Remove Advertisements

Need to resolve tanking issues on Lady Vashj

Hydross, Lurker, Leotheras, Fathom-Lord, Tidewalker, Vashj

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Need to resolve tanking issues on Lady Vashj

Postby Awoeryn » Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:25 pm

My guild just started doing Lady Vashj tonight. We had 3 tanks on the run. Me and 2 prot warriors. We got to phase 2; and not very far I might add but hey first time; and died. Had a hard time getting the nagas down. Our DPS is good.

Anyways the issue I think is that tonight I was assigned to heal while the warriors tanked. I was fine with this, but wouldn't it make more sense to have one of the other warriors just DPS? We have 7 healers with us and I found I wasn't doing much on the healing end of things.

Any input is appreciated :)
Awoeryn

Postby ehly » Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:10 pm

If they had a hard time getting the nags down, then your dps is not good enough. Idealy you really should be killing them about as fast as they spawn. Some overlap isn't unusual when learning it, if two are up for a long time, or even three. Then the dps is way too poor.

We've only every done it with two tanks. Myself and Warrior on all our progression kills. I tanked the naga in one section of the top. The clothies on the striders need to be well aware of where it is, so they don't get cleaved or get extra chain lightnings on you and your melee.

Our ranged taunt I found very useful for nabbing the naga on their way to the healers. Our strongest healers were always near middle, and in range of RD. Most the time all the warrior did was run around and dunk cores since I had them just fine on my own.

IMO, having the third tank dpsing would be far better on this fight over having a prot pally heal here. Phase two (the real fight itself) is very dps based. Getting max dps on the Nagas, Striders, and Elementals is very important.
ehly

Postby Strom » Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:10 pm

We have me tank Vahsj in Phase 1 and 3. During phase 2 I collect Naga with my ranged taunt and bring them near our Warrior tank so he can taunt them off me in the middle. That way DPS is not running all around and the fight is more controlled. I throw out some light heals when not pulling around naga lol.

I think we make very good tanks on Vashj. We have an emergency BoF for ourselves and we really do not need extra healing for phase 1 and 3 it seems.... just more DPS.

When I tank her we gain like 800 DPS. When the warrior tanks her we gain a little over healing lol.
Strom

Postby masterkiller » Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:21 pm

Strom wrote:We have me tank Vahsj in Phase 1 and 3. During phase 2 I collect Naga with my ranged taunt and bring them near our Warrior tank so he can taunt them off me in the middle. That way DPS is not running all around and the fight is more controlled. I throw out some light heals when not pulling around naga lol.

I think we make very good tanks on Vashj. We have an emergency BoF for ourselves and we really do not need extra healing for phase 1 and 3 it seems.... just more DPS.

When I tank her we gain like 800 DPS. When the warrior tanks her we gain a little over healing lol.

Exactly. Phase 2 you should be grabbing Nagas and War/Druid should be tauning them off. You can actually do this with just 1 pally tank when you have it on farm.

I would suggest they rotate out one of the tanks and get a real dps in. 3 tanks will REALLY hinder your progression. You need as much dps in there as possible.

2 tanks max
6-7 healers
rest dps
masterkiller

Return to Serpentshrine Cavern