Remove Advertisements

Tidewalkers Murlocs

Hydross, Lurker, Leotheras, Fathom-Lord, Tidewalker, Vashj

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Lakirby » Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:07 pm

I'm managing fine on them with 14.3k unbuffed health/495 def/uncrushable. And make sure if you don't already have it that you get the Libram of Repentance.
<Shadows of Eternity> - Kilrogg EU - 5/5 MH 9/9 BT
Retiring 11/07/08 - Tanking to the bitter end.
Lakirby

Postby Alerek » Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:17 pm

I have the Libram of Repentance (5+ block for 15 badges is a steal). It looks like I'm some avoidance/block and a couple thousand hp behind. Hopefully I can out roll the tank core on some high stamina gear.
70 Paladin - Perenolde - Semper Vigilans
Alerek

Postby Rasmfrackn » Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:51 am

If you're tanking murlocs, the whole uncrushable thing is out the window because they're not bosses. (They're level 71 so 480 defense is uncrittable) High block levels are obviously good for swarms of light hitters, but would you really need more than reasonable tank gear and redoubt?
Rasmfrackn
Dwarf Paladin
Icecrown Server
Eng/Scribe/Masochist
Rasmfrackn

Postby Lolhorde » Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:21 pm

What my guild does is has a holy paladin throw on some tanking peices, and me and him stand down near the watery graves, he pulls them to us with healing aggro, I then Avengers sheild the murlocs coming from one side, then taunt the remaining murlocs off of him, and we both spam concencrate. It's a very effecient way to do it I find.
Lolhorde
70 Dwarf Paladin
Skullcrusher
Lolhorde

Postby Nebuchadneza » Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:58 pm

For our guild ~950 +healing is about what I need to equip to stay on top of the threat list. Any less and our healers seem to pull a couple of them away. This is with around 15-16k health and Dabri's Enigma/Figurine of the Colosuss to help make the healing easier. I always cast 4 heals no matter what and go auto pilot for the 7 minutes or so that it takes to drop him. If you have never done this fight before, don't tank these things with your healing shield/weapon/libram on. Make sure you hotswap them out to proper tanking gear so your healers don't freak out. (We always have 2 healers on me)
Nebuchadneza

Postby Novariety » Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:12 pm

Our casual guild got him down after about 6 attempts and a little tweaking of strat and positioning.

Usually always have 2 pally tanks in the raid so the murlocs became quite trivial as one pally tank would pick up the 6 from the short side (where we positioned the boss) and the other (me) would pick up the long side murlocs. I would throw my avenger shield and would then taunt the other 3. Resists I would target and judge Righteous.
Novariety

Postby Zolexa » Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:37 pm

Few questions on the "heal the lock" strat. Sorry if I missed the answers in previous pages, trying to read while at work. :lol:

1) Where the warlock stands. Does he stay with the pally and remain lifetapped between earthquakes? He's OOR from doing any DPS? Or have him stay with raid and pray he doesnt get graved at a bad time? But also being in earthquake range? Is earthquake damage sufficiant alone to gain heal aggro w/o needing additional lifetaps? Will a graved warlock being healed have the same effect?

2) Can one healer cover both graved people and the pally?

3) Is the heal aggro enough to keep the side of murlocs that have to "pass thru" the raid (we set up at doorway to north tunnel)?

4) Is there a video showing this that still works? Finding most of the ones linked here no longer exist.
Zolexa

Postby ehly » Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:37 pm

Well this is how I use to do it:

The Tank pulled him to the side of the door pointed away from the dps.

The raid grouped up in front of the pillar.

Myself and 1 healer would stay back behind the raid. Kept me and my healer out of grave range.

Using the heal the Locks system I can easily pull the murloc aggro. Being on the wall there they don't have to weave through the middle and get slowed down, so both groups hit at nearly the exact same time.

When glob phase comes we moved into the hall. The tank on one wall and the raid and myself gathered up behind him. So the AoE of the last murlocs is right on boss.
ehly

Postby Huon » Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:46 am

seems overly complicated.

I tank with everyone right on Tide's arse and we AoE them down right there so every single AoE hits him aswell. I just heal some peeps to get aggro, I put a mark on my head and if I happen to get graves while tanking, I just get my OT or any other warrior to shout and pull them all to him.

So far so good with this strat.
Huon

Postby ehly » Sat Apr 05, 2008 1:16 pm

Thats how we use to do it. We changed due to a string of bad grave luck, and you only need 1 tank and 1 pally OT. Frees up space for someone else. Its surprising how fast he goes down this way actually, it doesn't pull very much dps away from the boss if you have good seed spam locks.

This way there is zero chance of your OT ever getting graved, and is a very quick 1 shot.
ehly

Postby Lylith » Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:09 am

Our guild's main tankadin cannot attend the raid tonight and as I also have a palatank alt (still in blues/Kara gear), our paladin classleader thinks I'd probably be able to tank the murlocks with him. My armory shows my thrash gear, I can equip my tankatronics, use major agi elixir, an agi scroll, elixir of major fortitude, spelldamage or stamina food, wizards oil and get all raid buffs and equip my healing mace (maiden) and shield (crystalpulse) for healing the lock. I could also equip my wayward footman shield with a block rating enchant to get more block rating, but that would gimp my armor even more.

http://armorylite.com/eu/Jaedenar/Lylitha

Raid buffed, I'll have ~17k hp and a bit over 450 spelldamage. Is this just not going to work or would you think it is worth a try when the healers pay attention?

For the two waves of murlocks, would you suggest I wait until both waves hit me (I'll stand at the bottom of the ramp) before telling the aoe to start, or let them start when the first wave hits?

I am the raidleader, what makes it a bit silly to ask for tactics, but I only know the fight from a warlock's point of view so far.

Thank you for helping. :)
Lylith

Postby Lakirby » Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:47 am

I'd wait until both waves hit you, then give it a second, then call for AoE. I'd actually consider using that trash gear too, it gives you a respectable amount of spell damage and you should be fine for getting aggro.
<Shadows of Eternity> - Kilrogg EU - 5/5 MH 9/9 BT
Retiring 11/07/08 - Tanking to the bitter end.
Lakirby

Postby Snake-Aes » Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:55 am

Using a threat set did it for me.
Murloc Tank on the graves with a pocket healer.
High spell damage = bigger heals on the warlock(I use the BoL libram if he has BoL. IT's not like holy shield BR or empowered SoR will do a big diff here.

all healers salved and not using any kind of aoe heal. No one but you heals the warlock that will be tapping down.

Start healing when the raid warning comes and wait(3 to 4 HL did it for me). They glue to me, aoe starts once I consecrate both waves.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Lylith » Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:10 am

Thank you for the replies so far. I am especially wondering whether my relatively low hp (17k raidbuffed), armor (13,5k unbuffed) and block value (330ish) will be enough. :wink:
Lylith

Postby Yadard » Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:51 am

I tanked them with less than that pre-2.3

Sworn: We do bad things to bad people.

Yadard - 70 - Moonglade
Yadard

PreviousNext

Return to Serpentshrine Cavern