Tier 4 2-piece Set Bonus

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

Tier 4 2-piece Set Bonus

Postby Prepared » Wed Jul 25, 2007 2:27 pm

Thanks to Blizzard's history of vague tooltips - and I was heading out the door, so I can't test this myself - but... does the two-piece set bonus give the bonus damage to just the Seal damage, or also to the Judgment of those same Seals?

It's more or less for theorycrafting purposes.
"Judgement day's not coming soon enough."

Defense < 490 = Healing gear or Hydross gear.
Prepared

Postby Bosutei » Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:35 am

I'd like to know this as well.
Bosutei

Postby Tauxalot » Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:05 am

From what I have seen, it's just the seal's damage.
BEWBZ or GTFO
Tauxalot

Postby Cragus » Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:01 am

From blizzard history we also know that they have crap set bonus designs and when you get a really good one it will one be lost due to better gear, They should get rid of them and boost gear stats or make them choosable or something from a pool of different ones.
Cragus

Postby Baelor » Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:27 am

Man what is up with this. Lore gets a DKPSig and now it's the in thing? :P
Just kidding

Pretty sure it's just the seal's damage, not the judgment as well. I'll try to keep an eye on the numbers though.
I am the light that brings the dawn.
Something Wicked this way comes.
Formerly: Baelor of Runetotem-US (2006-2007) | Cathmor of Malfurion-US (2007-2010)
Follow me on Twitter
Baelor

Postby Prepared » Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:23 am

Baelor wrote:Man what is up with this. Lore gets a DKPSig and now it's the in thing? :P
Just kidding

Pretty sure it's just the seal's damage, not the judgment as well. I'll try to keep an eye on the numbers though.

I bet a lot of people didn't know the URL until now.

I used to use that other one, but it seems like every other week I need to remake it. F that. :P

On-topic: That sucks. I'd almost rather switch it with the Retribution set bonus for +15% to JotC damage. If that's calculated after my Libram of Zeal, and Imp. JotC (which I have), it'd be hot.

Prepared

Postby Lore » Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:48 am

Baelor wrote:Man what is up with this. Lore gets a DKPSig and now it's the in thing?

It's just a coincidence, I definitely haven't used my powers of mind control (which I definitely don't have, by the way) to coerce the entire Maintankadin community into slowly replicating my every action until I have an unstoppable, unkillable army of Paladin tanks with which I can control the western world.

Yep, definitely just a coincidence, not that other thing.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Baelor » Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:56 am

Lore wrote:
Baelor wrote:Man what is up with this. Lore gets a DKPSig and now it's the in thing?

It's just a coincidence, I definitely haven't used my powers of mind control (which I definitely don't have, by the way) to coerce the entire Maintankadin community into slowly replicating my every action until I have an unstoppable, unkillable army of Paladin tanks with which I can control the western world.

Yep, definitely just a coincidence, not that other thing.

Lies! You're mobilizing your forces before the gathering storm. It has been foreseen.

I dunno Flolah, I like the 10% to seal bonus. With Reckoning up and an extra 10% tacked onto my seal procs, that's a nice boost to threat. I calculated it out exactly once, but I lost it...

Plus, you don't always judge Crusader on a boss. If you've got a threat lead, you can use Wisdom and give the mages a chance to catch up - and if you do, the Crusader bonus goes out the window. A ret paladin is almost always going to judge Crusader for the crit bonus though.
I am the light that brings the dawn.
Something Wicked this way comes.
Formerly: Baelor of Runetotem-US (2006-2007) | Cathmor of Malfurion-US (2007-2010)
Follow me on Twitter
Baelor

Postby Prepared » Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:35 am

Baelor wrote:I dunno Flolah, I like the 10% to seal bonus. With Reckoning up and an extra 10% tacked onto my seal procs, that's a nice boost to threat. I calculated it out exactly once, but I lost it...

Plus, you don't always judge Crusader on a boss. If you've got a threat lead, you can use Wisdom and give the mages a chance to catch up - and if you do, the Crusader bonus goes out the window. A ret paladin is almost always going to judge Crusader for the crit bonus though.

I rarely, rarely switch to Wisdom, really. No fight has me so mana-starved I can't pop a mana potion (Void Reaver comes to mind) and unless I'm being hit, I don't generate enough threat with Wisdom up on him to be able to keep up with our two Druids and the Warrior.

I do believe there should be some kind of option, but I can picture that mechanic being very clunky and buggy.

Prepared

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations