Remove Advertisements

Teron Gorefiend

Naj'entus, Supremus, Akama, Gorefiend, Gurtogg Bloodboil, RoS, Sharaz, Council, Illidan

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, fiend

Postby Enkal » Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:05 am

And very very easy imho (the constructs that is)!
Enkal

Postby Candiru » Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:11 am

Does anyone know what happens if you use Divine Intervention on someone who is cursed to die? Do they get the debuff removed / constructs spawn straight away or what?

Might be handy if you know someone can't do the minigame to save their life and you are just keeping JoW up and dispelling.
Candiru

Postby Worldie » Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:12 am

nothing happens, he still dies even with DI up
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Duzzit » Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:36 am

slightly off topic, but I have to say this. YOU WILL SHOW THE PROPER RESPECT!. (no idea why it just sounds cool)

Duzzit

Postby Worldie » Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:53 am

theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Duzzit » Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:16 pm

Worldie wrote:Image

:lol:

Duzzit

Postby Kellann » Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:28 pm

Splug wrote:Arrighty, here goes nothing. This is my first time trying this, so if there are errors in the calculations I apologize. Using the values listed at http://www.tankspot.com/forums/tankspot ... guide.html for reference.
Threat from ....

- - Lots of calcs - -

TPS = 1024

-Splug

I had a day with little work to do at work (gee, I think we all troll on days like that) and ended up building a spreadsheet to model this TPS based on the WWS numbers.

Initially it was because we gave our warrior 4 shots on Teron, then switched to give me 3 shots (because his threat suuuuucked). The second thing I started to compare with it was DTPS between the two of us.

While my threat was significantly better on the fight, my intake was disproportionately higher mainly due to....Demo/TC and parry strings from the melee/snake traps.

/sigh

Anyhoo - anyone have a way to upload an .XLS file for interested folks to get to it? I'm having a brain-fart at the moment and all I can think of is gmail-ing it to someone.

The pally one was faaaaar easier - go figure

(an example screenshot with Cheloo's numbers thrown in)
Kellann - Uther
Kellann

Postby Magnusharkov » Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:48 am

I have a quick question on Gorefiend. Assuming there is the option of a tankadin and a warrior who both have similar gear levels and similar threat is there any pressing reason to use a tankadin on him? If I wanted I could get myself as MT for him when we start working on gorefiend but I get the feeling it would be better for the raid if I put on healer gear, swing a nightfall and keep cleansing.
Magnusharkov

Postby nicolax » Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:02 am

Magnusharkov wrote:I have a quick question on Gorefiend. Assuming there is the option of a tankadin and a warrior who both have similar gear levels and similar threat is there any pressing reason to use a tankadin on him? If I wanted I could get myself as MT for him when we start working on gorefiend but I get the feeling it would be better for the raid if I put on healer gear, swing a nightfall and keep cleansing.

more healing does not help, your warrior better help dps. I can't remember having wiped here because of a lack of healing, but i can remember clearly that we wiped several times while learning the boss because of a lack of dps and constructs in the raid.

We always used 7 healers for that fight, and it's more than enough. We ask 2 priest to cleanse, if they are skilled enough, no problem to do it while healing.
5 healers on MT(1 of them is a back up for raid healing, 2 of them are decursers), 2 on raid healing. Once you are geared enough, you can fill "wasted" spots with more healers/tanks.

Also, a tankadin threat is wayyyyyyyyyyy better than a warrior for tps purpose here. You would have to put a shaman in the tank group to improve your warrior tps with windfury totem and then waste a bloodlust (we do it for RoS as well during phase 2, windfury for the warrior, then put the shaman out of the tank group in phase 3 since i don't need totems, to use bloodlust for dpsers)
nicolax

Postby Worldie » Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:45 am

Actually depends. If you have DPS problems, let the paladin tank and the warrior DPS.
If people are dying from Incinerates, let the warrior tank and the paladin cleanse.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Lieris » Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:44 am

Does anyone else find they take significantly less damage on this fight than warriors? I take less than our warrior MT and a friend linked a WWS of his MT tanking this yesterday (they're working on Brutallus) and again there's a gulf in difference. Is parry haste really that punishing on this fight? :? I even find that I have to use mana potions instead of iron shields to keep up a max rank threat rotation.

Paladin threat here is so good you'll get complements on vent and I've noticed people don't even need to use their threat dumps.

Sample WWS from last night: http://wowwebstats.com/cd4cx22ohgo6w?s= ... #abilities
Lieris
Maintankadonor

Postby Afraithe » Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:24 am

Um, get back when u have some DPS that can break 2k.

DPS scales so much better than our TPS in the long run.

Example of Warlock explaining why he aggroed on VT:
"Well It might have something to do with me critting 7x9000 in under 10 seconds."

We actually had our Warlock OVERAGGRO on Kalecgos demon form... hats off for that.
Afraithe

Postby Lieris » Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:14 am

Afraithe wrote:Um, get back when u have some DPS that can break 2k.

DPS scales so much better than our TPS in the long run.

Example of Warlock explaining why he aggroed on VT:
"Well It might have something to do with me critting 7x9000 in under 10 seconds."

We actually had our Warlock OVERAGGRO on Kalecgos demon form... hats off for that.

Um, yourself. Nobody is going to do 2K DPS before they get their 4 piece T6 and when this fight is progression for a guild (the only time it matters) a paladin is a wonderful choice here.

What happened to you on Kalecgos has got nothing to do with the price of fish. If your warlocks can't watch Omen at that progression level there's not much hope for them.
Lieris
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:15 am

I bow to the lock that overaggroed Kalecgos, that's really huge Oo

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Dorvan » Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:38 am

In all honesty, at least from a progression/recent farm perspective, there's not a huge difference between Pallies and Warriors on this fight....they're pretty much interchangeable as tanks here.

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to Black Temple