Postby Alorianna » Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:15 am

I use AS on the pull, I just don't cast RF till after I toss my shield.

Also I tank the priest (my guild runs 2 prot paladins, both very similarly geared). Moving her is a royal pain, but you can do so sometimes immediately following an interupt. Kicks and the like don't seem to lock out her holy school, just stop the cast. Look for her "Imma slap you" stance and try to back up at that point.
Image
Alorianna
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Thu May 10, 2007 12:33 pm

Postby Janduin » Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:32 am

I just /use The Decapitator on the pull, solves all issues with Judgement range and AS grabbing other mobs. After that of course AS with JoB backup all the way, though I keep Decapitator equipped in case the magic shield is on the rogue when he reappears. Keeping the rogue on me > the small amount of avoidance I'd get using Suneater instead. It's not like the rogue tank is hard to heal anyway.

Edit: Sorry if this has been said before. I didn't reread the previous 10 pages before posting :)
Image
Janduin
 
Posts: 746
Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:57 am
Location: Geneva

Postby Dianora » Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:41 am

Dorvan wrote:@Dianora:

Targetting him has never been a problem for me, I just found that the buff aggro made the pull even easier because it makes Veras run straight to me instead of me having to run to him. Before I started using the buff aggro I would just run in and judge like your macro suggests

I definitely use a macro for picking him up out of vanishes:

/canceltarget
/target Veras
/cast Avenger's Shield

but I've been a little reluctant to use AS on the pull because of the risk of bouncing to the mage or something unfortunate like that. The buff has worked very consistently for the initial pull, thenI use AS the rest of the fight to pick up after vanishes.


If you don't have problem with targeting him, you shouldn't have problem judging the SoR on him.

We clear council again last night, and I didn't sat out this time. During the pull, I just run towards the stair and use the target judge macro and drag him towards the door. (I managed to side aggro the mage in one of our wipe when I somehow managed to out aggro our mage tank. On our successful kill, I have to tone down my threat rotation a bit just to give our mage tank more room to work with). I never use AS as I managed to pull mage with Judgement, Holy Shield, Blessing of Sanctuary (we have 2 paladin tanks last night), Consecration. and the consecration didn't hit the mage .

Once I got his initial attention, I can keep his attention with just holy shield and retribution aura.

To grab him when he reappear, i always run toward the center of the room (blizzard/flame strike permits) and look towards the entrance. I keep an eye out on the cooldown of vanish and spam the target macro with about 3 seconds to go. I usually managed to grab him with time to spare.
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Dianora
 
Posts: 1831
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:57 am
Location: Los Angeles

Postby Dorvan » Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:27 am

As I said before....it's not a huge issue, as running in and dropping a judgment works fine. As least the way we do it, Gaithos gets MD'ed to a tank on the right as soon as the mage pulls, which is the absence of anything else means that the rogue is starting the fight running towards the right when I want him to be going to the left. Still not a problem to run up to him and get him going the right direction, but I like making him meet me halfway :P
Image

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
User avatar
Dorvan
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 8462
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:28 pm

Postby sanctifico » Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:09 am

Janduin wrote:Keeping the rogue on me > the small amount of avoidance I'd get using Suneater instead. It's not like the rogue tank is hard to heal anyway.


Why oh why do i see "Suneater" in that post. /wrists.

I detest seeing Tankadins without propper weapons, Decapitator is a good idea for this fight, but using the sun-eater anywhere, any time as a tankadin is the hight of fail.
Image

3/6 Sunwell Pre-Nerf.
sanctifico
 
Posts: 273
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:47 am
Location: Customer Services Exec.

PreviousNext

Return to Black Temple

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


Remove Advertisements

Who is online

In total there are 0 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 0 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests