Remove Advertisements

Deep Prot build? Rating?

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Deep Prot build? Rating?

Postby Tumeric » Sat Jul 21, 2007 8:01 am

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=aZV0tIxhdggqzVbx

Ie been toying with deep prot building, and i was wondering why i didnt see many people past 44 in prot. I just find those extra 5 points allow me to keep 1h weapon specialization, to me the increased damage by everything with a 1h equipped helps as your gear scales and your spell damage rises this will increase all other spells including holyshield and sanctuary it seems.

what thoughts do you have on this build maybe a way to twink it a little more to Dive on into kara.
Tumeric

Postby Baelor » Sat Jul 21, 2007 8:12 am

The build you have linked there is not only a good build, but it is *the cookie-cutter* "maintankadin" talent spread. Grats on figuring it out yourself!

Roll with that. Get yourself to 102.4% miss+dodge+parry+block and 490 defense and you're good to go. After you get there, just start trading block rating out for dodge/parry and stamina.
I am the light that brings the dawn.
Something Wicked this way comes.
Formerly: Baelor of Runetotem-US (2006-2007) | Cathmor of Malfurion-US (2007-2010)
Follow me on Twitter
Baelor

Postby Tumeric » Sat Jul 21, 2007 10:54 am

nice no idea it was the cookie cutter, Ive been toying with it for a while swapping 1 for another over and ove rbut i kept weapon expertise as well as divine intellect until here last night when i started debating how i could get closer to 102.4 i keep hearing about. Much to my surprise i had completely skipped parry in retribution. then i started thinking what i could do to gain more defense as i was only @ 12,000 armor and 498 def so more i looked the more i found to arrange.

Guess it wasnt as obvious as it is to me now that ive read specs on wow pally forums, kinda feel like a noob lol
Tumeric

Postby Passionario » Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:47 am

Actually, it's not the pure cookie-cutter spec; you'd have to replace Improved HoJ with Precision for that. :wink:
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Postby Thels » Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:45 am

Agree with Passionario there. Imp HoJ really ain't that great. It just might be that little edge in Heroics, but more likely it won't make a difference at all. The cookie-cutter spec has Precision instead of that. Rest matches.

Doesn't mean everyone has to use the cookie-cutter build. Imp Devotion, despite it's small bonus, still get's chosen quite often, instead of Reckoning for example. Some people also like Weapon Expertise, though most people aren't too fond of it.
ImageImage
Thels

where?

Postby Alel » Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:32 pm

I'M at work now so i can't link my armory, but i've always wondered about this cookie cutter build i keep hearing about, where can i actually find it? i'm probably pretty close, just curious what differences i might have and if they might work better than what i have.
Alel

Postby Jensaarai » Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:10 am

Jensaarai - 85 Prot Paladin (Lost Isles - US)
Endüre - 85 Prot Warrior (Lost Isles - US)
Jensaarai

at work :(

Postby Alel » Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:28 am

lol, i can't link my armory cuz i am at work, but i also can't look at them either. i'll take a look at it whe i get home. thank you for posting it though, gonna make me look foward to going home :)
Alel

Postby adese » Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:58 am

In case you can get to WoWHead, here is the cookie cutter build. There are some minor variations - some people take Weapon Expertise, for example. But by and large this is it.
adese

Return to Basic Training & Talents