Al'ar: Does Divine Shield Remove Melt Armor?

A'lar, Void Reaver, Solarian, Kael'thas

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Al'ar: Does Divine Shield Remove Melt Armor?

Postby honorshammer » Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:21 am

I was thinking of suggesting myself as one of the tanks for him. Does Divine Shield Remove Melt Armor?
honorshammer

Re: Al'ar: Does Divine Shield Remove Melt Armor?

Postby guillex » Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:24 am

Honorshammer wrote:I was thinking of suggesting myself as one of the tanks for him. Does Divine Shield Remove Melt Armor?

Don't think so. You're going to need a couple of tanks for him, and a pickup rotation when the current tank gets melt armor on 'em.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Aleriya » Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:57 pm

It does remove melt armor. There were a couple of times where I solo tanked Al'ar for a couple of minutes using that trick, after other tanks had died. I only killed a rogue or two :oops:

Paladins can also BoP to force a tank transition if there is a taunt resist. That is also a handy trick.
Aleriya

Postby Moby » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:13 am

Does BoP'ing the tank remove the melt armor debuff? (I'm an add tank during the fight, but it might be useful to be able to remove the melt armor from one of the MTs)
Moby

Postby Dorvan » Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:07 pm

I haven't tested it, but it's a fire effect so I'd assume BoP doesn't remove it:

http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=35410

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Aleriya » Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:46 pm

Nah, BoP won't remove it.

Another handy trick: In phase one, paladins can taunt Al'ar from range, and because Al'ar can't move, he'll just turn and look at you without attacking anyone. If you get a couple of holy paladins to join in you can stop him from attacking for most of the phase ;) If nothing else, it's worth the reaction of the holy paladins. "Wait, you want me to taunt what?!"
Aleriya

Postby Invisusira » Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:12 am

Aleriya wrote:Nah, BoP won't remove it.

Another handy trick: In phase one, paladins can taunt Al'ar from range, and because Al'ar can't move, he'll just turn and look at you without attacking anyone. If you get a couple of holy paladins to join in you can stop him from attacking for most of the phase ;) If nothing else, it's worth the reaction of the holy paladins. "Wait, you want me to taunt what?!"

Well, it's not so much that since he hits for like nothing, it's that if he's not NEXT to someone, he's do a tasty Flame Buffet.

And yes, Bubble removes melt armor.
Invisusira

Postby Aleriya » Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:14 am

You still have the tanks up there, so no Flame Buffets :) You've got all the melee dps in range too.

Al'ar doesn't hit very hard, but I'd never turn down damage prevention *shrug* You can have rogues and dps warriors tanking Al'ar using this method, if needed.

Also, it helps the warriors/druids build threat. If you've got a warrior at 100% threat and a caster at 150% threat, the paladin can taunt from the floor, and then the warrior can taunt Al'ar from the paladin. Voila, mega threat for Mr. Warrior. It helps save our shadow priest from getting aggro in phase 2.
Aleriya

Postby Boomtank » Tue May 06, 2008 12:47 pm

bubble removes pretty much anything in a boss incounter except sleep/stun against mograin and in the illidan fight when you gain the shadow bubble
Boomtank

Return to Tempest Keep