Remove Advertisements

Karazhan - Opera Event

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Karazhan - Opera Event

Postby Aergis » Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:51 pm

These fights are too long and complex to type out the full description of what happens, so I'm only going to cover the pallytank specific parts. Check on wowwiki.com for the full fight description.

Romulo and Julienne
It's far better for a pally to tank Romulo and non-pally to tank Julienne. He attacks fast which plays to our benefit, and Julienne is just a bitch. She spends most of her time casting and very rarely melees, so holy shield is almost worthless on her for threat. Romulo can hit decently and fast, so again dodge heavy is a good idea here. Also, having a warrior on Julienne gives a second spell interupt which helps for when she casts a heal. Some people think that a warrior's disarm is better for Romulo, but in the times we've tried it, it doesn't make a huge difference and our war was having a hard time getting it to stick anyway, so we abandoned that strat.

Julliene will come first, then Romulo, then both at the same time. When they res for phase 3, they will have wiped agro, so pick it up fast. Helps to stand near their body before the res for proximity agro as well.

Big Bad Wolf
There's nothing really to explain tanking in this fight, except that he chases people around and you can't do anyhting about it. Have your group plan out their run paths before starting, and tank him in a far corner with casters as far away as possible. You can also bubble during your "red riding hood" debuff and continue tanking, but it may wear off before the debuff does, so get ready to be running.

Wizard of Oz
This is similar to Moroes in that the Crone ( witch ) will be the MT target and the rest will be CC'd, feared, kited, or OT'd. Fire mage can scorch kite strawman, lock chain-fear the lion ( roar ), tank tinman in the far corner for 15%, then he'll be easily kited by a frost mage ( don't build up TOO much agro ). Tito is tankable and pretty easy, we kill him last. Dorothee is untankable and needs to be dps'd down first.

After they are all dead, the crone will spawn. You have a few seconds to grab a drink here, so use it. She has a chain lightning, helps if casters spread out. She also summons a tornado that will move around the outside of the stage. While tanking pay close attention to where it is, and position her so you and the melee dps behind her wont get hit by it. Overall this event is the easiest, imo.
Aergis
Site Admin

Consecrate!

Postby Rysque » Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:08 pm

When tanking Romulo, I find dropping a well-timed Consecrate near where he respawns to be a great way to pick him up.
Rysque

Re: Consecrate!

Postby DracAlexstrasza » Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:32 pm

Rysque wrote:When tanking Romulo, I find dropping a well-timed Consecrate near where he respawns to be a great way to pick him up.

Also, make sure nobody has DoTs on him when he "dies" the first time... because they will stay on him despite his "death". SoV DoTs work nice because of this. ^_^
Drac - Paladin - 70 - Alexstrasza
DracAlexstrasza

Postby Arcand » Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:43 pm

Having faced R&J exactly once I don't know if this actually works...but it seems like Mind-Numbing poison would be a big help on Julie. Her casts are very quick and if your warriors/magi/rogues have less-than-perfect connections it's easy to miss an interrupt.
Arcand

Postby Lore » Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:53 pm

Arcand wrote:Having faced R&J exactly once I don't know if this actually works...but it seems like Mind-Numbing poison would be a big help on Julie. Her casts are very quick and if your warriors/magi/rogues have less-than-perfect connections it's easy to miss an interrupt.

It does, as does Curse of Tongues.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Jensaarai » Tue Apr 17, 2007 4:05 pm

Lore wrote:
Arcand wrote:Having faced R&J exactly once I don't know if this actually works...but it seems like Mind-Numbing poison would be a big help on Julie. Her casts are very quick and if your warriors/magi/rogues have less-than-perfect connections it's easy to miss an interrupt.

It does, as does Curse of Tongues.

ah, thanks.

I like tanking BBW with SoV, it helps with the aggro wipe after the RRH debuff.
Jensaarai - 85 Prot Paladin (Lost Isles - US)
Endüre - 85 Prot Warrior (Lost Isles - US)
Jensaarai

Postby Kathryn » Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:47 am

Oh BTW, you can Put Blessing of Prot on the Red riding hood, That way he'll be invincible to the BBW and still have aggro.. definatly save a bad kiter or your main healer when he gets it.

If you get it you can Bubble, you are still gonna be the Red Riding hood and have aggro but you wont take any dmg.
Kathryn

Postby Lore » Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:27 am

Note that if you DS (and possibly BoP, though I don't need to use it much), you lose the extra speed benefit of the red riding hood debuff, so if you pop it too early you won't be able to kite him for the rest of the duration.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby kurros » Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:23 am

Lore wrote:Note that if you DS (and possibly BoP, though I don't need to use it much), you lose the extra speed benefit of the red riding hood debuff, so if you pop it too early you won't be able to kite him for the rest of the duration.

I think they are changing that in 2.1
kurros

Postby Nebuchadneza » Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:33 pm

Romulo and Julienne
It's far better for a pally to tank Romulo and non-pally to tank Julienne. He attacks fast which plays to our benefit, and Julienne is just a bitch. She spends most of her time casting and very rarely melees, so holy shield is almost worthless on her for threat. Romulo can hit decently and fast, so again dodge heavy is a good idea here.

We finally saw this event last night after weeks and weeks of the other two events. I was a little apprehensive of tanking Romulo (but really keen ;)) and our MT Warrior was required for spell interupts on Julienne. It was pretty straight forward and we one-shotted the event :). I didn't check the logs but I don't think he was more difficult to tank or harder hitting than those robots after the Curator. I have the pocketwatch from Moroes so there is a nice little bit of dodge loving breathing space for the healers.

Wizard of Oz
After they are all dead, the crone will spawn. You have a few seconds to grab a drink here, so use it.

We found that when we kill the Tin Man last, I just judge a wisdom on him and all casters wand him until everyone is at full mana and health. It's probably not necessary, but at this point there isn't really any way possible to lose against The Crone.
Nebuchadneza

Postby anariana » Thu May 31, 2007 6:24 am

Is it still possible to bubble on BBW? I've been told that it doesn't work for some reason
anariana

Postby Lore » Thu May 31, 2007 8:01 am

You can bubble, but you'll lose the runspeed buff when you do, so be careful to not use it before you need to.
Lore
Global Mod

Heh

Postby Mavrix » Thu May 31, 2007 8:16 am

We even do R&J backwards over half the time just because we can and have me tank Jul while the warrior tanks Rom. Still no problems. It's more about everyone in the group knowing what to do and being on top of their game. I will say the pally on Rom makes much more sense so the warrior can spell interrupt Jul, but if you have rogues to kick, curse of tonges, etc. all in place and functioning the shield bash isn't necessary by any stretch (in other words you could do this fight with 2x pally or pally+druid no problem).
If necessity is the mother of invention, laziness must be the father.

Mavrix

Dalaran

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... n&n=Mavrix
Mavrix

Return to Karazhan