Gurtogg bloodboil

Naj'entus, Supremus, Akama, Gorefiend, Gurtogg Bloodboil, RoS, Sharaz, Council, Illidan

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, fiend

Postby Balsimar » Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:35 pm

Worldie wrote:500 buffed i've usually got there.

I was closer to 425~450 since I was trying to favor avoidance some. Perhaps that was my problem.

Edit: How is your group comp? Are you in a 'melee' group with the other tanks, or are you pulled out to a wrath of air group? If so, is that in addition to your 500, or with? (500+100=600 or 400+100=500)
Balsimar

Postby Worldie » Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:30 pm

My party is usually lock shaman (using wf or goa) tank tank

i ask the shaman to drop wrath of air when they use bloodlust tho

edit: i do use JoCR for what it matters
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Balsimar » Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:45 pm

Worldie wrote:My party is usually lock shaman (using wf or goa) tank tank

i ask the shaman to drop wrath of air when they use bloodlust tho

edit: i do use JoCR for what it matters

Perfect, thanks.

We use a ret paladin, so I get a free improved JotC. :D
Balsimar

Postby Enkal » Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:56 pm

Our GM and raidleader recently respeced shockadin, I've become addicted to sancticity aura ever since. ^^ (He refused to put our ret pally in the tank group to maximise DPS. :( )

Sanc aura and JotC helps alot on this fight! A bit too much sometimes.

Btw we tank him at the waterfalls, when you BoP... where do you run? Towards where he stands at the start, up the ramp, in the raid (prolly not an option ;) )?
Enkal

Postby Io.Draco » Sat Apr 19, 2008 2:53 am

Enkal wrote:Our GM and raidleader recently respeced shockadin, I've become addicted to sancticity aura ever since. ^^ (He refused to put our ret pally in the tank group to maximise DPS. :( )

Sanc aura and JotC helps alot on this fight! A bit too much sometimes.

Btw we tank him at the waterfalls, when you BoP... where do you run? Towards where he stands at the start, up the ramp, in the raid (prolly not an option ;) )?

to his sides
Io.Draco

Postby Aramadin » Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:40 am

Tanking is pretty much sorted with the tools i bring to the table.

The only issue we have is mages getting wtfkilled. Anyone got any tips?
Aramadin

Postby Oriax » Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:00 am

We did our first try's on him last night, I hadn't read here about him first since we never though we would get Teron down first night there.
Since we did, we had time for 2-3 tries on Bloodboil and without proper info I went all out usual rotation and left the other tanks waaay behind, which wasn't good at all. Threat really skyrockets there, way more than I was expecting with the avoidance-set of gear I was using.
Next time will be better hopefully with some really nice help from this thread/forum.

So, as I've come to understand this fight. Reading through page after page of good info:

Let Warr go first as MT(usually 2 prot-warr's and me in raid, +drood dps'ing, tanking if only one warr).

He does his thing and at around 4-6 debuffs he stops attacking, or even drop target on Bb letting the other tanks catch up and take over(hopefully) at around 9-10 stacks.
If that's not working I can BoP him and he moves out to get that 130% threshold and stays there awhile after BoP has run out. Both OT's go all out to pass threat of the BoP'd one.

Whoever gets aggro, pulls some threat-abilities to gain alittle lead, then rinse repeat what the first one did.

That about correctly understood ? Try and get perhaps 2-3 hunters in raid to help out with MD if that should get necessary, and just to ease switches maybe.
I know others have asked similar "conclusions" but it always feels safer to have it truly confirmed before one stands infront of boss again.
Last edited by Oriax on Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oriax

Postby Warrender » Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:24 am

Aramadin wrote:Tanking is pretty much sorted with the tools i bring to the table.

The only issue we have is mages getting wtfkilled. Anyone got any tips?

Have clothies equip PVP gear if they keep getting pwned. Healers just need to be quick to switch healing targets and to know they need to throw out their big heals in this fight. Having a Disc Priest for Pain Suppression helps for this fight.
Warrender
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:44 am

Target of target macro help a lot for this fight. Just tab to target gurtogg and mindless spam.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Lockdown » Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:02 pm

Worldie wrote:Target of target macro help a lot for this fight. Just tab to target gurtogg and mindless spam.

I have to quote this. I´m using target´s target macros for nearly 2 years now and they are an invaluable tool to help improving your reaction time to incoming dmg.

On some encounters, like Zuljin for example u just target zuljin and then spamheal his target in phase 4. Or Winterchill, when he targets his target for his ice tomb for just 1 second u can fire your heal off right in that moment and it lands as fast as a heal can possibly land.

Dont know who to heal in a BG? just target that S3 sword wielding warrior and pump your heals out =)

just my 2 cents ^^
I can only recommend those macros to anyone out there (same is true for mouseovers)
Lockdown

Postby Balsimar » Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:52 am

I wasn't even supposed to be in the raid last night, but got pulled in just as they were heading towards gurtogg, since the MT/GM got called away.

First attempt, they insisted on having me be the first tank up, things went well except our warrior couldn't keep up in threat, so when i had to bubble to clear aggro/stacks (had 18 on me) and gurtogg went to our druid, who immediatly got ejected, gurtogg decided to pwn the raid.

Second attempt, we convinced them to MD to the warrior for the opening pull. Things were going great, then a healer died immediately after getting fel enraged.

Third attempt was textbook. MD to warrior, druid and I shot up to maintain secondary and tetriary threat. Tank handoffs were perfect, everyone survived the enrages. Guild first kill. woot!

I thank those who provided info in this thread. I was initially lowering SD on previous attempts, so that I did not out-threat the other tanks. For the attempts last night, I went with my normal spell damage (about 530 buffed) and simply did nothing but Rank 1 HS when I had aggro, so that they could overtake me. It worked like a charm, and I had zero issues with OT threat.
Balsimar

Postby herjia82 » Wed May 07, 2008 1:12 am

I tanked him by me being the first tank. Without realising that our OT can't keep up with the threat, RL asked me to bubble during the first fel rage when I have 15 stacks of debuff.

Subsequently, I am getting BoP and I run out to 30% aggro range after every fel rage. Yet, BB still comes back to me after each BoP ends and so I dont get any chance to drop off those debuff. I died when I had 35 stacks of debuff on me when BB was on 4%. Luckily, phase 2 starts 3s after I died and a rogue got fel rage. :P Lucky.. so lucky.
herjia82

Postby Balsimar » Wed May 07, 2008 8:48 am

herjia82 wrote:I tanked him by me being the first tank. Without realising that our OT can't keep up with the threat, RL asked me to bubble during the first fel rage when I have 15 stacks of debuff.

You should really save your bubble until just before the stacks become overwhelming. It's like an instant reset button. :)
Balsimar

Postby Dorvan » Wed May 07, 2008 11:27 am

Balsimar wrote:
herjia82 wrote:I tanked him by me being the first tank. Without realising that our OT can't keep up with the threat, RL asked me to bubble during the first fel rage when I have 15 stacks of debuff.

You should really save your bubble until just before the stacks become overwhelming. It's like an instant reset button. :)

I usually bubble at 12-15 stacks near the beginning of the fight. Sure I've gotten up to as many as 26 stack before, but at those kinds of numbers you're really just praying....if it's early in the fight you want to bubble well before you're in range of an unlucky instagib.

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Splug » Wed May 07, 2008 12:01 pm

If you start getting up to 20+ stacks of acidic wound, the bigger concern is probably going to be the other tanks being next on threat. Without taking damage from the DoT to refuel their rage/mana, OT's can fall behind, and it leaves damage at a fairly low threat cap in p1's. It is possible to hold Gurtogg through the knock away, but the bewildering strike means that it's absolutely essential to keep at least one OT high on threat (and the risk of disorient -> knock away means keeping two on top is much advisable).

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
Splug
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to Black Temple