Flames of Azzinoth tanking gear

Naj'entus, Supremus, Akama, Gorefiend, Gurtogg Bloodboil, RoS, Sharaz, Council, Illidan

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, fiend

Postby Worldie » Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:13 pm

Both our flame tanks run with 17-19k HP which seemb pretty decent to me.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
User avatar
Worldie
Global Mod
 
Posts: 13381
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:49 pm
Location: Italy

Postby sanctifico » Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:38 am

I think my gear leaves me at 296Resistance, 488Defence & 18.5K hp 23%dodge, 17%parry and 15%block (removed allmost all my block crap).

I'll be going through it tonight, because our first tries are due next reset Oo.
Image

3/6 Sunwell Pre-Nerf.
sanctifico
 
Posts: 273
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:47 am
Location: Customer Services Exec.

Postby Jensaarai » Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:35 pm

sanctifico wrote:I think my gear leaves me at 296Resistance, 488Defence & 18.5K hp 23%dodge, 17%parry and 15%block (removed allmost all my block crap).

I'll be going through it tonight, because our first tries are due next reset Oo.


Cap that resistance :shock: unless that's without FR aura.
Jensaarai - 85 Prot Paladin (Lost Isles - US)
Endüre - 85 Prot Warrior (Lost Isles - US)
User avatar
Jensaarai
 
Posts: 760
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:44 pm
Location: Yorba Linda, CA

Postby sanctifico » Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:14 pm

thats without ofc :p
Image

3/6 Sunwell Pre-Nerf.
sanctifico
 
Posts: 273
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:47 am
Location: Customer Services Exec.

Postby Averroes » Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:22 pm

This is what I have unbuffed.

305 FR(w/o FR aura)
436 defense
13537 HP (Note I don't have the 40 stam leg enchant yet nor the 12 stam boot enchant either)
319 spell damage

Do you guys think this is good enough before getting any buffs or what?
Image
User avatar
Averroes
 
Posts: 387
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:52 am
Location: West Palm Beach, Florida

Postby Worldie » Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:35 pm

You are not uncrittable.

Get uncrittable.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
User avatar
Worldie
Global Mod
 
Posts: 13381
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:49 pm
Location: Italy

Postby Averroes » Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:16 pm

K logged out in my FR gear what do you guys think I should change or adjust?

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... =Agravaine

One of the warrior with FR told me he didnt have 490 defense or any resil gems and did fine so I did the same as him.
Image
User avatar
Averroes
 
Posts: 387
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:52 am
Location: West Palm Beach, Florida

Postby Worldie » Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:57 pm

- 15 resilience on chest
- replace one trinket with the trinket from Exhalted KoT which gives stam and resilience
- replace the meta in the helm with a 12 defense one, or the ssoe with a enduring talasite

Then you should be uncrittable adding a Flask of Fortification.
Else you might want to replace helm enchant, and get the KoT one instead of 20 FR, and cap FR with a Flask of Chromatic Wonders.

Also, enchant legs and boots if you plan to use em :)



Yes you can be lucky without uncrittabilty, but just a crit toghether with a unresisted hit, gg oneshotted tank.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
User avatar
Worldie
Global Mod
 
Posts: 13381
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:49 pm
Location: Italy

Postby Averroes » Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:17 pm

Worldie wrote:- 15 resilience on chest
- replace one trinket with the trinket from Exhalted KoT which gives stam and resilience
- replace the meta in the helm with a 12 defense one, or the ssoe with a enduring talasite

Then you should be uncrittable adding a Flask of Fortification.
Else you might want to replace helm enchant, and get the KoT one instead of 20 FR, and cap FR with a Flask of Chromatic Wonders.

Also, enchant legs and boots if you plan to use em :)



Yes you can be lucky without uncrittabilty, but just a crit toghether with a unresisted hit, gg oneshotted tank.


Sounds good ill get right on it asap thanks :)
Image
User avatar
Averroes
 
Posts: 387
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:52 am
Location: West Palm Beach, Florida

Postby Averroes » Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:08 am

Alright my gear as of now will this be good enough?

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... =Agravaine
Image
User avatar
Averroes
 
Posts: 387
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:52 am
Location: West Palm Beach, Florida

Postby Morganim » Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:10 am

From my experience

Cap FR
Stack stamina (you want 19k buffed or close to it)
Stack +dmg

Uncrittable isnt a big issue, ive never been uncrittable (and taken a couple for sure) but there resisted so badly that its never been more than 7k-8k
Morganim
 
Posts: 427
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:55 pm

Postby Afraithe » Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:06 am

Morganim wrote:From my experience

Cap FR
Stack stamina (you want 19k buffed or close to it)
Stack +dmg

Uncrittable isnt a big issue, ive never been uncrittable (and taken a couple for sure) but there resisted so badly that its never been more than 7k-8k


Quoted for absolute spot on truth.

Ignore the uncrittable part, if you can get uncrittable, thats just a bonus.
Image
Afraithe
 
Posts: 524
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:21 am

Postby knaughty » Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:59 am

Morganim wrote:From my experience
Uncrittable isnt a big issue, ive never been uncrittable (and taken a couple for sure) but there resisted so badly that its never been more than 7k-8k


I've taken a 15k crit with capped FR and 472 defence.

Get uncrittable.

Get the ring from 3rd chest ZA or the timelapse shard for some resilience and you can hit uncrittable easy, you don't even need the chromatic flask or significant BT gear.
This isn't the "Offtankadin" forum. My MoP FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/FAQ-5-0
- Knaughty.
User avatar
knaughty
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 3558
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:06 pm
Location: Sydney, plotting my next diatribe against the forces of ignorance!

Postby Worldie » Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:07 am

It just reminded me of our warlock tank yesterday dying for a 8k nuke. He had 400 SR.

Having capped SR doesn't mean you will resist everything. Being crittable as flametank is playing casino. Sure it's unlikely that you get a unresisted crit, but if that happens, how are you going to explain that to the healers?
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
User avatar
Worldie
Global Mod
 
Posts: 13381
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:49 pm
Location: Italy

Postby Afraithe » Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:51 am

I have never seen or died to a crit (but I do not think their flame melee hits show up as (Critical) in the logs), or died any time from damage done purely by the elementals. In the 3-4 months we have farmed it the only thing that has killed me have been the beam 2-3 times and a few flame enrages.

The fire res gear I have is a lot better now than when I first started, but I'm still around 10 def from uncrittable.
Image
Afraithe
 
Posts: 524
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:21 am

PreviousNext

Return to Black Temple

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest