Remove Advertisements

threat issues on hydross

Hydross, Lurker, Leotheras, Fathom-Lord, Tidewalker, Vashj

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

threat issues on hydross

Postby Mellithe » Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:44 am

I seem to have too much threat upon hydross, my warrior offtank can never seem to get him off of me. I downranked, I tried to not attack after all for 4 stacks, heck I dont even attack hydross right away when he takes over and still the threat from me seems to surpass him.

Any suggestions?
Winter is Coming
Mellithe

Postby Snake-Aes » Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:30 am

Get a warrior that doesn't suck. Make suer he doesn't have salv.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby ehly » Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:04 am

Hate to agree. Buy if you did all those things, and he still can't hold it....the warrior needs serious help.

Not sure what abilities the warrior is or isn't using. I've never had this problem. Even, When I've gone and off-tanked all 4 adds spamming max aoe threat under hydross..I haven't had a problem of a warrior not being able to get or hold it.
ehly

Re: threat issues on hydross

Postby inthedrops » Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:41 pm

Mellithe wrote:I seem to have too much threat upon hydross, my warrior offtank can never seem to get him off of me. I downranked, I tried to not attack after all for 4 stacks, heck I dont even attack hydross right away when he takes over and still the threat from me seems to surpass him.

Any suggestions?

Do you have SoV ticking away during the transition? Why do you need to attack Hydross at all when it's his turn to tank?

I've always been a little worried about consecrate pulling agro during the transition from me to the other tank because whne I'm not tanking the nature phase I am picking up adds. But I've got to agree with the others that if you're not targeting hydross, you don't have SoV ticking on hydross, then there's a problem with the OT not picking him up soon enough.
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby YoYoMa » Fri Apr 18, 2008 6:06 am

it sounds like from your post you aren't stealing aggro, the warrior just can't get it off you after a transition?

Why are you still attacking after a transition? You get a full threat dump so unless you have SoV ticking or you are consecrating or attacking by some means then this should be a non-issue.

It doesn't sound like the warrior to me, it sounds like you are doing something wrong during transitions.

I always picked up one of the adds during a transition so I wasn't even on hydross.
YoYoMa

Postby Mellithe » Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:38 pm

I was using SoR instead of SoV just for this fight in particular, But nope nothing still ticking and I am not attacking and even with the full aggro dump I dont get it.

Maybe I am not walking him right to the right place or something somehow?

Heck even after the switch I easily steal aggro even if he gets it. Can the warrior be that bad?
Winter is Coming
Mellithe

Postby maccalus » Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:05 pm

thats what it sounds like. I know as a warrior myself that 1 shield slam on him and he is glued to me. You should not be able to steal it off of him easily unless you are attacking him on the transition. On transitions, the warrior should stay in melee range and hit him with a shield slam right as he changes colours. This will keep him in place and the warrior should establish good initial threat. After that he should fall into his regular rotation minus shield block (due to its uselessness). Doing this your warrior should have no troubles(unless they suck. Don't worry my guild has problems with tanks on transitions on this fight as well).
maccalus

Postby Trisk » Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:28 pm

When Hydross goes into the other phase he clears all threat. However debuffs / DoT 's remain, so make sure there are none on. The warrior however should put thunderclap and demo shout even rend on right before the switch.

You can also try having the warrior intervene you at the transistion.

but basicly: yeah a shieldslam should do the trick..

edit: Provided the warrior has enough threat, would it be possible to just drop aggro via a bubble?
Trisk

Postby Huon » Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:26 pm

Trisk wrote:When Hydross goes into the other phase he clears all threat. However debuffs / DoT 's remain, so make sure there are none on. The warrior however should put thunderclap and demo shout even rend on right before the switch.

You can also try having the warrior intervene you at the transistion.

but basicly: yeah a shieldslam should do the trick..

edit: Provided the warrior has enough threat, would it be possible to just drop aggro via a bubble?

well yea but then you'd lose the adds aswell and get casters slaughtered.
Huon

Postby skank » Fri May 16, 2008 5:32 pm

Mellithe wrote:I was using SoR instead of SoV just for this fight in particular, But nope nothing still ticking and I am not attacking and even with the full aggro dump I dont get it.

Maybe I am not walking him right to the right place or something somehow?

Heck even after the switch I easily steal aggro even if he gets it. Can the warrior be that bad?

I have tanked the adds, and MT in nature faze. Biggest thing i notice is sometimes you have to pull him a good distance across the line before he transitions. Of course when i drag him across the line I turn around and bring him so i stop attacking. Any tank should be able to pull him off once his agros dumps. We have it down to a science once the warrior has him i dump a low rank conc to grab the adds real quick and the other two tanks pick them up. Of course when its my turn to pick him up i go to town and love it. my guild loves it to since i get aggro on hydross and the adds and they are all on me.
skank

Return to Serpentshrine Cavern