Do you get the priest to MC ?

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Lookit » Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:37 pm

Worldie wrote:Actually it's been supposed that MC generates "illimitate" threat on that mob for the priest, so in theory if u taunt and keep it on you, basically noone can steal it from you.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "illimitate". And I've found that taunting right after the MC breaks has absolutely no effect. If you HoJ the mob, and then taunt after the 6 seconds, it works fine. And I'm a pally tank, when do I worry about people stealing mobs? I DARE dps to get aggro when I tank ;)
Lookit

Postby Sarima » Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:32 pm

Katatonia wrote:In short, MC sucks unless you've got the spellhit to use it properly.

Fixed.
Worldie wrote:[...]omg, WotLK will seriously hurt my bran.
Sarima

Postby Katatonia » Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:56 pm

Sarima wrote:
Katatonia wrote:In short, MC sucks unless you've got the spellhit to use it properly.

Fixed.

You say that like there are actually spriests out there who aren't hit capped on L72 mobs.
Katatonia

Postby ldeboer » Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:26 pm

I have a mage, spriest as well as this tank and got to say MC isn't my preferred CC to many things can go wrong. I put it up there with sap from rogues yes it can work but when it goes wrong it can go horribly wrong.

I would say I use it situationally and I treat sap the same way it's not your first choice of CC.

Serious CC is the domain mages, hunters and locks because they can apply there CC repeatably and reliably and they can still dps while they have the target under CC.

MC being channelled you CC a target but party loses your dps so its only half as effective as other CC forms unless the MC'ed thing can do alot more damage than you could have.

The four pit event before the eye boss in Heroic BF is a classic place I love to use MC. You can MC any of non red ones in the 4x4 packs and it has the advantage over sheeping that the other 3 dont go after the mage. The packs are all melee so there is nothing to break an MC it makes a relatively hard 4 elite fight easy mode.

Your main CC when you are a 70 will be shackle in Kara not MC :)

The reasons you take a spriest on a run is it brings good DPS, Fort Buff and mana and health regen from Vamp Touch. They are often referred to as battery's for that reason.
ldeboer

Postby Levantine » Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:32 am

Katatonia wrote:
Sarima wrote:

Fixed.

You say that like there are actually spriests out there who aren't hit capped on L72 mobs.

Lawl, so true. I do like Mind Control though. It's more fun to me than spamming Mind Flay and Mind Blast. *shrug*
Levantine

Postby Sarima » Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:01 am

Katatonia wrote:You say that like there are actually spriests out there who aren't hit capped on L72 mobs.

From what I've run into, yes. I know only 1 "good" spriest and his MC was quite reliable, the rest is from pugging them and asking for their spellhit after repeated MC-breaks...
Worldie wrote:[...]omg, WotLK will seriously hurt my bran.
Sarima

Postby Katatonia » Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:26 am

Sarima wrote:
Katatonia wrote:You say that like there are actually spriests out there who aren't hit capped on L72 mobs.

From what I've run into, yes. I know only 1 "good" spriest and his MC was quite reliable, the rest is from pugging them and asking for their spellhit after repeated MC-breaks...

Honestly it's not spell hit I'm worried about anyway, it's channeling pushback.

To be fair, MC does work fairly well on mage guards, for two main reasons -- one, you can cut the magical damage the group takes by 75% by dropping a bubble on the ground, and two, it's the mob most likely to interrupt your channeling and get you killed by whatever other mob you had control of. You're still losing a massive amount of dps compared to what a good spriest can put out using their own spells, but survival>dps and if the bubble helps you should use it.

As soon as I start seeing the ethereum + naga pulls, MC time is over. At that point you have three different mobs who can easily break channeling and none of them are terribly high priority targets for normal CC so there's almost always something loose that can screw things up.
Katatonia

Postby Moses » Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:49 pm

In heroic MgT MC is king IMO. Both mage guards and physicians are prime targets. As a tank I make sure there is a mark on the MC target and I watch it. If it breaks I taunt it back to me to give the SP time to recast.

Even some of the guild mages I've had problems with them not getting the sheep done till it's standing on top of me preventing consecrate, the great thing about MC is they can just do it right on top of the consecrate.
Moses

Postby Khayne » Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:31 am

Last time i did heroic MgT i did use MC rather than sheep...dont need to worry about mage being slow on sheep and landing that sheep at my feet after i´ve LoS´d the pack.

And i like having those mage-guards on my side to do that chain stun thing.

I mostly PuG, so i rather take it abit safe side at start before i get to know the healer.
Khayne

Postby Phoenixlight » Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:09 pm

i do make use of it.

my normal group is me, holy pally, aff lock, shadow priest, and one wild card. (sometimes a mage friend, other times a shaman or some pug)

my typical view on cc is casters only and i rarely mark for it. tell em cc whatever but i'll end up breaking if i can...and since i can't break mc short of moving aoe mobs to the priest that's the only kind that works >.> well that and banish.
Phoenixlight

Postby kryptx » Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:52 am

I run everything with a shadow priest (my girlfriend). In heroics (and in MgT) we use MC frequently.

Anywhere else, everything but the skull is consecrate.
Barachiel - 70 Draenei Paladin [Hydraxis]
Barlan - 70 Dwarf Priest [Hydraxis]
Frizia - 70 Blood Elf Mage [Hellscream]
kryptx

Previous

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics