Maintankadonor

Postby Sithy » Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:53 am

fuzzygeek wrote:
Levantine wrote:New name: Loottheridon.

Bagtheridon.

This
Sithy

Postby Frickit » Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:37 am

Mazater wrote:One thing we noticed while running Maggy's last night.

The boss mod timers are COMPLETELY off since 2.4
We wiped there once due to DBM and BigWigs timers showing the blast wave about 15sec before it was actually casted.

After that, we just waited for maggy to start casting his Blast Wave and click the cube, got him down easily.

After we wiped, I was the last man standing and Maggy was trying to kill me.

I had a fun time dodging/parrying his melee attacks more than 12 times in a row, he managed to land one hit on me though,(he hitted like a girl :o) but I survived untill he casted blast wave.

after the 4th wipe last night i got to MT him , he hits like a girl.
We had a little problem with the warrior main tank being crushed a lot. I also noticed that his crushing blows were like 11k and if we were wiping and I let him crush me it was only about 8800.

Why would I be crushed less than a warrior who has more armor and hp than me. Why was are supposedly uncrushable warrior being crushed at least 5 times per encounter thus wiping the raid with coupling hits of over 22k?

grimreeper showed the 10-11k hits as crushes. there were also 11k or so hits that Im guessnig were the cleaves. I never took more than 9k when it was my turn. And I know my gear isnt as good.
Frickit

Postby NarfJones » Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:10 am

Frickit wrote:

We wiped there once due to DBM and BigWigs timers showing the blast wave about 15sec before it was actually casted.

After that, we just waited for maggy to start casting his Blast Wave and click the cube, got him down easily.

I had a fun time dodging/parrying his melee attacks more than 12 times in a row, he managed to land one hit on me though,(he hitted like a girl :o) but I survived untill he casted blast wave.

We had a little problem with the warrior main tank being crushed a lot. I also noticed that his crushing blows were like 11k and if we were wiping and I let him crush me it was only about 8800.

Why would I be crushed less than a warrior who has more armor and hp than me. Why was are supposedly uncrushable warrior being crushed at least 5 times per encounter thus wiping the raid with coupling hits of over 22k?

grimreeper showed the 10-11k hits as crushes. there were also 11k or so hits that Im guessnig were the cleaves. I never took more than 9k when it was my turn. And I know my gear isnt as good.

He was almost certainly uncrushable with shield block as warriors can get that pretty much naked. he was either lagging a great deal, taking more than 2 hits in 6 seconds, or not keeping shield block up.
NarfJones
Maintankadonor

Postby maccalus » Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:38 am

NarfJones wrote:
Frickit wrote:

He was almost certainly uncrushable with shield block as warriors can get that pretty much naked. he was either lagging a great deal, taking more than 2 hits in 6 seconds, or not keeping shield block up.

And if he's getting hit for that much and that fast it means thunderclap and demorilizing shout were not up.
maccalus

Postby Snake-Aes » Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:46 am

maccalus wrote:
NarfJones wrote:
Frickit wrote:

And if he's getting hit for that much and that fast it means thunderclap and demorilizing shout were not up.
and the dps is being retarded.
At least here retarded dps dies fast.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Frickit » Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:25 am

ya i dont mean to piss on my warrior MT hes a great tank. :oops:
but i cant stand seeing crushing blows wipe a 25 man raid over and over. I never get crushed even when things are goin fubar i manage to activate my holy shield.
Frickit

Postby Zeels » Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:54 pm

I take crushes from time to time. Took 3 on mags last time. (and some on the channelers)

I do take a lot less crushes than our warriors. When I did mags (sunday) we got all 5 channelers down before mags broke loose. His cleave still hits for 10k (with me having 21 k armor buffed), think his attacks missed 50% (miss dodge parry), our best geared healer could keep me up alone without trouble (tested on an early wipe).

Also didn't even notice my hp going down when the roof came down @ 30%.

I'll say paladins are favored in this fight due to:
- A lot easier to pick him up, concecrate + exorcism
- Exorcism = higher threat (I forgot to use the spell though :oops: )
- Tank the 2 first channelers
- With commodation of Kael'thas + ardent defender we are hard to kill

I actually thought gruul was harder than mags, but I guess that is due to the clicking nerf.
By the Power of Grey Skull!

Lvl 80 Spanks you very much Spankadin!

Spank
Zeels

Postby Nidal » Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:23 pm

Ok, so bear with the newb. I've read several guides about Maggy and we had one attempt so far and gave up after a bunch of wipes.

Someone please explain exactly how the 'clicking' is done? Is it click and hold? Click as fast as you can? Right click or left click? Do you click before he starts channeling or during the channeling?

We just couldn't seem to get it right and there were a bunch of different opinions based on a bunch of different guides out there.
Nidal

Postby Snake-Aes » Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:01 pm

stay in range(ogwheel is golden), rightclick when he starts casting(kinda like opening a door), move/interrupt/whatever when the casting is interrupted. It helps to have someone specifically calling for the clicks.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Robbert » Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:05 pm

Snake-Aes wrote:move/interrupt/whatever when the casting is interrupted.

We usually try to keep him banished as long as possible since he takes additional damage when banished. To make this easy we generally have the assigned cube clickers marked once all the channelers are down and have 1-2 resto druids hot up the clickers...1-2 hots per clicker will keep them all alive for the full duration!

When tanking him I also try to prep myself to get in a shield toss, judgement, and exorcism (and even a HoW when he's below 20%) with Concecrate ticking while he's banished. I generally don't need the extra threat...I can build a big enough threat lead to swap to my sun eater as he's getting to 30%. Also...a self cast LoH is great for the 30% transition.
Robbert

Previous

Return to High King / Gruul / Mag