Karazhan - Moroes

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Karazhan - Moroes

Postby Aergis » Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:20 pm

Moroes has 4 adds that are randomly chosen from a group of 6 ( I think ). Usually 2 or more will be CC'd with fear or shackles, and they will be killed in an order based on their class. You can either kill them all, then Moroes, but it is usually easier to leave the last one, sometimes two shackled and kill them after Moroes is dead.

This fight can be pretty complex for the whole group, but MTing it isn't bad. You're group will decide which to CC and a kill order, you just have to tank Moroes. In this fight, the OT actually has a harder job, as they have to tank an add while building secondary threat on Moroes himself for when the MT gets gouged. Wowwiki suggests turning the MT's back to Moroes to avoid the gouge all together, but I highly disagree. You will take alot more damage if you put your back to him, as you cannot block / dodge / parry. Since he is dual-wield and attacks very fast, I highly recommend using a dodge-heavy gear set. His miss rate is pretty high already, so boosting dodge with agi pots and grace of air totem makes quite a difference.

If you get garroted as the MT, simply bubble and right click it to clear it off you. If you do it fast enough, he won't have a chance to attack anyone else. If someone with low HP gets garrote, BoP them to clear it.

Also, avoid using consecration for the most part, as some shackled adds might get loose and come in the area, meaning they can't be reshackled.
Aergis
Site Admin

Postby Jensaarai » Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:48 pm

When I tank him, I turn myself to one side just enough so that I can still hit him, but not far enough that I cannot hit him and my back is then to him and I cannot dodge/parry/block. Basically if -> means the person is facing east, then my orientation is either

____________^
moroes -> me |

or

moroes -> me |
____________\/

you get the idea. It seemed to help, I only got gouged a few times.

*edit* oh what do I have to type   ?
Jensaarai

Postby Aergis » Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:01 pm

Hm, I'll give that a shot tonight, but it would logically seem that if you can see him to hit him and dodge/parry/block, then he can also gouge you.

The other trick I've heard ( but haven't been able to make it work ) is to have a healer in-between Moroes and you. They claim that when he gouges, the healer will take it instead of the tank. While it seems bad that a healer is cc'd, it's better than the tank cc'd and the healer getting smashed.

>Moroes <healer <tank
Aergis
Site Admin

Postby Aergis » Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:12 pm

*edit* oh what do I have to type &nbsp; ?

You can use nbsp with the code bbcode tag, thought it still doesnt look perfect.

Code: Select all
             /\
moroes -> me |

or

moroes -> me |
             \/
Aergis
Site Admin

Postby Aergis » Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:52 am

Tried last night to turn near 90 degrees to him, and still got gouged the same as facing him. I also ate a few crushings while doing it because I was trying to turn to the exact amount while still being able to "see" him. When I went too far and the red text came up "you are facing the wrong direction", I got a nice crushing... ><

When I did get to the furthest possible angle, I still got gouged. That, and he vanishes quickly and then I had to reposition the angle, taking another crushing while over-turning.
Aergis
Site Admin

Postby Illystral » Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:00 pm

I've never been to Kara, but can't you just sacrifice the offtank?
Illystral

Postby Glyhelm » Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:04 pm

Illystral wrote:I've never been to Kara, but can't you just sacrifice the offtank?

Sacrificing the offtank would mean his mobs get lose on the healers. Same problem.
Glyhelm

Postby Illystral » Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:11 pm

Glyhelm wrote:
Illystral wrote:I've never been to Kara, but can't you just sacrifice the offtank?

Sacrificing the offtank would mean his mobs get lose on the healers. Same problem.

I mean blessing of sacrifice on him. So when he gets hit it breaks the gouge. Am I missing something?
Illystral

Postby Glyhelm » Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:18 pm

Illystral wrote:
Glyhelm wrote:

I mean blessing of sacrifice on him. So when he gets hit it breaks the gouge. Am I missing something?

Probably possible. You'd need to remember to do it every 30 seconds during the fight though.
Glyhelm

Postby Aerillia » Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:29 pm

If BoS actually did break the gouge I think that would be a significant bonus in the fight. Hehe someone should test it =D
Aerillia - 70 - Darkspear
Aerillia

Postby Aergis » Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:55 pm

Not a bad idea. Would require the OT to be taking damage, and if Moroes gouges the MT and attacks the OT, that's the primary job of the OT anyway. Getting the aggro back off the OT 2-3 seconds faster isn't a huge deal, getting it off the healers who aggro 2-3 seconds faster is the important thing. However, if Moroes ignores the OT after a gouge and goes for a healer, the BoS on the OT doesn't help anyway, except for in the beginning part of the fight where the OT is also tanking one of the adds, which could prove useful.

I'd say try it at the beggining, where the OT is also tanking something else. Once it's down to just Moroes, if it goes to the OT when the MT gets gouged it's not a bad thing so just give him his original buff back. If you could plan on which healer was going to get hit in case the OT's aggro isn't high enough, then assuming the healer doesn't get one shotted, their damage will break out gouge and bring it back to you.

Unfortunatley, I have to wait until next week to try it ><;
Aergis
Site Admin

Postby Kathryn » Wed Mar 21, 2007 10:44 am

Last night we only had 1 priest and 0 hunter... and no means of other CC.

We got shadowpriest, MS warrior, Prot Warrior and holy pally as adds. We use a Prot warrior / prot paladin team of tanks mainly.

So we let the warrior run in, followed by me (im the paladin >.>) then the priest agro'ed MS warrior and shackled him somewhere. Then i used Holy wrath to pull aggro on the 3 adds and hit moroes too.

I HoJ the Shadowpriest and DPS burned her down. After i HoJ her, i turned to moroes and start building aggro on her while Consecrating and holy shielding grabbing a bit of aggro on the Prot warrior and holy pally..

The dps then turned on the holy pally wich was stuck on me and killed it. Then they turned DPS on moroes, i started Fearing the prot warrior around and tankign him when fear was on CD.

Managed to stay 2nd on aggro and we dps'ed the prot warrior when moroes vanished..

The pull took time to adjust but it went ok..
Kathryn

Postby Arcand » Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:10 am

After several attempts where our priests kept getting creamed, I finally got permission to pull the shackle targets with Avenger's Shield. It hit both of them, and then Moroes. Warrior taunts Moroes off me while I pick up the first kill target, shackles hit, and life is good.

(The main point, when a shackle breaks the add comes for me instead of the priest.)

Also, you can Turn a shackled add; if the shackle breaks they're feared and go tearing off around the room instead of attacking. And the rapidly-moving raid target symbol makes people pretty quick to notice and get the next shackle on...

Save soulstones for people who get garrotted; have them blow off all their mana before they die. If you have Guardian's Favor, arrange to clear the first Garrotte and your cooldown will probably come up again near the end of the fight.
Arcand

Postby Daeren » Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:41 am

CC ios one thing, turn undead, traps, shackle and whatnot.

But for MTing, it's a real pisser. Have a fury warrior or someone who will produce pretty high aggro build aggro on moroes (KLH threat meters help here), then put blessing of sacrifice on him. Have some timer that makes you remember to keep it up at all times. Sacrifice does remove gouge.

One hit, and he's basck to you. It's a real pisser if you do it like that. Of course, the easiest was when I got garroted. So, do not break garrote on yourself.
Daeren

Postby Arcand » Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:13 pm

If you bring an inexperienced paladin into this fight,

and if you use your BoP to save somebody else,

and if you get garrotted and break it with Divine Shield,

and if you get garrotted again,

communicate with the new paladin about the timing on BoP so she doesn't drop it on you unexpectedly while the off-tank is Blinded, and then leave it on for the full ten seconds.

:P
Arcand

Next

Return to Karazhan