Azgalor

Winterchill, Anetheron, Kaz'rogal, Azgalor, Archimonde

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Morganim » Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:45 pm

YoYoMa wrote:Do you pick up adds similar to how you pick them up on Anetheron? I just had a macro /target [mob name] /cast exorcism. or taunt whatever.

oh and can he cast doom on pets or snakes? Just curious :)

Never seen it go onto a lock/hunter pet

We use the no melee strat, so usually have myself, ot warrior, 3-5 melee dps sitting up near the taurens near trhat little smokey mound.

We have the doom person immediately run all the way to us and keep going so that means theres time to exo/judge it as it runs past, never missed one :P
Morganim

Postby Zyxa » Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:58 am

We have the doomed person running to the melee pack, positioned up the hill by the Tauren Warriors. As it gets to ~3 seconds left I make sure I get a consecrate down as its possible you're going to get a silence just as they die.
Zyxa

Postby Helenia » Sun Apr 13, 2008 2:29 pm

Rhî wrote:Again the question. Is there any Paladin, who successfully has tanked Azgalor?

I have succesfully MT'd Azgalor. Was very easy. A couple of times he silenced me before I could refresh Holy Shield, but I saved my Pocket Watch and AAA for those situations. I also chain chugged Ironshields. I actually think paladins are just as good, if not better than warriors for this fight.
Helenia

Postby Worldie » Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:44 pm

Just to let you know, Azgalor doesn't crush so not having HS up isn't really a problem.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Frank » Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:52 am

I had a funny experience last night as my guild worked on Azgalor.

We were using a druid tank on Azgalor and kept having him die. I had been spending most of my time working on my OTing research here and hadn't really researched the tanking requirements of Azgalor himself.

Because of the ROF the druid in question was using some FR gear to tank him. He was having trouble picking up the silences and was getting parried during silences due to not stopping DPS. We were all thinking he was just sucking and needed to be replaced.

Eventually I decided to try tanking him myself to see what the hell the problem was. Following his lead I equipped about 200FR and remained uncritable. My block, dodge and parry were all in the toilet of the low teens.

I was killed by Azgalor in 2 seconds. 2 10K white hits seperated by 2 seconds and I was toast. I literally laughed out loud.

I was incredulous. How the heck could that happen? Azgalor can't crush! I was uncritable! 2 10K hits in 2 seconds? In all the strats I read I never heard that this guy was that kind of boss.

I realize now Azgalor is essentially Gruul v.2. I wish someone had pointed this out in this thread! He hits like a speeding locomotive on fire and silences frequently. Wearing FR was beyond stupid. I learned a valuable lesson about resist gear last night, if you're going to stand in front of a speeding train that's aflame you really shouldn't be worried about getting burned!

The moral? If you tank this guy have your best tanking gear equipped, have your HS up as much as possible, have a ton of HP's, use nightmare seeds as soon as you get in melee range to buy yourself some time for the healers to get into sync as the early part of the fight you are very likely to be spikey when you are getting him into position, use ironshield potions, do anything and everything to keep yourself alive because if you don't could be under the wheels in 2 seconds flat.
Frank

Postby Dazhbog » Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:44 am

Our bear clocked some RIDICULOUS incoming hits tonight on Azzie. This pit lord hits like a freakin' train, as stated; I leave him to the bear (who's built better for it), and pick up doomguards with the taurens.
Dazhbog

Postby Worldie » Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:39 pm

Mmm i tanked him today for the first time (as stated somewhere else, no prot wars in raid, and bears don't usually tank bosses for us).
He doesn't hit *that* hard tbh. The "painful" thing is that he can possibly spike 16-17k damage in 1 second with a melee + cleave, so healers must be on balls, and the tank must have a reasonable hp pool (22kish i'd say, i tanked him with 18k since the BoK pala forgot to rebless, dhu)

For sure, threat isn't rly a issue there for a paladin, ye u might have to stop tps for few seconds while silenced, but casters also stop their dps during that so it's a non issue.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Aleriya » Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:58 am

Stupid question: does DI remove Doom?

As tank#4 and paladin tank #2, I'll probably be healing here. I have a tendency to run oom before the fight is over, though. I figure if a spec'd healer gets doomed and I'm oom I can trade spots with em ;) Assuming that works.
Aleriya

Postby Worldie » Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:56 am

Nothing removes doom.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby sanctifico » Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:16 pm

Tanked Azlagor once, it was no big deal, i just let the druid do it now :p

I just tank the dooms, with the BT neck and imp consentration aura.

3/6 Sunwell Pre-Nerf.
sanctifico

Postby Helenia » Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:42 am

I also made sure to hit ESC the second the silence hit. Seemed to help.
Helenia

Postby Blaen99 » Sat Apr 26, 2008 2:44 pm

sanctifico wrote:Tanked Azlagor once, it was no big deal, i just let the druid do it now :p

^^

It's no big deal really to tank Azgalor with an avoidance-favored build, but druids are way better than pallies.
Blaen99

Postby sanctifico » Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:55 am

Blaen99 wrote:
sanctifico wrote:Tanked Azlagor once, it was no big deal, i just let the druid do it now :p

^^

It's no big deal really to tank Azgalor with an avoidance-favored build, but druids are way better than pallies.

yeah, our druid just popps both trinkets if the healers get silenced- 87% dodge + w/e miss ftw lol

3/6 Sunwell Pre-Nerf.
sanctifico

Postby Dazhbog » Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:45 pm

Attempted to tank him tonight. I think some of the healers all moved at the same time, which was bad luck, but I still ate a 10k, a 8k, a 9k, another 10k, and a6.5k in approximately 8-10 seconds. Ouchie.

Once the fight settled down... maybe? Possibly just bad luck on the pull, but geeez.
Dazhbog

Postby Gerilith » Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:55 pm

Well, tanked him without any problems. Had one point with 1.2k Health left where I had to use my pocket watch (which was, indeed, lucky!) but after another 2 seconds of silence and the casting time everything was fine ;)
Standing alone with no direction
How did I fall so far behind?
Why Am I searching for perfection?
Knowing it's something I won't find
Gerilith

PreviousNext

Return to Mt. Hyjal