Kara - MT first 5 bosses

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Kara - MT first 5 bosses

Postby Igrado » Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:07 pm

Our guild has seen through Shade + Illhoof at least twice, and the first 4 bosses several more times than that. Tonight will be my first time tanking it. I am 490+ 102.4+ with 11.3k HP when buffed with Kings. My dodge isn't great but I'm certain I can tank the bosses and I know the fights. I had a few simple questions before I jump into things tonight.

--)1( Attumen, should we
A) have the druid(or fury warr) OT take the horse, and I take Attumen when he pops, snapping him with JOR and exorcism.
B) take the horse and have the druid grab Moroes
C) have me just tank both.

--)2( If 1 of Moroes adds is the prot warr, should I tank both Moroes and the warr to free up CC/kiting as well as possibly pull me out of blind faster?

--)3( Anything really "paladin specific" things I might have missed on one of the Opera events? They seem pretty straight forward from a tanks perspective from my memory
Igrado
Maintankadonor

Postby Atreidies » Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:16 pm

For Attumen, it's simple enough to tank both, but I personally wouldn't be comfortable doing that with your HP level, I would suggest you tanking the horse however so that dps can open up a little more freely and then your bear can go cat when they merge.

As for Moroes, I don't particularly see a problem in your logic with the prot warrior assuming your healers will keep you up. And as for the Opera, it's definitely possible to tank more than one mob during the Wizard of Oz event and can prevent alot of confusion with that encounter if people are not used to it. Big Bad Wolf can be a pain because of his fear but it's not generally an issue, just make sure to chase him while he follows his target so you continue to stay top on threat. Romulo and Juliet is a good time for your Holy Shield to shine as you can safely soak up Romulo's blows when he gains 'Daring' without risking a crush, so have your other tanks on Julianne, especially if it's a warrior that can Bash heals.
[url=http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Turalyon&n=Bricksauce]Image
Image[/url]
Atreidies

Re: Kara - MT first 5 bosses

Postby Rhaenys » Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:53 pm

Igrado wrote:--)1( Attumen, should we
A) have the druid(or fury warr) OT take the horse, and I take Attumen when he pops, snapping him with JOR and exorcism.
B) take the horse and have the druid grab Moroes
C) have me just tank both.

--)2( If 1 of Moroes adds is the prot warr, should I tank both Moroes and the warr to free up CC/kiting as well as possibly pull me out of blind faster?

--)3( Anything really "paladin specific" things I might have missed on one of the Opera events? They seem pretty straight forward from a tanks perspective from my memory

1) Tank both, I tanked both with similar health last week, just makes things easier.

2) Depends on the group. We usually shackle/kill the adds first, but we run with 3 priests and 2 pallies.

3)Nothing in particular. Tank Romulo, as he hits faster. BBW is simple, just be prepare to run. Oz, I usually tank Roar and Tito (no lock).
Rhaenys

Postby Igrado » Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:50 pm

Can anyone write me a macro that will (attempt to) Target Attumen and cast Exorcism only if he is targeted, but otherwise will do nothing? I'd like to spam it from 96-95% so that Att comes to me then the druid can pull it off me, but I dont want to waste in to Midnight and have it on CD when Attumen pops.

I don't know much about macros but i was thinking

Code: Select all
/target Midnight
/cast [target=Midnight] Exorcism; Holy Shield

I'm not sure how to put in for it to do "nothing" but putting up Holy shield isn't going to hurt at this point in the fight and if it's on CD then nothing will happen which is the result i want.
Igrado
Maintankadonor

Postby Sabindeus » Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:08 pm

you can't compare targets to names, only to other unit IDs (not names).

so you can't really do what you're asking.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby bekk » Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:28 pm

For the first fight I would just stay tanking Midnight for now, and when you are comfortable knowing its not an issue, switch or tank both.

For Moroes I tanked Moroes and the Paladin at the same time. You will get hammer of justice once in a while, but it was pretty much a non issue. Since we only had one shackle, they killed the other 3 first then the paladin.

Opera is pretty easy to tank.
bekk

Postby jere » Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:57 pm

Igrado wrote:Can anyone write me a macro that will (attempt to) Target Attumen and cast Exorcism only if he is targeted, but otherwise will do nothing? I'd like to spam it from 96-95% so that Att comes to me then the druid can pull it off me, but I dont want to waste in to Midnight and have it on CD when Attumen pops.

I don't know much about macros but i was thinking

Code: Select all
/target Midnight
/cast [target=Midnight] Exorcism; Holy Shield

I'm not sure how to put in for it to do "nothing" but putting up Holy shield isn't going to hurt at this point in the fight and if it's on CD then nothing will happen which is the result i want.

What I do when tanking midnight is constantly cast rank 1 consecrate, that way attuneman is more likely to run to me when he spawns. It helps quite a bit and rank one shouldn't generate too much threat for the bear to handle.
jere

Postby Everlight » Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:36 pm

I just use this;

/target attumen
/cast [harm,exists] Exorcism

That will only shoot Attumen, it won't autotarget and blow it on Midnight. However, there's an important caveat. I don't attack Midnight at all, I don't even have her targetted. I just stand back and wait.
Everlight

Postby Tybalt » Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:07 pm

If you're tanking Midnight to start the event, spam consecration until Attumen arrives, and he'll go right to you. At that point, you can have your OT taunt him off you. Honestly, Attumen and Midnight don't hit for enough damage to make tanking them both unfeasible, unless you're significantly under-geared for Karazhan.

Good luck!

-Ty
Tybalt

Postby Downpour » Wed Jul 25, 2007 2:35 am

I generally tank both for convenience, but i wouldn't be comfortable doing that beginning KZ.
If you're on Midnight, after the initial pull don't use consecrate until Attumen's been pulled away
If you're on Attumen, just spam max-rank Consecrate from 97% until he spawns and you pick him up, but do nothing else to Midnight unless you're sure of his tank.

For Moroes, if the prot warr or holy priest spawn (or both) I'll try to get them and Moroes with AS+Exorcism to eliminate the need for additional CC. If that means getting any add other than the shadow priest as well, so be it, I just turn undead him if my OT's taunt is resisted.

You didn't mention it, but it's very possible for you to tank the Maiden too, just mash those buttons.
Downpour

Postby Diocaska » Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:59 am

Tybalt wrote:If you're tanking Midnight to start the event, spam consecration until Attumen arrives, and he'll go right to you. At that point, you can have your OT taunt him off you. Honestly, Attumen and Midnight don't hit for enough damage to make tanking them both unfeasible, unless you're significantly under-geared for Karazhan.

Good luck!

-Ty

I thought Attumen was untauntable?
Aurellia(90) Ulshala(85) Diocaska(85) Leighesha(85)
Diocaska

Postby adese » Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:32 am

Diocaska wrote:
Tybalt wrote:If you're tanking Midnight to start the event, spam consecration until Attumen arrives, and he'll go right to you. At that point, you can have your OT taunt him off you. Honestly, Attumen and Midnight don't hit for enough damage to make tanking them both unfeasible, unless you're significantly under-geared for Karazhan.

Good luck!

-Ty

I thought Attumen was untauntable?

I am fairly certain that he isn't tauntable. That makes it slightly better to have a Pallly on Attumen than a Warrior or Druid - he can use Exorcism to quickly get Attumen's attention. If I am on the horse, I try to avoid using Holy Shield to give the other tank a chance at getting aggro on Attument.
adese

Postby Tybalt » Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:37 am

Diocaska wrote:I thought Attumen was untauntable?

Whoops, you're right...

Regardless, with only consecration ticking on him, its always been very easy for our OT (feral druid usually) to pull him off me and drag him to the other side of the room.

Nowadays, I just tank them both. 8)

-Ty
Tybalt

Postby Nerissa » Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:12 am

Atreidies wrote: And as for the Opera, it's definitely possible to tank more than one mob during the Wizard of Oz event and can prevent alot of confusion with that encounter if people are not used to it.

I've personally ended up tanking two of the bastards WHILE kiting Tinhead. Happened last night.

(Strawman decided to tear the fire mage to shreds.)
Nerissa

Postby Ills » Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:19 am

The times that I've seen the Oz event, we've had the right people to keep the mobs appropriately controlled. So where does that leave me?

Tanking Tito. 8)

His hits are so weak that I take less than 75 dmg/hit. Seems like a waste of time, actually.
Every fight is like Sartura, only without the screaming and the dying.
Ills

Next

Return to Karazhan