Remove Advertisements

Maiden just killed my raid...maybe for good

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Evadragon » Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:35 pm

Thanks for all the responses guys.
I gave the guild a week off of raiding and upgraded my gear a little, 2.3 Badge Chest, also the Mace and Trinket from Heroic MagT.
Sunday were going back in fresh, a new healer (Shaman got booted this week) week and some new Dps.
I don't want to hurt the feelings of my off-tank, he's a good friend, but I'm probably going to just tank maiden myself. Hopefully with the combination of Deadly boss mods for everyone and me yelling at everyone as MT we will get through it.

Wish us luck. :)
Evadragon

Postby Dunkan » Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:59 am

Breaks when just getting to raiding are important for a number of reasons

1/ They enable people to grab more supporting gear
2/ They let tempers cool
3/ They allow people to do things IRL
4/ They are a break!
Khaz'goroth Oceanic
Dunkan

Postby djellum » Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:40 am

Dunkan wrote:Breaks when just getting to raiding are important for a number of reasons

1/ They enable people to grab more supporting gear
2/ They let tempers cool
3/ They allow people to do things IRL
4/ They are a break!

5/ They let you get some f'n gold built up. Repairs, enchants, gems, flasks, food... Ive never been so poor.

djellum

Postby Maithanet » Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:18 pm

HI! In my off time I'm a Resto Shaman. So let me offer some advice.

1. You shouldnt take it if you have the Prot Warrior. You're so much more useful as a cleanser / healer / whatever in that fight. You're also one less Melee DPS.

2. Melee can back off and bandage as mentioned previously. Also, get your Shaman to chain heal the Melee (This includes MT). Other healers (And you) can deal with the rest in between.

3. Put your Shaman with the FOUR HIGHEST DPSers and make him blow Heroism / Bloodlust at 75-50% if you still have the majority of the raid up.

4. Again, everyone can move around the outside when getting into position. This isnt hard because all you have to do is hug the wall.

5. Hunter should not send pet in. Oh God, don't do it.

Also, if your Holy Paladin is failing at BoSac. Why dont you do it?
ImageImage
Maithanet

Postby Ariashley » Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:51 am

All the S1 is blinding. Why is so much of your raid in Season 1 gear instead of more appropriate PvE gear? The rogue probably doesn't have enough hit rating to hit all of his special attacks in Glad, meaning that his DPS is much less than it could be. Glad weapons are amazing, glad gear is not... Glad gear is also a nightmare for a tank, early crit = terribad.

Maiden is one of those fights where, when one person fails, it usually wipes the group. Doesn't matter what your gear is. I've been in there on my rogue in T5 (probably a month back) with most of the group in T5/6 and wiped because people were not paying attention.

Mind you, this same group managed to wipe on the chess event because the shaman healer who decided to play the king didn't realize (despite having done it 100 times on different pieces) that she was supposed to kill the other king. Wiping on chess is retard mode in full swing.

Accidentally pulling a boss is nothing compared to that. Every person will have done that at least once.
Ariashala - Level 70 Tankadin
Ariashley - Level 70 Rogue
Ariashley

Postby Evadragon » Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:49 pm

LoL, Ok we fail again but, we did much better. Got maiden to 20% and our healers missed the run-in on Repetance, our warrior gets toasted. I forgot to get deCurseive so it was a bitch cleansing holy fire but, i got though it with only one death. All and all we did much better, everyone listened and did excellent surrounding Maiden.

This week's turn-out,
Prot Pally (me)
Prot Warrior
Resto Druid
Resto Shaman
Holy/disc Priest
Afflic Lock
Fire Mage
Ice Mage
Marks Hunter
BM Hunter

After 1 wipe my wonderfully dedicated guildies begin leaving on-by-one. Were talking, before everyone can get back to Maiden's hallway 3 people have logged for the night. Damn KIDS AND THEIR FREAKING BED TIMES, WTF!

I was getting really happy too that we were slowly getting better, Attumen is cake and Moroes is nearly as easy. But No, a complete lack of dedicated raiders is killing us.

On a side note, First Tanking gear drops for us [item=28528]Moroes' Lucky Pocket Watch[/item] and my off-tank wins it. Gratz to him but I'm still pissed.
Evadragon

Postby Ariashley » Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:37 pm

Think about loot systems. For a guild where Kara is progression, you might want to have something other than a /roll system for loot distribution. But ya, it still sucks when someone gets the item you've been waiting desparately for. I watched a weapon upgrade I needed deparately go to 4 other players before I got a chance at it.

I've seen tons of options. Zero sum DKP (that doesn't penalize new people too much - just makes them wait a few weeks to vest in their DKP). A rule that if you won the last class item (i.e., tanking/dps caster) that you don't get to roll on the next one. We use a combination of attendance and DKP (and did for Kara way back when, until it became for alts). The whole idea is to distribute the loot that drops evenly among the raiders, but where those who reguarly attend have slightly more chances than those who don't.

Something that seems obvious to me (but isn't to some guilds) is that only classes who will receive the majority of the benefit for their main set may roll/bid. So a feral druid, while he might benefit from a Dragonspine Trophy, will not benefit nearly as much as a hunter, fury warrior, enhancement shaman or rogue and isn't allowed to bid until the other classes have it. In other words, if you won't wear or use it most raid nights or you will replace it later that night if the item you REALLY want drops, you don't get to bid or roll on it until the people who will use it most of the time for a long time get it.

Obviously, when it's the other tank and the only tanking item you've seen drop in a raid so far, no reason why he shouldn't have an equal chance with you. Still sucks :cry:
Ariashala - Level 70 Tankadin
Ariashley - Level 70 Rogue
Ariashley

Previous

Return to Karazhan