Remove Advertisements

would keep spec but changing armor set help me?

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

would keep spec but changing armor set help me?

Postby chs_105 » Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:29 pm

Hi, I've been protect speced from 35 to 70, never tried anything else. I now have 3 pieces of T6 tanking gear, and the rest are T5/badge gear. I have never noticed how slow I am at killing things, until I started doing the daily quests for the Shatter Sun Offensive. I have to constantly compete with a ton of other players to kill mobs for quests, and I noticed that they can kill 3 or 4 in the time I kill 1, and whenever my mana is completely drained by those mobs a fight can last FOREVER. At that point I am just slowly killing them with reflective damage by blocking and ret aura.... while other players who started the quest later than me are already done. >.<

So my question is this, without changing my spec, if I pick up Crusader's Scaled Battledgear set and put this on, will I be able to complete the quests faster? Not worrying about mana anymore since it seems to be strength based..... Like I said I have never tried anything else but protect so any help here is greatly appreciated!
chs_105

Postby Aloette » Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:02 pm

you could try picking up a Retribution set of gear, though I have no idea how effective this would be without crusader strike.

Another option would probably be to get a spelldamage set of gear (or just use your normal tanking gear) to maximize DPS/threat and find a mage to AoE grind with.
Aloette

Postby Seloei » Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:18 am

Getting a full set of "offspec" ret gear is enough to blast away on the mobs at around 3/4 of the speed of a t5'sh geared hunter. Thats just heroics drops and mag t/heroic mag t drops. I try to keep a onehander since the 5% damage boost sticks without respeccing and also i can chuck a frisbee at ranged to pull em to make life easier.

Doing all of the stage3 quests on SSO island takes about 30 minutes or so this way.
Seloei

Postby Questioner » Fri Apr 18, 2008 6:39 am

I have a full set of T6 level retribution gear and I still use my arena healing gear (except for spelldamage trinket) when soloing (as protection spec).
<3 Tankadin at Heart.

Not necessarily accurate: Armory
Questioner

Postby Wyleai » Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:54 pm

My guild's Heroic-MT (mostly because he prefers heroics over raids), a tankadin, recommended to me last night that I keep one set that is all about meeting uncrushable and avoiding damage and all the other things I end up learning here about tanking... and a second set that focusing on maxing out holy damage and mp5, and enough mana to make serious use of that.

This seems an easy goal as my quest rewards so far in Outlands have all been one or the other. I suspect that once I hit 70 and start doing heroics and kara and so on this will still be the way the loot drops for me.

His opinion, if I understood right, is that the second set will be what I farm with when solo, and the first set whenever I'm in a group - farming or instancing or raiding.
Wyleai

Return to Basic Training & Talents