Flames of Azzinoth tanking gear

Naj'entus, Supremus, Akama, Gorefiend, Gurtogg Bloodboil, RoS, Sharaz, Council, Illidan

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, fiend

Postby knaughty » Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:11 pm

If you have 480 defence, you're getting crit, you're just not noticing, coz you're getting lucky and resisting them all.

If you've been doing it for months, your guild also overgears the encounter, making it easier to cover a 10k spike.

But you wouldn't tank any other boss with 480 defence, why tank these ones?

I didn't bother to save the log, but mine clearly showed something like this:

Flame crits you for >15k, <2k resisted

On a progression kill, a >13k spike is going to kill the flame tank, and it's the tank's fault, not the healers.

I don't understand why people are having trouble getting uncrit. I did it with almost no Hyjal/BT gear equipped, and no chromatic resistance flask. Get a resilience piece! I have 209 lifetime PvP kills. Check my armory if you don't believe me. I didn't have the T-5 attunement ring either.

All I did to hit the cap was get the Signet of Eternal Life from ZA. You could also do it by getting a Timelapse Shard from exalted CoTime rep.
This isn't the "Offtankadin" forum. My MoP FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/FAQ-5-0
- Knaughty.
knaughty
Maintankadonor

Location: Sydney, plotting my next diatribe against the forces of ignorance!

Postby Averroes » Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:22 pm

Ok did it today I didn't have a problem with the fire or anything. The only thing I had a problem with was the laser beam >< I really need to work on it.
Averroes

Postby Jensaarai » Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:36 pm

It's easy as hell to get capped FR and close to uncrittable with a good amount of HP.

4 piece badge / torn heart / mag ring

364 FR, uncrittable with libram proc (or a few fractions of a percent off), and 20k+ HP.

You just gotta try hard enough and think outside the box ^_- resilience is your friend.
Jensaarai - 85 Prot Paladin (Lost Isles - US)
Endüre - 85 Prot Warrior (Lost Isles - US)
Jensaarai

Postby Morganim » Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:11 pm

I have never been uncrittable except for our first attempt and never died from pure flame damage. 1 beam hit and a couple of flame enrages in a few months.

When i was gearing up i got fr capped and got uncrittable, this meant wearing a pvp belt (resiliance), using my old kara shield (had za + bt trash ones so no defense) blue + defense trinket etc etc. my threat was so-so.

I decided fuck that, put on all my FR gear, then the rest of my gear maxing stam and +dmg ie mh mace, bt shield, 2 stam cards etc had about 440ish defense and 15 res to chest and za timed ring. so was a good .5% off uncrittable. Much better tps which allowed dps to go balls to walls from the start + a lot more hp.

Yes ive been crit, but never have they been noticable.
Morganim

Postby Averroes » Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:42 am

Oh I did this with out having fire cap resist I had like 335+uncritable I think, but then again my guilds healers have full t6 no prob keeping me up.
Averroes

Postby Morganim » Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:56 am

Averroes wrote:Oh I did this with out having fire cap resist I had like 335+uncritable I think, but then again my guilds healers have full t6 no prob keeping me up.

bad
bad
bad
bad
bad

the thing you want most is capped FR, my healers are all in t6 i still wouldnt do it without capped FR.

lose some defense or block for a FR ring etc
Morganim

Postby Sielanas » Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:35 am

Silly question, but I can't find the answer. The flames, when they hit, I understand the resistance, I know it can be dodged. Can it be parried? I'm trying to pump up my gear with every bit I can, and choosing between pieces, wondering if having any parry is really worth it.

And am I wrong for thinking of using the 20sta/res glyph from SSO? I'm getting close on FR, but haven't done a full TankPoints check to see how close I am.
Sielanas

Postby Worldie » Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:45 am

Ye you can parry em.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Averroes » Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:37 pm

Morganim wrote:
Averroes wrote:Oh I did this with out having fire cap resist I had like 335+uncritable I think, but then again my guilds healers have full t6 no prob keeping me up.

bad
bad
bad
bad
bad

the thing you want most is capped FR, my healers are all in t6 i still wouldnt do it without capped FR.

lose some defense or block for a FR ring etc

Eh there really wasnt a problem with out having max fire resist but getting killed by the eye beam.
Averroes

Postby Sielanas » Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:49 pm

Ok, I'm sitting at 325 FR, .88% crittable. Do I go for the FR glyph, flame armor kits, or more resist gems? I know I need a FR cloak still, so that will ease it in the future. I've got a fair amount of gem slots that I might be filling with green +def gems for the time being.
Sielanas

Postby knaughty » Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:11 pm

Sielanas wrote:Ok, I'm sitting at 325 FR, .88% crittable. Do I go for the FR glyph, flame armor kits, or more resist gems? I know I need a FR cloak still, so that will ease it in the future. I've got a fair amount of gem slots that I might be filling with green +def gems for the time being.

FR Glyph, Libram of Tenacity on legs. +20 each, bang, you're at the cap.

FR Cap first, then uncrit without gimping stam, then stam.
This isn't the "Offtankadin" forum. My MoP FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/FAQ-5-0
- Knaughty.
knaughty
Maintankadonor

Location: Sydney, plotting my next diatribe against the forces of ignorance!

Postby Devilheals » Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:59 pm

Theres no way I would give up a nethercleft kit to use the libram. Go get the wyrmcultists cloak(takes 15 minutes to do the quest) with 15 fr enchant and then a fire armor kit on your gloves or feet and resi on your chest. You'll be capped fr and just barely crittable.
Devilheals

Postby Sielanas » Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:18 pm

Devilheals wrote:Theres no way I would give up a nethercleft kit to use the libram. Go get the wyrmcultists cloak(takes 15 minutes to do the quest) with 15 fr enchant and then a fire armor kit on your gloves or feet and resi on your chest. You'll be capped fr and just barely crittable.

Oh, no way I'd give up a Nethercleft. Probably on my T4 pants that just have a normal spellthread. I'll get my T6 helm before T4 the way my luck has been, so the 4pc bonus isn't worth anything to me.
Sielanas

Postby samsara » Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:32 pm

Hello,

this thread helped me quite alot and as we are now at the council i'm thinking of getting my fireres-set ready for the flames.

I'm still not sure if this ok, and as i never have seen the flames neither tanked them i'm not sure what is comming to me.

Can you please have a short look at
http://www.warcrafter.net/sandbox/10706 ... 1I1W1i1k1o

and tell me if this would be ok. The fireresistance with 367 should work but i'm unsure if the 455 Def + 45 Resilence will work to become uncritable.

thx
samsara

Postby QuantumDelta » Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:24 pm

To chip in with the FR vs Crit, honestly, the crit immunity is worth more.
Sure you may even take more damage overall if you drop some points in FR but at least then you'll be taking CONSTANT damage rather than huge and completely unpredictable BURST damage.

samsara I'm pretty sure you're alright with that (without doing the math in my head).
If you're not it's honestly ok to drop a little bit of FR to maintain crit immunity, and you also have a healthy amount of HP there.
You should be fine.
nani shini umareta no? nani shini koko ni iru?
ikinokoritai, umaranai kizum, hikari osoreteta
QuantumDelta

PreviousNext

Return to Black Temple