Remove Advertisements

Flames of Azzinoth

Naj'entus, Supremus, Akama, Gorefiend, Gurtogg Bloodboil, RoS, Sharaz, Council, Illidan

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, fiend

Postby Worldie » Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:07 pm

My FR set (althought i never used it) looks quite like yours, but i use the FR ring from TK prequest and... T4 shoulders with +7 all resist enchant and 2x Void SPhere in it :>
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby knaughty » Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:49 pm

Worldie wrote:My FR set (althought i never used it) looks quite like yours, but i use the FR ring from TK prequest and... T4 shoulders with +7 all resist enchant and 2x Void SPhere in it :>

Yeah...

But...

'Cept this toon is a re-roll (was playing a warlock) and... umm... I'm not "attuned" to T-5 and don't have a mag kill on my pally :shock:

=edit=

Or any 25-man Tier-4 kills at all, for that matter.

Was on Kael on my lock when I re-rolled tankadin. Skipped from Heroics/Kara to tanking at Vashj/Al'ar.

But may gem enchant my Mantle of Abrahmis into a +15 all resists piece.
This isn't the "Offtankadin" forum. My MoP FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/FAQ-5-0
- Knaughty.
knaughty
Maintankadonor

Location: Sydney, plotting my next diatribe against the forces of ignorance!

Postby Pillze » Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:47 pm

Just curious, what do you guys do when the blue flames cross over each other how do you see where the blaze ends? After a bunch of attempts tonight my eyes hurt from all the colors.
Pillze

Postby Devilheals » Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:04 pm

If you can't see the blaze on the ground(you should be able too), go by the sound and the damage your taking. Also I wouldn't advise staying in double blues and waiting for a blaze to happen as that is a lot of damage that you most likely wont live through.

This is my FR gear http://www.warcrafter.net/sandbox/46013 If I dont have a chromatic flask I put a fire kit on my gloves and use a blue FR ring instead of the Band of Eternity and use a Fort flask. In both cases I am capped and uncritable.
Devilheals

Postby Morganim » Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:03 am

Pillze wrote:Just curious, what do you guys do when the blue flames cross over each other how do you see where the blaze ends? After a bunch of attempts tonight my eyes hurt from all the colors.

Pop nightmare seed
Shout on vent im in double blue and the spare druid hots me up.

Have combat log open AND scrolling combat text going for the blaze at all times, the graphic on the ground is meaningless.

Has anyone noticed since 2.4 that these things are even more annoying, you take a step back a fraction early and it makes blaze 2395u1094u241 times as fucking wide as it should be
Morganim

Postby Dragonzbane » Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:30 pm

Dragonzbane wrote:Trying this tonight.

Flamebane Helm - 3x(8 Def) & FR enchant
*Badge Chest - 150 Health
*Badge Gloves - 10 Stam
*Badge Legs - Clefthoof
*Badge Boots - 12 Stam
Quest Ring
Devilshark - FR Enchant

Kael Neck
T6 Shoulders
T5 Crafted Belt
Eternium Bracers
Eternal Ring
Scarab
Shadowmoon
ALD
Tempest

So that's what I went with but man my health was low.
The warrior I was with had similar gear but used Flamebane bracers instead of the ring and Commendation of Kael instead of the Shadowmoon Insignia but had like 2000 more HP without the imp and shout that he later got but I didn't.

All that aside the tanking went decent.
I had to mess around with my Spell setting a little so I could see what was going on.
I had one decent but short attempt, one 'way too late eye beam call" death, one bad turn that got some folks killed and one really nice atttempt.

So I think I have things down but I really wanna try to get more stamina somehow.
Dragonzbane

Postby Devilheals » Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:47 pm

Swap your cloak for a FR one and switch to the quest FR neck, that should allow you to use your goggles gaining some stam. You'll probably need to switch your chest enchant to resiliance maybe.(I haven't done the numbers, just some ideas)
Devilheals

Postby Averroes » Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:17 pm

Does anyone know how much the laser beam hits for? Or is it a one shot thing?
Averroes

Postby Lucit » Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:27 pm

Averroes wrote:Does anyone know how much the laser beam hits for? Or is it a one shot thing?

~18k. Probably won't one-shot you if you're topped off, but you're extremely unlikely to live through it.
Lucit

Postby Worldie » Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:51 pm

20k unmitigated and unresisted.

You can survive 1 pulse. You won't survive 2.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby knaughty » Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:54 pm

Lucit wrote:
Averroes wrote:Does anyone know how much the laser beam hits for? Or is it a one shot thing?

~18k. Probably won't one-shot you if you're topped off, but you're extremely unlikely to live through it.

I've never lived through being hit by one :D

If it's a progression kill, you'll get one-shot, you won't have (or need) 18k health.
- Knaughty.
knaughty
Maintankadonor

Postby Sielanas » Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:03 am

Got to tank it last night, didn't go so well. I didn't read the entire thread first, so now I feel kinda dumb. Little stuff mostly, but learning about the flame-to-totem not flame-to-flame will make it a lot easier and I can talk with the other flame tank and we can explain to the RL that he's wrong.

The comedy point is the one time I was gettting it right, had a good minute of movement, I got an eyebeam up my ass. RL is asking why didn't I move out of the way when I saw the trail, I had to explain that the trail started where my body was. 18,886 hit. I was afraid that my stats wouldn't pan out but raid-buffed everything worked. I was at 346 FR and .41% crittable, but through a hodge-podge of gear.
Sielanas

Postby knaughty » Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:16 pm

Sielanas wrote: I was at 346 FR and .41% crittable, but through a hodge-podge of gear.

Take a Chromatic resistance flask. Or do something to get to 365.

365 FR is a mandatory requirement for this fight as a flame tank.

I'm a massive fan of "get uncrittable", but capped FR is MUCH more important.
- Knaughty.
knaughty
Maintankadonor

current issue with Flame Tanking

Postby Dianora » Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:59 am

We have about 3 hours of attempts on Monday, with my internet connecting shot and other issue, we managed to at least kill 1 flame.

My current issue:

I simply cannot see where the edge of the Blaze is. I've maxed out resolution, maxed out everything, and still I cannot see it, therefore, I'm taking way more damage than necessary.

Is there a customized filter I can set in bold letter on whenever I get hit by Blaze in Mik's Scrolling Combat Text so I'll at least know when to back away?
ImageImageImage
Dianora

Postby Cyberwaste » Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:14 am

I don't really think the blaze does enough damage by itself to kill you if you're FR capped. The problem lies in blazes stacking, because they can do that and if they do you'll probably be dead very quickly without extra heals.

I personally use scrolling combat text, and I can see when I'm taking blaze damage and thus when to back away. I also play with my sound effects on, so I can hear when I'm taking blaze damage as well.
Cyberwaste

PreviousNext

Return to Black Temple