Official Maintankadin IRC/Maintankadin Wiki

Invisusira's playground

Moderators: Aergis, Invisusira

Postby thorn » Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:47 am

Supernose wrote:How does this Mibbit thing work? I'm bored at work and feel like messing around with something other than the forums.

well.

you start with a

then add a pinch of

and finally, a dash of

serving size: one.
thorn
Maintankadonor

Postby Supernose » Sat May 03, 2008 4:20 am

Hmmm, I can connect, but no one is ever there. Oh well.
Supernose

Postby sanctifico » Thu May 15, 2008 5:43 am

i r will joineth tonight - gS`Maz, im on everynight, never noticed the chan before :p

3/6 Sunwell Pre-Nerf.
sanctifico

Postby mazater » Fri May 16, 2008 4:08 am

Sorry for the bans people, quakenet fucked things up.

I think I removed all of the bans, if not feel free to cry on my shoulder and we'll fix things.
mazater

Postby Pizbit » Fri May 16, 2008 4:22 am

Supernose wrote:Hmmm, I can connect, but no one is ever there. Oh well.

Double check you're joining the right channel etc.

Also may have ended up on the wrong side of a netsplit, trick to that is try reconnect and see if people show up, or wait it out.
I have ADHD and OCD...I keep forgetting to wash my hands.
Pizbit

Postby Eneru » Sat May 24, 2008 3:31 pm

"As a preventative measure against abuse, all users from *.rima-tde.net are now required to run ident (and have port 113 open). This is due to an increased amount of abuse from this host.."

mmm what? :?
Eneru

Postby mazater » Sun May 25, 2008 10:55 pm

Eneru wrote:"As a preventative measure against abuse, all users from *.rima-tde.net are now required to run ident (and have port 113 open). This is due to an increased amount of abuse from this host.."

mmm what? :?

What IRC client are you using and what's your connection like?

If you have a direct internet connection (no sharing or firewalling that you know of):

- If you use a PC or Mac IRC client like mIRC, PIRCH, or Ircle, it has identd built in already. In mIRC, check to make sure it is enabled: Alt-O | Connect | Identd, check all 3 boxes. Ircle and Snak's identd is always on. If identd is on and doesn't work, you have sharing or firewall issues.

If you share or firewall your internet connection:

- Windows XP has a built-in Internet Connection Firewall (ICF) which breaks identd and DCC. See Microsoft's help page for how to disable it.

- The proper networking fix is to open up incoming TCP/IP on port 113 for identd and a range of unprivileged ports above 1024 for DCC, and redirect traffic on those ports to your local IP number behind the firewall. (By default, mIRC uses random ports in the 1024-5000 range for DCC, but you can constrain that to something like 1024-1034 in the DCC options, and open up those same ports in the firewall.) Exactly how all this is done depends on your firewall.
mazater

Postby mazater » Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:36 am

Bump, oneone!!!1111eleven

Seriously though, I've been asked a lot lately about IRC and things related, so I decided to make this shizzle. (Pardon me for my poor english, I'm a native finn.)

What is IRC?
Internet Relay Chat (IRC) is a form of real-time Internet chat or synchronous conferencing. It is mainly designed for group communication in discussion forums called channels, but also allows one-to-one communication via private message, as well as chat and data transfers via Direct Client-to-Client.

Beginners guide

IRC clients:

*mIRC(Windows 95/98/ME/NT/2k/XP/Vista)
*X-Chat(Both Linux and Windows)
*ViRC(Windows)
*Ircle(Macintosh)
*IrcII(Most Unix platforms)

mIRC is by far the most popular IRC client for windows, Ircle for Mac, X-Chat for Linux. (According to my sources)

More clients for different platforms can be found here.
(Notice that some of the clients there are utter sh* and should be avoided.)

Web IRC clients

Web/browser based IRC clients are used in work/school or wherever your firewall migth block ordinary IRC clients. (Notice that some server providers do not allow web IRC clients to be used on their servers)

Web Irc
CGI:IRC
Webchat

Other IRC related stuff

NNScript
NoNameScript is an enhancement for the most popular of all IRC clients for Windows, mIRC. While easy to use, it is aimed at the more experienced IRC user that wants more control over what is happening on IRC and, eventually, his channel.

Nordicbots
#NordicBots provides channelkeeperbots, statsbots and other kind of botservices for free for the users on the network, only at Quakenet though.

PS. Do not use IRC scripts and other such things blindly, they migth cause your computer to be wtfowned.

PPS. If somebody knows how I can get Armorybot to a channel, please do tell. (Armorybot pulls data from wow eu&us armories and pastes it directly to the channel in question.)

Having Problems?

Check here for the most common connection issues and how to fix them.
It haven't been updated in 4 years, but should still be of help, except for Vista and other newer stuff.

mIRC help.
Also rather old article but still useful.

IrcII help.
Also rather old article but still useful.
mazater

Postby Worldie » Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:02 am

So anyone knows a "effective" way to make Irc work through proxy, supposing i have no way to access the server?
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Invisusira » Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:04 am

feed it pringles
Invisusira

Postby Pizbit » Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:05 am

Invisusira wrote:feed it pringles

gief
I have ADHD and OCD...I keep forgetting to wash my hands.
Pizbit

Postby Invisusira » Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:06 am

OM NOM NOM NOM
Invisusira

Postby mazater » Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:22 am

Worldie wrote:So anyone knows a "effective" way to make Irc work through proxy, supposing i have no way to access the server?

If I got your question right, you want a "bouncer". (No, it doesn't bounce if you poke it with a stick)

"An IRC proxy is a program that connects to any number of IRC servers. You can then use an IRC client to connect to the proxy and use those servers. When you disconnect your client, the proxy stays connected to the IRC server. "

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bouncer_(IRC)

I personally don't use one, but a quick google search gave me a rather good looking free bouncer.

http://www.jibble.org/jbouncer/
mazater

Postby Worldie » Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:31 am

No, when i'm at university i use a proxy-connection, so i got only one port open and can use only that one.

I tried to configure mIrc for Proxy but i failed horribly on it, so i'd need a guide or explanation.

For what it matters i can only use the 8080 port (web and msn port)
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Vanifae » Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:18 pm

Strange things happen in mIRC.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

PreviousNext

Return to Arkham Asylum